NewDay USA Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2020

NewDay USA CEO Robert Posner
Robert Posner
Pros
  • "You are prepared like nothing else for the licensing exam(in 47 reviews)

• "It also keeps me very eligible for all promotions to award any hard work(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours dont give you much free time outside of work(in 76 reviews)

• "The hours can be draining and preventative of a healthy work/life balance(in 44 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Proud to be a NewDay employee"

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

NewDay is a great company to work for and provides you with the opportunity to succeed. As a sales employee, the inbound leads and no cold calling is almost unheard of in the industry. They pay a competitive $60K base plus commission, bonus's, benefits, PTO, which is very generous to say the least, plus more. The company even pays for your training (most companies do not do this!) and has their own University that you start out in your first few weeks on the job. I didn't know anything about the mortgage industry when I started, and I was provided with all the materials and resources to learn everything you need to know about the industry and the company to do the job well. I get numerous job offers daily simply because of NewDay's training program and leadership that is unlike any other company. I have been promoted twice in the past two years working for NewDay, and my managers and leaders have given me that opportunity to achieve the goals I set for myself. I am given the independence to run my own business in a sense, and the leaders provide the right amount of guidance and weekly meetings to keep you on track. Just like most sales positions, you need to be self-motivated, competitive, and driven to do well. I would describe most employees and the company culture at NewDay to be competitive and high energy. At the same time, everyone is on a team named after the NFL and is supportive of each other's success and is always helping the person beside them. Success is not only recognized individually, but as a team as well.

Cons

Most people will say that the hours are the downside of working at NewDay, and we do work more than 40 hours a week. However, the compensation is way more than any 40 hour job and is well worth it.

October 24, 2019

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with NewDay. Our NewDay USA University is passionate about training and developing our employees with the knowledge and expertise they need to serve our nation’s Veterans. Our employees are dedicated, committed professionals, and for those who seek to grow, there are countless opportunities to excel in your career here with us at NewDay USA. We are proud of our world-class award-winning training and the success we have had when it comes to grooming the future leaders of the mortgage industry. We wish you continued growth and success here at NewDay!

2. "Pretty Good"

Current Employee - Intern in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA part-time

Pros

Enjoyable culture, open door leadership

Cons

Sometimes boring, not always work to do.

3. "Account Executive"

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

earning potential great industry team atmosphere

Cons

fast-paced long training extra hours

"Great first job. Good pay. Long hours"

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

-60k base salary -Commission on top- defending on department can have the potential to make a lot of money. -Promotions within- if you do wellyou will be promoted. -Great work environment for young businesses professionals

Cons

-Long hours -Work every other Saturday -Can be stressful

Continue reading
  5. "When you’re out of options"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I worked at NewDay USA full-time

Pros

They give anyone a chance and you have high earning potential

Cons

Extremely long hours Limited vacation Below average benefit structure Lack of strong leadership

6. "Loved working at this company!"

Former Employee - Underwriter

I worked at NewDay USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people you work with are great. That is probably the best part about the company. Has a small company vibe so you really get to know the people you work with. Management is amazing - they are approachable and understand your side if there's an issue. The mission of New Day is also really touching and makes your work meaningful.

Cons

There can be inexperience in certain departments as the company hires young people right out of college. Although, management understands it and tries to help. Can be very frustrating to work with people who don't know how to do their job.

May 14, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with NewDay!

"This is the job for you"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

great team fit for you and mine

Cons

You have to work hard really hard

May 14, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing your positive experience with NewDay

"Be ready to devote your life to this company"

2.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at NewDay USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The training really is great, up until it isn't. You are prepared like nothing else for the licensing exam. Most of the people there are wonderful to work around. The pay is still pretty good, though I'll get into that more in a minute. You can actually help veterans and put them in a better position and help them accomplish their goals

Cons

The hours, be ready to not have a personal life working here. 12 hours days are pretty standard. Don't trust the recruiter telling you that you'll only work a couple extra days a month. If you leave at your scheduled time you will be looked down on. The pay is slightly misleading. They advertise a "60k base salary". It is not a salary position. You are paid 21.57 an hour. If you do that math that is not 60k, they rely on all that overtime and extra hours to make up the difference. Some of the programs can be a little scummy. Newday survives off of debt consolidation and cash out programs. If someone calls in and just wants to refinance, you are instructed to sell them one of those. Even if they explicitly tell you no, you are expected to push. Training is really good up until you actually learn how to do your job. While you are in training to get your licenses everyone is amazing from the staff in the University and up. Then once you get your licenses the whole program changes. You are given a stack of papers and told to read and learn. I never once fully knew what I was doing while I was on the phone. All in all I did like my time at newday, I learned a lot about finance and just business in general. But the job really gets overwhelming when you have no clue what you're doing. I am not writing this to scare people away from here, just making you aware of what the recruiters don't tell you.

9. "NewDay"

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time

Pros

The starting pay is great. 60k.

Cons

The hours are very long. 50 to 60 a week.

May 14, 2020

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with NewDay!

"Someone is Getting Paid to Write These Reviews"

1.0

I worked at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

A job. That’s the only pro. It’s a source of income. It’s easy to get hired because they are so desperate for employees. They hire absolutely anyone with a college degree and who can pass an exam

Cons

Don’t even know where to begin. The most poorly run business and mortgage company. The same 10-15 people make the big bucks and everyone else just slaves away. People kiss up and everyone is quick to throw co workers under the bus. Just a building full of people taking advantage of veterans. They also have many employees in India who slave away for cheap labor and work well past midnight during the busy periods. You have no life here just work. You can find a sales job absolutely anywhere else that can at least treat you with human decency

Found 375 reviews