KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

NewVoiceMedia Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2022

Found 114 of over 117 reviews

4.1
NewVoiceMedia CEO Dennis Fois (no image)
Dennis Fois

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing company

Feb 12, 2022 - Field Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic people, solid processes in place, fun work environment, good benefits

Cons

It was acquired by Vonage

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company

Sep 2, 2020 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture and career advancement

Cons

Healthy benefits could be better

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Awesome company with a ton of growth potential!

Dec 10, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working in the San Francisco office for about 6 months now and I have to say this job has truly changed my life. I wake up every morning excited for the day ahead of me. I love working with my colleagues, they make NewVoiceMedia a fun environment to work in. We always encourage each other in a positive way and we like to have fun too! My hard work is always recognized and appreciated by my manager and my peers since we have a smaller team. If you enjoy going above and beyond your daily tasks without the overhead of doing so, this is a great place to work. We strive for innovation here and we have a strong "roll up your sleeves" attitude. Working for an international company also provides you with the opportunity to communicate with different cultures around the world. I love having our UK team support us and the english accents don't hurt either ;) We are growing so much and there is so much opportunity to grow within NewVoiceMedia. We love hiring from within the company and since we've only been in the US for about a year, there are so many positions that need to be created that anyone can grow into. This is a really exciting time to be part of NewVoiceMedia and I'm very confident in our future.

Cons

Overall, we need to communicate better globally. It's definitely an adjustment to learn how to work with the UK team when you're on completely different time zones.

4. 5.0

Opportunity, positivity and fun

Mar 6, 2018 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership has almost completely turned in the last year. The C-levels are now in San Francisco establishing and enhancing relationships across the country and particularly in Silicon Valley. Our relationship with SalesForce is super solid. We know our strengths and execute on them. We believe at our core that the customer experience whether our own customers or our customers customers should be at the heart of everything. When we operate with that level of passion and understanding everything else falls into place. It is very easy to make decisions on roadmap, internal processes and hiring decisions when our mission and core passion is so clear. We are a late stage start up—enough people and customers to know what we are doing and focus on our strengths. New enough to be agile and respond to both employees and customers. Our CFO is conservative and mature. He makes good decisions that will keep our company in the black. His English sense of humor keeps us all laughing. Finally, we are a culture that cares. We really care about our customers success and the well being of our employees. A JOY to be here with this group of incredibly talented, smart and personable people.

Cons

We need more people. So much to do, an exciting time! While changing, a lot of the operations are in the UK and that can be difficult.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Avoid this place at all costs

Feb 5, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty average salaries, it's somewhat of a well-known product in the Salesforce ecosystem.

Cons

NewVoiceMedia is a horrible place to work. The management is completely corrupt, picking and choosing who they like and sticking with those people. Even top performers get completely left behind and even let go if they don't fit in to the frat culture that is NewVoiceMedia. While there are some good people, the people who make decisions are some of the most ethically bad people you will ever meet. Don't fall for anything you are told during the interview. Most of it is complete BS. Now that Vonage took over, things are even worse.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing, Empowering & Fun!

Jan 28, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're looking to be accountable and trusted, while having the support of the smartest army behind you, this may be the place for you. The environment is quite fast paced, but extremely rewarding if you can keep up. Every single person here puts forward the very best of themselves - it's apparent everywhere you look and it's contagious. Mistakes can be made, with support and understanding from peers, along with the lessons that go with them. Successes are shared, but contributors are made positive examples of to encourage all. Rewards and recognition are constant on individual and team goals, and the rewards are BIG. Career Paths are well established, with awesome examples throughout the business of folks moving up the ranks - and quickly. Basically, it's all about Performance (People, Teams and Technology) & Culture, ...and the people here have simply gotten it right. I'm loving this ride and looking forward to the years to come.

Cons

It's not really a con for all, but if you don't like traveling (like me), you may not enjoy going to London a few times a year for Kick-Offs, Boot Camp, etc. London is great, ...it's just getting there that is the con for me.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity for accelerated growth within a $40B industry.

Dec 18, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite aspect of NewVoiceMedia is the people and culture. There's also the potential to grow your career much faster than you ever could within a large corporation. There's a thing to be said about truly enjoying your colleagues and wanting to work side by side with them on a daily basis. Our team goes to bat for each other and is always willing make sure we succeed as a unit. We have a culture that understands the mentality of working hard while encouraging a healthy work/life balance. Management is very accommodating and respectful of your personal life, while supporting your professional goals and helping you achieve them. Being a part of the team at NewVoiceMedia is a wonderful experience and I can honestly say I love coming to work every day.

Cons

I do not have any complaints to report on.

8. 5.0

RVP Sales Development

Jun 10, 2015 - RVP Sales Development in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was invited to a meeting with a North America RVP of Sales, EVP World Wide Sales and SVP Sales Operations to "pick my brain" as I am a SME in the area of Demand Generation and Business/Sales/Marketing Development. The conversation was amazing as these guys were just normal, grounded, down to earth yet very focused, intelligent leaders. The meeting quickly turned into a recruiting call which on my end wanting to join these men in the specialness they were creating was a no-brainer. Met the following day with the SVP of Sales Operations who is probably one of the smartest people I've ever met. Interview went really well and had follow up calls with a few Sr. Execs. Very impressed with the organization, department leaders and the individual contributors I met with.

Cons

None to note. Forcing me to write 20 words so I guess a con would be I have to write words.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Opportunity to grow this a future billion dollar company!!

Jan 28, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've recently joined the team U.S. and so far it's the best company I've ever worked at. My colleagues are all very intelligent, hard working, approachable and accountable. Our product is by far the best in its space, not just in functionality but also customer feedback. NVM is changing the game in customer experience and helping organizations "serve better and sell more". This was sometimes a struggle at my last company, but this is definitely THE company that is the game changer or What SalesForce was in early 2000s.. The management team is probably the best part. They are open to new ideas and are on the search for only the best in class employees.

Cons

You will get as much out of this company as much work you put into it.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

REAL growth story

Apr 7, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Above market compensation Premium product and well-positioned for development Friendly and helpful team atmosphere A true "Startup" feel (great snacks, camaraderie, great location, outings, etc) Company is flush with massive funding rounds Great visibility (maybe a con for some, but no hiding here) Flexible business practices (the "Get the job done" mindset) Great buzz and energy - company is hitting an inflection point of key milestones (ie a flagship conference, outgrowing an office already in a prime location, etc)

Cons

This only applies to some people - you really get out what you put in. If you want to hide in the weeds, this is not the place for you. There is a lot of dialogue between departments and if you are not comfortable contributing, it will become apparently very quickly that you are deadweight.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 114 Reviews

NewVoiceMedia Reviews FAQs

NewVoiceMedia has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 117 reviews left anonymously by employees. 81% of employees would recommend working at NewVoiceMedia to a friend and 77% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NewVoiceMedia employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NewVoiceMedia. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

81% of NewVoiceMedia employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NewVoiceMedia 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NewVoiceMedia to be management, benefits, career development and the cons to be senior leadership, work life balance, compensation.

Popular Careers with NewVoiceMedia Job Seekers