New York Mortgage Trust Reviews | Glassdoor

New York Mortgage Trust Reviews

Updated Apr 28, 2019

Found 3 reviews

2.9
New York Mortgage Trust CEO Steven R. Mumma (no image)
Steven R. Mumma
  1. "Analyst"

Systems Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at New York Mortgage Trust for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment. Management really helps you learn along the way.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

New York Mortgage Trust2016-12-01

"Avoid"

Former Employee - Asset Management

I worked at New York Mortgage Trust full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good healthcare and it is paid for.

Cons

If you're smart then you will be doing most of the work, working long hours, and have no social life. My pto was denied because they did not have anyone else able to handle my workload. If other employees left early due to family events, I would have to take on their workload. I was denied going to a major family event that happens once even though I had the hours and would work on holidays when no else was. ... Even when I took vacation I would have to come in the office or be on calls. If I would find mistakes in others work that workload would become mine. Others were constantly doing personal items or shopping online while I would have to take on their workload. I would stay late and come into the office on the weekends but I was still told I was not doing enough. Others would come in late and leave early. Management would make multiple statements about my personal life. When I told management I needed more personal time so I could hopefully have a family, I was told to freeze my eggs. Personal boundaries were crossed on more than one occasion and I no longer felt comfortable going to social events, which were expected. There was no HR to go to with concerns and I was to go to the top with my concerns. After I resigned my LinkedIn profile was viewed multiple times by employees during business hours to the point I deleted it. I guess this was to enforce my noncompete agreement.

Advice to Management

Reward employees based on merit not the buddy system. Based on the median salary, I was significantly underpaid. Treat people like people.

New York Mortgage Trust2019-04-29
  3. "OK"

Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at New York Mortgage Trust

Pros

Good people. Met some great people here. Still keep in touch with them. Work environment is pretty good compared with most companies i am familiar with.

Cons

Ok money, but it is a very political environment when it comes to movement and raises. Sales driven company so ops people are sometimes forgotten.

Advice to Management

Look to instruct middle management to reward employees based on merit rather than for being buddies with their people. Raise pay scale in line with other comparable companies

New York Mortgage Trust2010-05-13