NewDay USA "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

NewDay USA Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 8, 2019

3.6
NewDay USA CEO Robert Posner
Robert Posner
Pros
  • "They invested in me by paying for my licensing and training(in 46 reviews)

• "It also keeps me very eligible for all promotions to award any hard work(in 30 reviews)

Cons

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "The best sales job in America"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President In Training

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great energy, teamwork and investment in opportunity. Great pay and competition.

Cons

Work -life balance, high sales pressure.

Advice to Management

Everyone responds to advice and critiques differently. Everyone learns differently, just learn to adapt on how to approach each person.

NewDay USA2019-11-08
  2. "NewDay is everything you want in a sales position."

I have been working at NewDay USA

Pros

The atmosphere, energy, teamwork and investment in opportunity. The compensation was better in my earlier years but I still make a great living at a young age.

Cons

Work life balance and sales pressure.

Advice to Management

Everyone responds to criticism and development strategies differently. Learn to adapt to the players on your team and build and coach them based on the adjustments.

NewDay USA2019-11-08

"I wouldn’t recommend"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

experience, training, resume placement , license sponsorship

Cons

Sexist, embarrassing, work life balance, constant change in comp plan, clicks , separation , you will also have public embarrassing moments. Your phone calls are 99% of your job and they are recorded you will be publicly humiliated by a crowd of minimum 30 ppl ripping your call apart. I hated it.

Advice to Management

Make room minorities. I quit due to feeling like as a woman at your company I could not succeed unless I was in a more “feminine” roll as my team managers said. I was recommend to do purchase assistance and talent acquisition because those are the position most women are employed. God forbid your a black woman at this company. Unless your screwing one of the senior top managers climbing the rank as a black woman... here is discouraged by all of the people around you. You will also have public embarrassing moments. Your phone calls are 99% of your job and they are recorded you will be publicly humiliated by a crowd of minimum 30 ppl ripping your call apart. I hated it.

NewDay USA2019-09-05
  4. "So much opportunity"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

New Day has shown me so much about what a supportive work environment and strong work ethic can lead to. the young culture here also facilitates like minded employees so coming to work is enjoyable everyday. all our leaders have different yet effective leadership styles and are extremely open to feedback. this was my first job out of college and i'm making so much more than any of my friends. there is also a high... level of recognition for success here.

Cons

The hours are long so work life balance is hard to achieve. they are constantly changing depending on the time of year and the sales cycle. I wish there was a little more consistency with the schedule but the pay is worth it. there also a lot of things that are out of the account executives control so you have to learn how to be flexible and adaptable.

Advice to Management

having a stocked kitchen would be cool or more frequent lunches provided.

NewDay USA2019-07-23

"No work Life balance"

I worked at NewDay USA full-time

Pros

People around you are great

Cons

No work life balance Compensation basically impossible to make Turnover rate insane

Advice to Management

Invest in your people - 60k a year wont hold everybody for the hours you make them work

NewDay USA2019-08-13
  6. "This place is nuts"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Fulton, MD

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people you work with are awesome

Cons

Work life balance, meeting quotas.

NewDay USA2019-05-30

"RUN WHILE YOU CAN"

Current Employee - Purchase Account Executive

I have been working at NewDay USA full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Coworkers are very friendly

Cons

The pay is a scam (you don’t actually make the base, it’s hourly) There is no room for growth, the people already at the top stay at the top They are racist towards women of color, none are in leadership They lie about everything; don’t believe the hype They do not care about helping veterans, pulling credit of innocent people is the main goal Talk to newer employees like children and threaten them by saying... your job will be in jeopardy if you don’t do something No job security They pack up people’s desks weekly NO WORK LIFE BALANCE God forbid you have something to do besides come in to work

Advice to Management

Do better. This is supposed to be a professional job. Not a high school cafeteria setting. Please try and care about employees

NewDay USA2019-06-05

"Do not be fooled like I originally was"

I worked at NewDay USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

The only aspect I liked working here was the education they provided on mortgages. The university at NewDay is the only department who uplifts and encourages new employees. They were helpful when students had questions and knew exactly what they’re talking about for learning material on the SAFE Exam. Alyssa and Lindsay were hands down, the best part of working at NewDay USA.

Cons

Where do I begin. They offer an appealing salary and benefits package that gave very high deductibles on health insurance. At first, I loved the company. I was told I would work 9:30-6:30, Monday through Friday. After passing the SAFE exam, management told my training class, hours would switch to a harsher schedule of 53 hours, with some days being 12-13 hours long. Also working 2-3 Saturdays a month was now... included. If you worked past 53 hours (which I did multiple times), they would not compensate you. No room for negotiation on that either. I was expected to stay at my desk for the hours scheduled, without breaks or a one-hour lunch away from my desk. If you chose to leave your desk, you would be scolded. I was not made aware that it would be sweatshop like conditions in a “professional environment” as they claim. On numerous occasions, intimidation was used towards newer employees. If you weren’t liked by upper management or coworkers, or didn’t vibe with them, you were excluded from conversations and made to feel belittled. They would hold quality control meetings to review how staff was doing on the phones, and made you feel like a child instead of in a professional environment. AVPs and VPs would threaten your job regularly and use bullying as their management styles. They use derogatory comments to subordinates. No superior should treat their subordinates in the ways I have witnessed. The CEO would make repulsive jokes in sales meetings and make fun of certain individuals. If you don’t give NewDay your entire life, you are reminded every day. Work life balance is nonexistent. Also, i was not aware recruiting was part of my job description. My time in training was directed towards recruiting rather than mastering my craft. I was threatened to be taken off the phone if i didn’t acquire a number of resumes in a certain period of time. They have a high turnover rate because they do not know how to keep hardworking employees. Most employees left before their first year anniversary. Rob Posner claims “those who leave comments on Glassdoor are all lazy individuals who aren’t winners.” Why would anyone want to win at this company who intimates, discriminates, and lies to new hires. I seriously urge this company to get a reality check. Lastly, they are ripping off veterans. They take advantage of those who have no other options and charge them outrageous fees. I was sent LE’s from borrowers where NewDay couldn’t even compete against them. I am disgusted that NewDay says they are “helping veteran families” and offering “high customer service” which is there claim to charge such fees. Stop taking advantage of those less fortunate, Rob Posner.

Advice to Management

Stop recruiting by the masses and expressing the “company is growing” when you have routine layoffs. Don’t expect to have dedicated, hardworking employees if you have an issue with treating current employees as children. I honestly don’t know how this company can offer anything to veterans and say they are helping them.

NewDay USA2019-05-01
  9. "Account Executive"

I worked at NewDay USA full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people, everyone wants to succeed.

Cons

Work life balance. Be prepared to sacrifice your time.

NewDay USA2019-03-31
  10. "Good experience"

I worked at NewDay USA full-time

Pros

good work environment and good management

Cons

long hours. not good work life balance

NewDay USA2019-02-06