Cover image for New Western

Join the conversation on

Real Estate

975 Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=New Western~354014
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture is great — it's highly competitive but also built upon teamwork.(in 69 reviews)
  • "Environment is really nice and all the people are great.(in 25 reviews)
  • "Fun work environment(in 22 reviews)
  • "The internship that they offer is a great opportunity and experience for one who may be interested in real estate!(in 21 reviews)
  • "Management and team are more than willing to be as helpful and avialable as possible.(in 20 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of New Western and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Amazing opportunity to learn and make some coin!

Oct 21, 2022 - Dispositions Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great system in place that is easy to learn which has yielded me early success. Supportive team environment with both managers and peers in the office as well as from other office happy to show me the ropes. Flexible work from home ability while also offering a professional office setting to host clients and observe and learn from others in the office.

Cons

I have not found anything yet that has turned me off about this job. I am coming from a role in which I did have a salary and benefits but the opportunity here is well worth the risk. I am betting on myself and going all in.

New Western Response

Thank you for leaving a review and for the kind words! We are always striving to make sure we offer the best environment possible here at New Western and it sounds like you are experiencing exactly what we promote in all of our offices.

2. 5.0

Uncommon Opportunity

Dec 4, 2022 - Agent in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited opportunities, even in an uncertain market.

Cons

You have to work hard to be successful

3. Join the New Western team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

30 days in NW Review

Dec 1, 2022 - Disposition Agent in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best culture ever Learning is extraodinary

Cons

Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing

5. 4.0

Phenomenal culture

Dec 6, 2022 - Disposition Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, very fast paced, with an ability to make as much money as you can.

Cons

strictly commission ( you eat what you hunt), no benefits, training is not as helpful as it should be. Very much learn as you go- which isnt great in a commission only structure.

6. 5.0

Great Environment, Great Job

Nov 17, 2022 - Disposition Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

I definitely like the job and the general environment in the office. It is fast paced and competitive but also supportive at the same time.

Cons

It is 100% commission based, which means you need to be financially prepared to potentially not make money for the first few months.

New Western Response

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your feedback!

7. 5.0

Great Community!

Nov 17, 2022 - Disposition Agent in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I think the biggest pro of New Western is how involved everyone is. Through training we spoke with GM's from multiple different offices, and even our CEO, as well as tons of other top agents through weekly sales trainings. You will have tons of resources available to you as well as a great office environment with a team who will help you out. Our KC office has happy hours, networking events, and other out-of-office activities. Getting involved in these activities with your office is so important to your success!

Cons

A con I will say is that it is very overwhelming at first. You will get a ton of information thrown at you, but somehow still feel like you need to know so much more. It will come with time and experience, you will not be expected to make a sale or know everything in your first few months, but you will get there. It will be overwhelming for a bit. But you will not succeed if you aren't actively in the office and asking questions. Consistency is key. It may be hard to balance work/personal life at first, but you will find a schedule that works for you-try to stick with it.

New Western Response

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate your feedback and are very happy that you had a great experience with the training we offer.

8. 4.0

Solid Company - Be Prepared to Grind When You First Start

Dec 1, 2022 - Dispositions Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

100% commission sales so you get the freedom to make as much or as little money and commitment as you'd like. Supportive team and resources. Very specific sales and business model, but enough wiggle room to find your niche. Opportunities to grow within the company beyond a commission only position.

Cons

Growing company still so have growing pains. 100% commission so if you don't sell your not getting paid. There can be a little bit of a learning curve if you don't come from an investment real estate background. If your not used to sales or having a flexible schedule can be hard.

9. 4.0

Good company

Dec 1, 2022 - Acquisition Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule and not micromanaged too much

Cons

False promises and lack of training

10. 4.0
    Former Employee

Have to work hard for your earnings

Dec 1, 2022 - Dispositions Agent in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun place to work great environment

Cons

All commission no base pay

11. 5.0
    Former Employee

Pays as high as much as you are willing to work

Nov 7, 2022 - Disposition Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Being a 10-99 allows you incredible freedom and work life balance. It also allows you to make as much money that you want every month, as long as you are willing to put the time in.

Cons

If you take advantage of the flexible work schedule, you could go the entire month without making a dime.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 550 Reviews
</>Embed

New Western Reviews FAQs

New Western has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 684 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at New Western to a friend and 95% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, New Western employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at New Western. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

97% of New Western employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated New Western 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.9 for culture and values and 4.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at New Western to be management, culture, career development and the cons to be work life balance, benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with New Western Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at New Western? Share Your Experiences

New Western logo

New Western Careers

Cover image for New Western

New Western is many things. We are bold, yet refined. We disrupt the industry, but stay sophisticated, modern and fresh. We love to work....More

• Careers

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

111 days ago

Company News
It’s our second consecutive year and third time overall that we have been recognized as one of the top 1% of privately held companies in the US on the Inc. 5000 list. "When we started out almost 15 years ago, all we had was grit and the promise of profitability. Thanks to hard work, dedication, and our unique insights, New Western is revolutionizing the residential real estate industry for everyone from home sellers to investors and home buyers. This recognition is a testament not only to what we have accomplished so far, but also to what we will achieve in the near future," said Kurt Carlton, co-founder and president of New Western.
Shared image - Inc. 5000 Names New Western One of America's Fastest Growing Private Companies
Inc. 5000 Names New Western One of America's Fastest Growing Private Companies
prn.to

140 days ago

Company News
Our Jacksonville office is now open, making it our fourth office in Florida! Check out the full press release here: https://yhoo.it/3PITs6l. "Jacksonville will be an incredible market for New Western. Median home prices are below that of other major cities in Florida, making it extremely affordable for investors," said Brian Neal, the GM. Interested in joining our team or moving to the Jacksonville office? Check out the current openings: www.newwestern.com/careers.
Shared image

NetWorth Realty Logo
NetWorth Realty

4.8

Compare

Glassdoor has 684 New Western reviews submitted anonymously by New Western employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if New Western is right for you.