New York Media Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

New York Media Holdings Reviews

3.8
Anup Bagaria

1. "Freelance Photo Editor"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at New York Media Holdings as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Lovely free coffee, snacks and mailed gifts. Flexible hours, relatively. Additional opportunities within the department. Involved in edit meetings. Frequent performance reviews.

Cons

I didn't have any benefits when I was contract unfortunately. But it's okay! It was a nice opportunity regardless.

Advice to Management

I don't have too much advice to management. Overall it was a pretty fantastic job, that lead to a lot of opportunities for me. It was great for my resume and I'm proud to have worked here

2. "General"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at New York Media Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Performance is based on ability to produce in a fast paced environment. Lots of opportunity to diversify your experience if you have ideas and motivation.

Cons

Limited on the breath of company since it is not part of a larger entity however there are many brand extensions to explore.

3. "Ok place to work, but not for long"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The management is pretty laid back, and the company is well respected and has great name recognition.

Cons

The pay is low and there are no bonuses or 401k matches. The management does not acknowledge hard work as much as it should, and also has mediocre standards when it comes to the quality of work from their employees. There is very little room for growth across the board in all departments.

Advice to Management

Give employees more incentives and more opportunity for growth.

5. "Good place to start"

Pros

New York Magazine is a great and well-respected property that provides good opportunities for young individuals to get their foot in the door in the media industry, where as they might not at larger publishing houses.

Cons

Since the advertising department is relatively small there are limited opportunities for growth in that department and pay is very low even for industry standards.

Advice to Management

The management at New York Magazine has a lot on their plate and it is hard to get in front of them when an issue arises.