New Western Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

4.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andrew Welker

Pros
  • New Western is a great company to work for, it is a fast paced environment that will teach you all you need to know about investment real estate (in 6 reviews)

• The work environment that is created in each office pushes the associates to be their absolute best day in and day out (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission - if you struggle you don't eat (in 8 reviews)

• The job is competitive and commission based (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The Best Job Opportunity I Could've Asked For"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Bala Cynwyd, PA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Bala Cynwyd, PA

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Here's everything you need to know about working for New Western Acquisitions:
    Professionally, you will benefit from flexible work hours, second-to-none training, amazing leadership that's paired with positive motivation, and unlimited income potential. Personally, you will grow, build life-long friendships, and enjoy a creative and fun work environment. I can say with complete honesty that this job is the greatest opportunity that anyone could hope for.

Cons

A fast-paced work environment can result in stress, but it's 100% worth it to work with such an innovative and supportive team.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. You're truly amazing.

2. "Acquisitions/Dispositions agent"

Current Contractor - Acquisitions/Dispositions Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Contractor - Acquisitions/Dispositions Agent in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at New Western as a contractor

Pros

There is no cap on how much money you can make. It's a very motivating atmosphere to be around when your constantly around those who desire to be successful and enjoy the success of their peers as well. Consistently gaining knowledge of the real estate industry. You will also have no choice but to be surrounded by important people. " You are who you hang around" is a montra that is true in life and in work.

Cons

There is no Ceiling in real estate but theres no floor either. The only possible con that you will face as an agent at New Western is the cons that you create. If you do not put in the work or have the self motivation that is required to be successful you will fail.

3. "Best company I've worked for!"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time

Pros

This is hands down the best company I have worked for. The atmosphere is amazing, and we all know that is hard to find. My bosses are super kind and easy going. There is no better place to work.

Cons

Nothing. Nada. Zilch. No con's only pro's!

Advice to Management

Keep it up! :)

5. "Incredible Environment to Learn and Grow"

Current Intern - Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Intern - Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at New Western as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment at New Western is unmatched. The comradery built within the associates in the office goes a long way. They work together day-in, day-out to get things done at a very efficient rate. In just under 4 weeks as an intern, I have already learned very valuable lessons and methods to get ahead in real estate and in life. The management plays an exceptional role in leadership. They trickle down a positive mindset that radiates amongst their employers and clientele. The opportunities to grow and earn income are endless. The sky is the limit as to what you can achieve at New Western.

Cons

A commission based job is a risk that is presented to be a possible* downside.

Advice to Management

Only advice I would have is to continue to incorporate the company structure that is already presented. From making sure to establish a genuine relationship with clients to helping employees keep morale high so that they gladly produce the best service possible.

"Income and Environment"

Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Lake Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Lake Dallas, TX

Pros

The exciting career path most realtors are looking for but haven't found. This brokerage is for those that are money driven and enjoy the "work hard, play hard" culture. I've made more money in my first quarter here than in an entire year with the last company I was apart of.

Cons

This career is not for the casual real estate licensee. Dealing with strictly investment properties you have to be quick between the ears and ready to handle discourse.

7. "Most rewarding job I have EVER had"

Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in Lake Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Acquisition Agent in Lake Dallas, TX

Pros

Make your own schedule, financial freedom, great office culture and team building, amazing support and respect, exciting and fun.

Cons

If you are not self motivated and have a great work ethic this job will not be for you. At NWA we strive for excellence and if you are not willing to put in the work then you will not be successful!

"Newest Recruit at New Western"

Current Employee - Disposition Agent in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Disposition Agent in Orange, CA

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am without a doubt the newest recruit at New Western Acquisitions (Orange, CA). I read the bad reviews our company got and I can't for a second see where any of them are coming from. I've been working here for 2 1/2 months, have sold 2 houses, have met every executive manager, and I LOVE the team that I work with. This CAREER is unlike any other. It's beneficial from so many directions... Think about it: You learn real estate, one of the best industries out there; every single client you bring in to your network is an *investor* that has loads to teach while you help them make money; you work with other motivated, ambition individuals like yourself who push you to be your best and who get on you for slacking; and you're basically getting the chance to run your own business with a proven business model put in place.
    And to all the people saying they don't like the payout: If you think you're making too little than work harder and move up through the company.. All of the managers running this company started from disposition and eventually opened their own offices. My broker has been working at the company for 6 years and now makes WELL over 6 figures. That seems like a pretty good investment to me. Currently, we have hit record numbers last month and are on track to hit even higher this month. I couldn't be happier with any other company. I love you, New Western.

Cons

The learning pace is super quick but honestly that's what it takes to be successful, adaptation. I also struggle with my personal life because I love work so much that I have to force myself to leave the office at night.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate your recruits like you did me.

"Fast Paced, Constantly Evolving, High Energy!!"

Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Clear Lake, TX
    Current Employee - Acquisitions Agent in Clear Lake, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I moved from Louisiana without fully knowing what I was getting myself into. I found a work environment that matched my energy and passion for learning, growth, making $$ and having a good time. The company is one of the fastest growing in the REI industry so knowing you are working for one of the pioneers in investment real estate is rewarding in it's own right. I wake up every morning excited to get to work and be around my coworkers. Earning potential is up to each individual. You put in the work and follow the play and you will be successful.

Cons

Being a 1099 employee is nerveracking and volatile but at the same time you create your own opportunity. The security of a salary isn't there but neither are the confines - earning potential is capped - your income is up to you. You create your earning potential with hard work. No voluntary health care plans is also downside that should be implemented.

Advice to Management

Keep the positivty and energy high. Implement a voluntary health care plan for employees.

10. "Acquisition Agent"

Current Contractor - Acquisition Agent in Orange, CA

I have been working at New Western as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great office environment with friendly people to work with. Nobody micro manages you. It is very high energy with everyone looking to help each other. The commradery between everyone is unheard of along with the opportunity to make however much money your heart desire. There is no ceiling to your income and your potential. I couldn't imagine working in a better place.

Cons

If you're not confident in your own abilities and need to be constantly managed then this job is not for you- this could be a pro for some but might be a con for some.

11. "Life changing opportunity."

Current Contractor - Acquisition Agent in Orange, CA

I have been working at New Western as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

- You are free from the 9-5 BS.
    - No salary means you are not capped and have the opportunity to make as much as you want.
    - The massive amount of knowledge you learn and how quick you learn is honestly priceless.
    - The environment and team members you work with motivate and push you to be successful.
    - You wake up in the morning thankful that you have the opportunity to MAKE MONEY, and not just work for money.

Cons

- Nothing is handed to you on a silver platter. You may go a few months with no income. But thats Real Estate.

Advice to Management

- Keep hiring people who are hustlers, motivated, ambitious and have a strong work ethic.