New York Vision Reviews | Glassdoor

New York Vision Reviews

Updated Aug 3, 2016

Found 17 reviews

2.4
New York Vision CEO Matthew Goodchild  (no image)
Matthew Goodchild

"Best workplaces of all time"

Current Employee - Upcoming Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at New York Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company has an incredible belief in its employees and is dedicated to their success. The company is founded on teching people to believe in themselves and be the absolute best in the world. They inspire intense confidence and truely know how to build people up and it is very admirable to see because most companies could care less about the next man.

Cons

I cannot fi d a con in this review. This company truely puts a serious foot forward for people and growth. They do not knock you the pride themselves on constructive criticism

Advice to Management

Keep striving and keep growing and learning. Dont let the world put an ounce of fear in your body. Know your the best, be the best, and teach others to be that aswell. Dont get ahead of your character and maintain that positive attitude

New York Vision2016-01-29

"A tragic mess of events."

Former Employee - Events Panner in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at New York Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

Literally couldn't tell you one. The job is entirely not what you apply for. I applied to New York Vision thinking I was going in to be screened as an event planner. Instead I was briefed on their "start at the bottom work your way to the top" strategy. Long story short I was expected to be a woman in a suit going to unfamiliar places representing Verizon. I'd go into small business and check on their service.... Depending on the clients the office was supposedly serving, I assume your task would be different. To conduct my interview I spent a twelve hour day with a young British woman. I walked up and down the streets of a notably bad neighborhood. I was asked questions similar to a rudimentary marketing class in a chicken shack. I was told I would be reimbursed for travel and parking as I transported my interviewer, her assistant and another competing candidate in my personal vehicle. I had to argue with upper management for a reimbursement of almost 300 dollars after my car was towed. All in all....don't let these con artists convince you to work for them.

Cons

The company is made up of con artists. The interview is physically torturous. The whole company seems like a scheme..

Advice to Management

Get some morals....

New York Vision2016-08-04

"Job Scam"

I worked at New York Vision

Pros

Good environment, people are motivated.

Cons

Zero work ethics, zero benefits, zero honesty.

Advice to Management

Stop being such liars with those kids.

New York Vision2016-05-23

"i can't leave the stars blank but know that the 1 star rating is really a -1. What a complete misconception."

Account Executive

I worked at New York Vision

Pros

some structure, education, time management, hard work

Cons

liars, manipulators, con-artist's the list goes one. This "company" is a complete JOKE and they deserve to be shut down but the New York Saate of lLabor.

New York Vision2016-05-18

"RUN RUN RUN AWAY"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at New York Vision full-time for more than a year

Pros

They taught me what not to look for in a "company". There was a café in the building so you didn't have to get wet on rainy days. yup, that's it.

Cons

ZERO VALUES - A bunch of BS "positions" and different job titles, all lead down to being bait and switched to the same thing. cold calling door to door sales. MLM SCAM!! Do yourself a favor and don't be sold.

Advice to Management

How do you sleep at night?

New York Vision2016-05-06

"Credico Scam"

Account Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at New York Vision for less than a year

Pros

If you have no experience, these guys will give you a job. They will give anyone a job. Don't try to impress them...this is a scam door to door sales "marketing"company who is constantly hiring fresh meat for their grinder. Do yourself a favor and Google the words "Credico Scam", read up on it, then go find a job anywhere else. Unless you are awesome at sales you will make less than minimum wage for the hours you... put in. Guaranteed. If you were any good at sales you wouldn't accept these super shady business practices, and would go work for a real company who values their workers. You are expected to work Monday-Saturday 8:30-6:30. Mandatory daily training from 8:30-9:45am in a room with loud blasting music...company chants and slogans...straight out of a cult!

Cons

-30 days to get paid commissions -filthy office language, get used to hearing the F and C words -no hourly wage -no health care -no dental -no 401k -no paid time off -brainwashing and manipulation of employees and interviewees every day -turnover at an amazing rate -work every Saturday -cash bar at every company function(big hint there people, this company is evil!) -whole company is a pyramid scheme based on... selling kids the dream of being a rich office owner someday -no reimbursement for public transportation that you take to and from the job site on a daily basis

Advice to Management

Stop being a scumbag? Stop taking advantage of the young, uneducated, and naive. Run a real company instead of some extremely sketchy independent contractor commission only scam. Stop selling dreams to desperate and unemployed kids. Be upfront in interviewing people and say, " This is door to door sales. We expect you to visit 40-60 businesses a day and make three sales a week. We will train you to identify and prey... upon weak impulsive people. We expect you to train for 1.5 hours everyday in a loud room with music blaring, while standing on your feet. We expect you to work 8:30-6:30 six days a week, until you quit. We will not reimburse you for travel, food, or any expense. If you are an awesome salesperson we expect you to train the endless supply of new recruits for free and promise you that someday you will get to be the boss and run your own office...someday." If you actually told the truth about the job, you would be out of business. Hopefully some people read this and don't interview with your outfit. Shame on these guys, totally unprofessional and shouldn't be allowed to do business in America.

New York Vision2016-03-29

"Star Risers"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at New York Vision full-time for less than a year

Pros

New York Vision is one of the most motivating , inspiring companies I have ever worked for. Not only do they prepare you for success in the future they teach you the average daily living ethics.

Cons

Their aren't any. If you are willing to work hard to become successful, everything being done at New York Vision is well worth it

Advice to Management

Continue to bring on board great employees with the expectations of succeding and people who believe failure will not be an option for them.

New York Vision2016-01-15

"Scam"

I worked at New York Vision

Pros

Good sales experience. Friendly environment.

Cons

This place is a scam. No matter what job position they post that they are looking to hire, it is always really for a sales position. They trick you into coming for another interview, and then they summon you.

New York Vision2016-02-06

"The Best thing I decided to do"

I have been working at New York Vision full-time

Pros

I just enjoy how the company made me grow personally and career wise. Its a very good place to meet alot of people, that want to bw succesful and have plenty of ambition. I enjoy being in a place where everyone is positive.

Cons

Challenging, some people cant handle it. Its very fast pace, and some new people dont understand what is trying to be done, and they just want to do the same thing every average person is doing in the world.

Advice to Management

Can we have more office stuff like water machines please

New York Vision2016-01-07

"Sales rep"

Sales Representative in Jersey City, NJ

I have been working at New York Vision

Pros

Energetic and positive work environment.

Cons

Traveling takes a lot away from my day especially after the long hours.

Advice to Management

None

New York Vision2015-12-29