NewGround Reviews | Glassdoor

4.6
NewGround President & CEO Kevin Blair
Kevin Blair

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Feels like FAMILY!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at NewGround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming to work here at NewGround thus far has been amazing. Us as individuals come to work, spend the majority of our time at work with our coworkers, away from our family; it is important that we feel like a family. And that's how I feel. We are family......

Cons

There are absolutely none, NewGround has made me feel like family...

Advice to Management

Keep up the GREAT work and thank YOU.

Nov 13, 2017 – Training & Development

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. At NewGround we strive for a positive and warming onboarding experience. Our employees are our greatest asset and we value... More

"Positive Work Environment & Culture"

Current Employee - Construction Administrator in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Construction Administrator in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at NewGround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I feel extremely excited to happy to come to work every day. Each employee has an incredibly strong work ethic and integrity and this translates well because everyone really cares about what the company is accomplishing. The company is constantly updating itself and keeps itself relevant in its marketplace. The work environment is extremely modern and upper management engages with the employees.

Cons

In my opinion, there are no downsides to working at this company.

Advice to Management

Keep up the compassion and good work.

Nov 13, 2017 – Training & Development

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. At NewGround we strive for a positive culture and it is refreshing to hear you are excited to come to work every day!

3. "Current Employee"

I have been working at NewGround full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunity to grow and an awesome team of people!

Cons

All companies have cons but there is nothing worth mentioning.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

Nov 13, 2017 – Training & Development

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your career with NewGround. NewGround promotes a positive culture. We value our employees and strive to give the opportunity for development... More

4. "Best hiring and welcoming experience"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at NewGround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had the best hiring and welcoming experience!

During the hiring process Dennis L. was very informative and to the point on the project needs and the open position. He was very professional and was able to connect me with the local Team and also arranged a site visit. All benefits questions were answer in a timely matter.

On my first day, all my tools (computer, phone, emails, etc) were set up and ready.

As a new hire, I had to go thru the NewGround team introductory videos about the company. I think this was a great approach to introduce new hires to the Team and vision of the company.

Although I work thousands of miles away from the NewGround Headquarters, the Team’s warmth welcome reflected NewGround exceptional culture.

Cons

The time zone for initial set up was a little challenging but no cons during the hiring and welcome process.

"A want-a-be marketing company with little experience in Design"

I have been working at NewGround full-time

Pros

Newground is big on display, free shirts for staff and regular company events. Employee turn over is heavy except those not qualified for most other companies.

Cons

The company prides it self in financial design, but makes many many basic errors and does not fully provide customer value . There are many political silos making work even more difficult.

Advice to Management

Sell quality, in both design and construction not just talk. Experience is not a product, end result and buildings are...

Jul 24, 2017 – NewGround Employee Advocate

Thank you for your review and we are sorry for your frustration. Although we respectfully disagree with the issues you have raised in your review, NewGround is a company that values transparency and... More

"Not as it seems"

I worked at NewGround full-time

Pros

You might get lucky with a good team

Cons

The reviews shown don't reflect this company at all. There's a very old school and conservative atmosphere. There are a lot of office politics which results in everyone watching out for themselves. NewGround is not a place where you are encouraged or even welcomed to be yourself.

May 11, 2017 – NewGround Employee Advocate

As an organization, we strive for continual improvement and always take into consideration the feedback we receive to evaluate all of the ways we can evolve to ensure our staff always feel valued and... More

7. "Great Place To Work, family feel to the organization."

I have been working at NewGround full-time

Pros

Positive / healthy culture. Work place is fun. People are collaborative.

Cons

Can not think of anything at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to engage the staff in moving the organization forward.

May 3, 2017 – Training Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on NewGround. We sincerely believe we are a family and endeavor to balance our working environment with professionalism and teamwork. We value our... More

8. "Wonderful Company"

I have been working at NewGround full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

NewGround has a great company culture. I have never experienced working in such a positive environment. The leadership sets the tone with a servant leadership attitude, everyone rolls up their sleeves to get the job done. Creativity is fostered, not squashed. If a mistake is made, it is pointed out, but not harped on over and over. Collaboration is the name of the game and everyone is willing to help. People at the company treat everyone as an equal partner, we all have our piece of the puzzle and each piece is important. I have never been made to feel foolish or unintelligent which is a big change from past employers that I have had. I hope to be a part of this organization for a very long time.

Cons

Typical human nature issues. Not everyone will get along with everyone all the time.

9. "Vice President, Business Development"

I have been working at NewGround full-time

Pros

I joined the NewGround team in January. The level of professionalism and thoroughness of the onboarding process has been amazing. Great company and great people.

Cons

I honestly can't come up with any cons at this time.

Mar 16, 2017 – Director of Business Intiatives

Thank you for sharing your feedback! As a company, we feel that onboarding is a critical step when properly introducing a new employee to our organization. We are happy to hear that you've had such a... More

10. "VP Business Development"

I have been working at NewGround full-time

Pros

I just finished my onboarding process. A very professional and thorough process. Management lives and breathes the company slogan... "It's all about the people". Great place to work.

Cons

I have no cons at all to report.

Jan 15, 2018 – NewGround Employee Advocate

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As an organization, we feel that onboarding is a critical step when properly introducing a new employee to our organization. We are happy to hear that you've had... More