New Western Sales Agent Reviews | Glassdoor

4.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Andrew Welker
1 Rating

Pros
  • New Western is a great company to work for, it is a fast paced environment that will teach you all you need to know about investment real estate (in 6 reviews)

• The work environment that is created in each office pushes the associates to be their absolute best day in and day out (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • 100% commission - if you struggle you don't eat (in 8 reviews)

• The job is competitive and commission based (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing growth and support"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in San Antonio, TX

Pros

New Western has by far been one of the greatest jobs I have yet to be part of. Its not just a job but rather a family. Its leadership, its growth, its drive, its development. Its the ultimate springboard to success. Your success is directly correlated to work ethic. It requires an individual to step up and grow not just one area of your life but all areas of your life. To succeed here you have to be self motivated, and driven, the income is completely self determined. But there is a constant flow of opportunity. I worked in the San Antonio location, the amount of support and leadership is absolutely unbelievable. Its not often you go into a job where every individual under one roof is willing to help you and support your growth in real estate, not only that but it expedites your sales training for any sales job. You can learn 5 years of knowledge in just 6 months working for a family like New West. By no means is this job for everyone, it is a grind, it is a hustle, but there is no ceiling with New West.

Cons

The only cons come with your personality type. You are your own business, no one is holding your hand. If you lack drive, organization, or even professionalism your growth is limited. You are your own business. If you are intimidated by hard work, this is likely not the right place for you. You have to want it.

Advice to Management

Under the San Antonio and Austin market, the leadership is absolutely unbelievable, they are all simply amazing. Everyone has their story of success, and the adversity each person has been through has helped shape them in to amazing leaders with some of the most amazing and priceless guidance and motivation. Thank you.

"Awesome Place To Work!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Lake Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Lake Dallas, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked here at New Western for almost six months and I love it! This company has an excellent culture and I've never had a "Monday" feeling when I come in. You can call anyone (including the owners) at any time and they will drop everything to help you. There is zero cap on your commission so you have the opportunity to earn however much you want. It's a killer company and a great way to learn about real estate. I have learned more in the six months of working there than I did in my previous 3 years of having my license. Great opportunity!

Cons

Sometimes I do not know what to do with all the money I make and I have too much fun while in the office

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and hire motivated individuals who have the company's best interest in mind.

"Disposition Agent (Sales)"

Current Employee - Disposition Agent (Sales) in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Disposition Agent (Sales) in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are passionate about investment real estate I would highly recommend looking into New Western Acquisitions. This company gives you every tool necessary in order for you to reach the levels you desire. What I personally love most is that when you come to work here you have no other option but to succeed and strive to become the best at what you do. The reason for this is because you are able to surround yourself with knowledgeable colleagues that motivate you and inspire you to exceed the expectations and reach levels that you didn't even know were possible. Albeit, this job is not for everyone! It requires a tremendous amount of time, dedication , and hustle in order to become a top producer. However, If you're willing to put in the grind the sky is truly the limit for what you can accomplish and become.

Cons

Very competitive with a consistent influx of sales guys coming into the office.
    No salary- you must perform (For those who hustle for it, this is not a problem)

Advice to Management

Management is very motivating! Consistently pushing you and ensuring that you're working towards your true potential. They make the atmosphere exciting with competitions, rewards, etc.

"This is the company I decided to dig into as a career. Very satisfied."

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at New Western full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

New Western Acquisitions will teach you everything you need to know to be successful doing Real Estate. The office culture is friendly and everybody is competitive in a healthy way. It will be exciting to grow with this company over the years.

Cons

There are many markets this company still needs to expand into.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"i love my job!"

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bedford, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Agent in Bedford, TX

Pros

great pay for producers.
    fraternity like brotherhood between employees.
    growing company=opportunity for fast promotion.
    getting paid for learning investment knowledge that others pay a lot of money for.
    Awesome quarterly meetings!

it's not an easy job, it's challenging and demanding but very rewarding. i have worked with other real estate brokerages, residential and investment, and New West has surpassed any and all expectations i might have had. The training is there if you want it, both formal and informal. I know that i am an open book to any employee that has a question. the office atmosphere is unbeatable. i can honestly say that the guys i work with have become lifelong best friends of mine.

Cons

getting started is scary and defiantly not easy. long hours in the beginning. bringing lunch everyday and figuring out that i had to get an unlimited plan on my cell phone were some changes i made to make life a little easier at first. i think that's true with any sales job, especially real estate. there is a lot to learn really fast and it's clear that the faster you learn, the faster you can start getting paid. That's a lot of pressure for some people.

Advice to Management

keep being innovative. i think it's one of the main reasons we have been successful thus far. keep encouraging senior employees to continue to learn all new developments in the market. as long we never loose sight of those two things, we will continue to flourish.