I have been working at NewHire full-time (More than a year)
A true small business in the sense that if you feel empowered to get something done, the management and the team empowers you to do it! I would describe the workplace as a "whistle while you work" environment, where everyone at the company is friendly and engaging, but we still get stuff done. It's an exciting time to be here as we continue to grow and expand.
Ping pong table is tiny! Just kidding. But seriously, the compensation doesn't knock your socks off. The nice thing is that it comes with the typical "tech promise" -- you'll learn so much working here and gain the experience that you want to gain, it will pay for itself down the line.
Advice to Management
Innovate, innovate, innovate. The software must continue to improve both functionally and aesthetically in order to stay ahead of the competition.
- Great place to get maximum exposure to all aspects of recruiting.
- Their flagship product is based on a very simple and useful idea.
- Small company, easy access to the owners/leadership.
- They do a good job of marketing themselves to their niche: small to mid-size firms w/o HR staff.
- Management tends to get off on tangents-- adding new functionality to the product instead of perfecting existing functionality, pursuing big long-shot sales instead of focusing on incremental increases with existing customers, etc.
- Compensation isn't as lucrative as at other places. Small, fixed commissions rather than big commissions for big deals.
- They are very friendly and accommodating to employees needs, but at the same time will nickel and dime employees where possible.
Advice to Management
- NewHire software is a great concept-- fix the bugs and polish existing functionality before trying to tack on more! Stay focused.
- Remember to look for bargains everywhere but with your employees... or end up with bargain employees.
This will replace the current featured review for targeted profile. Are you sure you want to replace it?
Are you sure you want to remove this review from being featured for targeted profile?