KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

1. 5.0

Job Satisfaction And a Positive Culture

Nov 22, 2021 - Project Manager in Concord, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Malcom Gladwell, Outliers, in his book , The Story of Success, Stated that three things are the qualities the work must have to keep an employee Happy , content and successful. They are , Autonomy, Complexity, and a connection between effort and reward. I can honestly say that NewGround Int. is the only company I have ever worked for to recognize and implement these factors to create a powerful Family and tribal culture within the Business realm that supports and encourages success in each and every employee.

Cons

When I find some , I will let you know

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to be a team member!

Oct 13, 2021 - Senior Project Designer in Chesterfield, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

With an ample amount of training/onboarding you can start working with confidence rather than confusion. The workplace is very diverse and creative. You are provided with all the current technology you need to make your day to day easier. It is easy to understand why there are so many employees that have worked for the company for so long!

Cons

I have yet to find any.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

NewGround Review

Sep 28, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The whole hiring experience was great. Human Resources and the hiring managers were pleasant to speak with. They emailed and called regularly to keep me updated with the hiring process. Once hired everyone was very helpful. They walk you through the Medical Benefits and 401K process. I'm so glad I was hired on at NewGround. I believe I will enjoy it more every day as I become more comfortable in the position.

Cons

Not applicable at this time

4. 5.0

Collaborative Work Environment

Apr 23, 2021 - Environmental Graphic Designer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Everyone so far has been very kind and wants to work together to get the job done. Great example of teamwork makes the dream work. -They gave me the best tools I need to get my job done. When I asked for some additional things, they were quick to get what I needed. -IT is always accessible and quick to help. -Health insurance is a bit more money than I'm used to but the HRA for insurance makes a low out of pocket for PPO. -CEO and other management is down to earth and accessible to talk to. -Beautiful Office and location in the Loop close to many forms of public transit. -I get a lot of creative control with my projects and my boss trusts and believes in my work. -Onboard training was very thorough. -Everyone I work with directly is a rockstar at their job.

Cons

-Retirement match from the company is lower than what I'm used to.

NewGround Employee Advocate

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We value our employees and strive to give them the tools and opportunities for development and growth. We are glad to have you as part of our team.

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Not Female Friendly

Sep 21, 2021 - Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

None that are really great

Cons

NewGround is very much still an old boys club and if you don't just agree with the CEO you will be eventually pushed out. They added some of the interiors team to the website so they can appear diversified.

1 person found this review helpful

NewGround Employee Advocate

NewGround values diversity and we are committed to a philosophy of constant and never-ending improvement which is why our company has thrived for over 100 years. Three of the nine members of our leadership team are women, and they are key to the success of NewGround. We believe our employees bring the greatest value to our organization and encourage all to share their concerns, suggestions, and ideas with management. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

NewGround International

Jun 1, 2021 - Project Administrator/Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful people - wonderful work environment! They listen to and care about their employees. Interview process was very thorough...they definitely want to make sure they hire the right person that is the best fit for the position and the company. I've met so many coworkers that have been at NewGround for 20+ and even 30+ years! That speaks volumes about the company! I was fortunate to find this position and this company.

Cons

I guess the only cons aren't about the company...being hired in the middle of a pandemic has been interesting!

NewGround Employee Advocate

Thank you for sharing your experience. Here at NewGround we strive to promote a positive culture. We are proud of our employee tenure and the number of employees who have left and later returned. We are delighted to have you as part of the NewGround team!

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Consist. Slow and Steady.

Nov 13, 2020 - IT Help Desk Technician II in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

My experience maybe different from other departments, this review is a review of my daily experience and task. Very consistent - My work load did not dramatically change from week to week. I had a clear understanding of what was expected of me. My peers and managers cared about me as a person- The VP of IT and everyone else in the company are very caring, never rude, or impatient when I worked with them on support request. Small team - the Chicago office is a small team most of the employees I supported were remote for me even before Convid Work life balance - I can not speak for other departments but I had the best work life balance working here. 8-5pm M-F people respected my time off and I was never asked to do anything outside of my comfort zone. Made my role what I wanted it to be and figured out how to make myself valuable. Very good health coverage - Never seen health coverage this good from a small company! This is a job for someone in it for the long haul. Do not take a job at this company if you are not patient, able to anticipate the needs of projects you are working on, if you need a lot of hand holding. It is a small group of people doing multiple task, you need to be able to proactive and get the job done.

Cons

Smaller company not as much room for growth but comparable to other companies it's size, some people are happy at the position they are in. The Chicago design team is growing but you know convid.... - Did not know what other departments are working on Old school company so very tight lip on how the company was performing not sure how departments tracked performance.

1 person found this review helpful

NewGround Employee Advocate

Thank you for sharing your experience. Employees are NewGround’s greatest asset, and we are proud of the positive and professional work environment we have built over our 100+ year history. We genuinely believe a good work life balance is vital to the success of every employee here at NewGround. We are proud to offer a strong benefits package to provide high quality coverage to all employees. The future looks bright at NewGround. We continue to build on the success of the past as we grow and expand into new markets, even during these unprecedented times.

8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

It’s all about the “new” people.

May 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

My team. My team was the best and the main reason I was there as long as I was. The regular (non executives) employees are wonderful people.

Cons

I worked at NewGround for numerous years and was let go in a ten minute meeting by a person who had been there a couple months. I’ve been through the emotions...sadness, anger, and betrayal. There’s a lot of things I could say here, some good and some bad but my hope is that the company and ceo grow from this whole “hiring shiny new employees and tossing out the old dedicated ones” into something better. I never wanted to burn bridges, it’s not my style but they did it to me to by the way I was treated in the end.

NewGround Employee Advocate

We agree that our employees are wonderful and believe they are our greatest asset. We are proud to say that we were able to forge through the pandemic by transitioning to work from home while maintaining our staffing levels. Unfortunately, NewGround needed to make some difficult changes to meet our business objectives to adapt to the changing needs in our market. We are committed to continuous improvement through feedback and we thank you for this review.

9. 5.0

Great Company!

Jul 20, 2021 - Designer/Planner in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, great work ethic, positive environment! People have great energy and are very encouraging (I joined as entry level) so I felt comfortable learning alongside other designers.

Cons

None that I have experienced.

NewGround Employee Advocate

Thank you for sharing your positive experience. We value our employees and believe a positive company culture is foundational to every employee’s success. We are thrilled to have you as a part of our team!

10. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A lot of good, but a lot of bad too

May 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office, most of the people are really great, I was lucky enough to have an amazing team to work with. For a while I had an immediate supervisor who was really great and I was very happy with this job until he left the organization.

Cons

The internal company slogan is "it's all about the people". Really it should be "it's all about SOME people" - as in whomever falls into favor at any particular moment with HR and/or Senior leadership. There was some big turnover in leadership and it became a very toxic environment which is why I had to leave.

NewGround Employee Advocate

We agree, we have amazing workspaces and our team members are the best of the best. Like most organizations, some change is necessary to meet our business objectives. Adapting to changes in the past two years and moving the needle to meet our business objectives, we have added two new senior leaders among our already tenured leadership team. We believe our employees bring the greatest value to our organization and encourage all to share their concerns, suggestions, and ideas with management.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 45 Reviews