NewDay USA Reviews

Updated May 13, 2021

3.6
NewDay USA CEO Robert Posner
Robert Posner
Pros
  • "Good base salary coming right out of college(in 30 reviews)

• "It also keeps me very eligible for all promotions to award any hard work(in 30 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The job does require long hours(in 82 reviews)

• "Long work days make work/life balance difficult(in 53 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Great opportunity

May 13, 2021 - Assistant Vice President in Fulton, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Provides the all the tools needed to be successful when other sales companies don’t. I’ve been on both sides of the fence. The opportunity to become more than financially stable very early in your life is equally presented to everyone who walks in the door. It is up to you on whether or not you are willing to work hard enough to achieve it.

Cons

Expect to work hard. If you’re looking to go to college for another 5 years and drink multiple times a week, this isn’t the place for you. On the sales side, NewDay is tailor made for people who want to work hard and earn a great living at an early age. People can complain all they want, those expectations weren’t hidden from anyone. It’s mentioned in every single interview multiple times that we work hard & expect sales to work every other Saturday.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good if you are planning a career as a loan officer/advisor in the mortgage industry or sales

May 4, 2021 - Account Executive in Fulton, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

The office is pretty nice but gets old after spending 12 hours a day there. The only thing that brought me in to work everyday was my teammates. If you are young and hungry, its a good place to be overworked and make less money than you deserve. Wasn't enough to keep me there though. NewDay also trains you for SAFE exam and pays for licensing which is a plus.

Cons

As an Account executive , you are assigned to a team when you start, and some of the team leaders (AVPs) suck. They pretty much make or break your career at Newday. If you like your AVP and they encourage you to do well, you will make a lot of money and not hate your job as much. Good AVP's are rare though because the only requirement to getting a leadership position is closing a certain number of loans in one money and having at least 1 SOI.

NewDay USA Response

Thank you for the feedback. At NewDay, we invest heavily in the success of our people as they join our company, and are proud to promote from within. We'd like to extend that same opportunity to your friends as well. There will always be veterans who need our help.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee

Solid start and career path

May 13, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

money, young environment, and fast pace

Cons

work life balance, working on Saturdays, commission changes

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good for first job/1 year, not a career path

Feb 20, 2021 - Associate in Accra
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Good training program on the mortgage industry - Helps get your foot in the door of the mortgage industry - Allows you to learn about other fields in the mortgage industry

Cons

- Newday promotes unqualified managers. - Managers do not receive quality training to lead people. - Long waiting list to transition from Account Executive to Capital Markets, Accounting, HR, Business Analyst. - Newday has extremely high turnover. For example, they have been saying for years they will soon employ 1,000 employees. Given such high turnover they always stay between 500-700 employees. Being unable to retain quality employees leads them to lose the successful people they do have. - Account Executive position is purely sales. You are not going to become a mortgage expert when you become an Account Executive. You are purely going to learn how to sell and persuade people into cash out refinance mortgage programs. If you want to truly learn the mortgage process go the processor/underwriting route. - No work life balance if you’re an Account Executive. Most major banks and lenders provide weekends off and provide numerous holidays and vacation time off. Newday does not.

NewDay USA Response

Thank you for your feedback. At NewDay we are proud of our robust training curriculum. We Want to ensure that all of our employees are well-prepared to provide our veteran community with world-class customer service. We are lucky to have people whose values align with ours: integrity, resiliency, and providing world-class customer service. Our employees are dedicated to serving our veterans whenever it may suit them. Their strong commitment helps us serve veterans all across our country. We are glad you were able to benefit from our training program and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

5. 2.0

Wouldn't Recommend.

Mar 2, 2021 - Former Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you want to go into the mortgage lending business this is a good place to start to get experience because they hire anyone that applies

Cons

The turnaround rate is insane people leave the company all the time so they are always hiring new people. They advertise high pay for recent college grads but that only comes if you work long hours, sales people are required to work two Saturdays out of every month, and there are only a handful of people that reap the benefits. If you are not into cut throat jobs don't work here. They advertise promoting from within but that is rarely seen and if they do promote you it doesn't come with a pay increase or a very small one. Again, only the few people that generate the most money get promoted the most and it becomes a cycle. I would say this company is a pyramid scheme, but if you're looking for a job out of college just go get your foot in the door and it relates somewhat to what you want to do then apply. I wouldn't trust all the positive reviews on here, employees have been asked to make positive reviews.

3 people found this review helpful

NewDay USA Response

At NewDay our employees take pride in serving our nation's veterans and are committed to providing world class customer service and being available when needed. Our employees are dedicated to serving our veterans whenever it may suit them. Their strong commitment helps us serve veterans all across our country. We value your feedback and dedicated service to the veteran community!

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Pay Your Processor

Apr 27, 2021 - Loan Processor
      Business Outlook

Pros

You will become elite at your job in the industry. Where I work now, the people we interview from NewDay I always recommend we hire because I know what you went through, you are a battle hardened warrior.

Cons

I doubled my salary the 1st year at my new mortgage company. And the job I took wasn't even the one that offered me the most money.

NewDay USA Response

Thank you for your feedback. Our employees are dedicated, committed professionals, and there are countless opportunities to excel for those who seek to grow.. We wish you the best of luck on your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This job changed my life

Nov 23, 2020 - Account Executive in Colima, Colima, Colima
      Business Outlook

Pros

I never could have imagined being this financially secure having just turned 24. I almost didnt take this job because of reviews on here back in March. Since then I went through the training program and got on the sales floor. The leadership on my team is fantastic and having moved to a new city where I knew nobody I was able to make all my friends right at work and we all hangout outside of work during the weekends. Another thing I like is that the upward mobility is great here. Already having the chance to get promoted after 6 months is not something I believe would be attainable at most companies. Also the competitive nature of this position and the sales floor is something I personally love. Overall taking this job really changed my life. I have the financial freedom I was hoping to attain in my 30s and still have the ability to have fun on the weekends and enjoy my life.

Cons

It seems that how much you enjoy your job can depend on who your direct manager is. If you grew up not working more than 40 hours this will be a culture shock for you. The base hours are 49 and top AE’s usually work 55 or so. Personally I enjoy it but some people might not.

4 people found this review helpful

NewDay USA Response

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with NewDay. Our employees are dedicated, committed professionals, and for those who seek to grow, there are countless opportunities to excel in your career here with us at NewDay USA. We wish you continued growth and success here at NewDay!

8. 4.0

Work Hard

Apr 26, 2021 - Underwriter in Fulton, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Can make decent money for working hard and underwriting loans

Cons

Heavy commission based income, need to work hard to make good money

NewDay USA Response

Thank you for the feedback, we are happy you recommend! We take great pride in helping our nation's veterans, and wish you continued growth here at NewDay.

9. 4.0

Decent job

Apr 27, 2021 - Loan Officer
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Base salary 60k - Coworkers are good people

Cons

-Inbound leads weren’t very strong

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you’re a hard worker, NewDay USA is for you.

Apr 5, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is second to none. You will work hard to satisfy your clients. NewDay USA rewards you with a solid salary and benefits.

Cons

This company is fantastic, energetic, and clearly cares about their clients. Not many cons about this company.

NewDay USA Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your positive feedback! We greatly value teamwork, and an energetic, fun, and friendly culture. We wish you continued growth and success here at NewDay!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 471 Reviews