NewDay USA Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
NewDay USA CEO Robert Posner
Robert Posner

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Its not often you see company reward for your hard work in such a fast time (in 22 reviews)

• Great base salary and commission potential (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • It's sometimes hard to manage that work/life balance but it is doable (in 18 reviews)

• The problem with long hours here is they aren't justified (in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Account Executive"

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great base salary and unlimited commission potential. Potential to make 100k in first 18 months.
    - The company is growing at a very fast pace and there are many opportunities for promotion.
    - Young fun work force.
    - A lot of the financial solutions that you provide veterans can be life changing.

Cons

The hours can be long and sometimes you have to work on Saturday. However, there is a new work life balance division with a great base salary and commission plan.

Jun 16, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts on NewDay!

2. "Great Overall Job"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

positive work environment, a lot of people my age, good pay, good training

Cons

sometimes hours but for the most part not bad

Jul 17, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thanks for your feedback. Employees do sometimes work long hours, although some departments now offer more scheduling options to better fit employees’ lifestyles.

3. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NewDay USA offers a great opportunity to learn and master the mortgage industry. Their training program last a couple months to teach you the basics of the mortgage industry. However, with an industry as complex as the mortgage industry, there is an opportunity to learn something new every day, no matter the amount of experience one has. With the competitive nature that comes with almost any sales position, there is also a family atmosphere. I can go up to any account executive in the office with questions and they will almost always be willing to go out of their way to help. In addition, many of the employees in the office are good friends, who legitimately enjoy each others company even outside of office hours. NewDay USA is a great opportunity for anyone willing to work for a great income. There is a direct correlation between the time and effort one puts into their job and income they receive out of it. Management gives starting account executives the tools for success for anyone willing to work hard enough for it.

Cons

Management does hold hold high standards for Account Executives. Account Executive is not ideal for someone to work and earn a "comfortable" 40 hour/week living. In order to move up the ranks quickly, one must be willing to at times come in early or stay late in order to fulfill the needs of clients. At times one must be willing to sacrifice parts of their social life in exchange for their professional success.

Advice to Management

Continue with the inter-team building competitions which help add additional incentive to work while also building moral and relationships within teams. These competitions include sports events, lunch/bar outings, and more. I believe these types of activities help promote a healthy work-life balance while also promoting healthy competition between employees.

Jul 17, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thank you for writing a review. We strive to create a fun, educational and supportive work environment, because the success of our employees reflects directly on our success as a company. Employees... More

4. "Assistant Vice President"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Fulton, MD
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NewDay will give you to tools to be successful. From day one I knew this would be a career versus just another job. In my first year of producing I was able to make six figures. I love the idea that hard work is rewarded and that NewDay focuses on promoting from within for that hard work.

Cons

Simple. We work hard, if you cannot do that this may not be the job for you.

Jun 16, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thank you for sharing your experiences at NewDay!

5. "Account Executive"

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Generous Base Salary + Uncapped Commission
    -Fast-paced, competitive environment
    -Large percentage of employees under 30 years old
    -Plenty of opportunity for upward or lateral movement within the company
    -Company pays for training/licensing (training program is top in the country)
    -Quickly gained fluency/savvy in personal/consumer finance

Cons

-The expected hours exceed 40/week and include certain weekends. This role is not for someone who is not willing to put in the time

Jun 16, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

We’re glad you’ve found NewDay USA to be a great place to learn the industry, make great money and build a career. You mention the work hours. We have listened to our staff and have just... More

6. "Newday USA"

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management, leadership, and training. Rewarding pay and rewarding work because you are helping veterans get into a better financial situation.

Cons

Hours can be long but there are different job options for new candidates that offer lesser hours.

Jun 16, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback!

7. "Endless Possibility"

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Ability to grow
    -Control of your career
    -supportive team environment
    -Financial security
    -Young atmosphere
    -Great culture
    -Company really appreciates it's employees

Cons

When you make so much money, you fall into a higher tax bracket, and more taxes are taken out of your paychecks

Advice to Management

I would say just maintain the atmosphere and general culture. This is an awesome job for entry-level graduates . Don't ever lose that.

Jun 16, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thank you for sharing your experiences at NewDay!

8. "Account Executive"

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NewDay USA gives you the foundation and the best resources to truly be successful in the financial and mortgage industry. You have people around you supporting you, helping you continually gain the knowledge and skills you need to grow within the company. I've been given the opportunity to really challenge myself and experience new things. Philanthropy, especially in regards to the veteran community is very important, and is something everyone in the company participates in and comes together to support by volunteering or donating. Overall, very happy and would gladly recommend to a friend.

Cons

The hours in some departments can get long, but you are well compensated for it.

Jul 17, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences working at NewDay! Yes, our employees work hard. However, we recently we developed a 45-hour work week option for new hires who are looking for... More

"Starter Job, Not a Career"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I worked at NewDay USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training is intense, but well worth it. There are a ton of little things that management will teach you to help you succeed. These things will also help you be a top producer at other companies. You have the opportunity to make a lot of money, but only if you're willing to put in crazy hours. The people there are all around the same age for the most part and truly become great friends. Working with your friends definitely helps when you're in the office for 10-12 hours per day. The base salary is also a plus.

Cons

There is no work-life balance whatsoever. If you aren't willing to come in early, stay late, skip lunch breaks, and/or work extra weekends, you will be looked down upon and it will be difficult to succeed there. Yes, the base salary is a bonus, but the commission is very hard to earn especially with a $416,000 floor. You're made to believe that they are training you to become a mortgage banker, but in reality you are only taught one specific part of one specific program. The politics there are ridiculous and upper management definitely plays favorites. The company sucks at retaining their employees and makes people scared to pursue other opportunities. They spend so much time and money on recruiting new people who are fresh out of school rather than focusing on the employees they already have.

Advice to Management

Caring about the wellbeing of your current employees would make for a much happier and more productive work environment. Fancy dinners and trips are nice, but so is having a life outside of work. Coming up with realistic standards and expectations for people to meet would reduce the amount of pressure and stress that employees are under, which upper management seems to be blind to.

10. "Processor"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst, Mortgage Processor in Fulton, MD
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst, Mortgage Processor in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great start to the industry, lots of young, hardworking, & social people. Lower management is very willing to help out. Culture of constant learning as you go is good and engaging.

Cons

Commission is hugely luck-based - there is SO much out of your control. Hard, fast work goes farther than smart work here. Superiors will get hung up on small details and then let major things fly when it's down to the wire & they need all the numbers they can get.

Advice to Management

Upper management is way more experienced than lower management, and so lower management pretty much gets told what to do. The company is essentially run by about 6 people.

Jun 27, 2017 – Senior Account Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We’re glad you’ve found NewDay USA a wonderful place to start your career. We’re fortunate to have a fun, engaged and hardworking team. And you’re right, we invest heavily... More