NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Reviews

Updated February 17, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.1
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital President and Chief Executive Officer Steven J. Corwin, MD
Steven J. Corwin, MD

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Best Hospital to Work at in New York!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Impeccable teamwork on mine and many other units. Cares about your career advancement. VERY generous tuition reimbursement program. Amazing employee feedback tools that they ACTUALLY look at. Great salary. Overall, the culture here is quite superb. Having come from another hospital in the Northwell Health System, I can say this health system offers its employees much more and cares much more about its RNs. 10/10 would recommend!

Cons

The particular building I work in (Weill Cornell Medical Center) is a bit outdated. The technology isn't as up-to-date as it was at my previous hospital. Considering this is New York's #1 Hospital, I expected it to be better. HOWEVER, they are building a new building for my unit across the street that will open in 2020. I am told it will be better than anything that's out there.

Oct 25, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear about your positive experiences thus far with NYP. It is proven that a strong team dynamic certainly goes a long way here. We... More

2. "Clinical Nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Large institution with diverse patient population.

Cons

Multiple management plans of care which may cause confusion regarding anticipated managment

3. "CNA in a hospital setting"

Former Employee - CNA in New York, NY
    Former Employee - CNA in New York, NY

I worked at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful Atmosphere to work in

Cons

Needs more part-time shifts

Advice to Management

None N/A

Feb 6, 2018 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback. We appreciate the important contributions you made during your tenure as a CNA at NYP!

4. "Great experience depending on leadership and department"

Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Supervisor in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits package is extremely competitive. Working for the number 1 hospital in NY definitely pays off in that regard. The college reimbursement program offered by the hospital (at the non-unioninzed campuses) is amazing. The company strongly promotes growth from within so you're constantly seeing turnover of staff (I myself started out as a Frontline staff member). Some departments faster than other but turnover nonetheless. The NYP, as of the time of this review, has 10 campuses so you have many options in terms of location.

Cons

Not every campus is created equal. Some have more overall cheer and are a pleasure to work in and some have processes that are extremely broken, are struggling to stay afloat, and want to take you along for the ride (after the second or so interview it might be worth asking for a tour so you can see the culture and condition of the hospital for your self).

Advice to Management

Across the board I'd say that management needs to be more transparent while still maintaining that boundary of professional.

5. "Friendly coworkers, terrible management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is fabulous, most coworkers are genuine and friendly, benefits are generous, ample opportunity to meet new people every day

Cons

Very political if you want to move up, very disorganized management, treated like a cog instead of a person with goals and interests, allows toxic management that regularly get away with verbally abusing staff

Advice to Management

Get rid of people who verbally abuse their staff. You should have a zero tolerance policy on this.

6. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager-Real Estate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager-Real Estate in New York, NY

Pros

Organization's values promote respect, teamwork, innovation, responsibility, excellence, and empathy. Great compensation and benefits. Nice working environment. Constant update on the organization's progress and future plans from the management.

Cons

Not applicable - the organization is doing great.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the constant communication of the progress the organization is making and the future plans. Please, keep it up.

Feb 6, 2018 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are glad to hear about your positive experiences thus far with NYP. As always, we appreciate your dedication and contributions to the hospital.

7. "Good Company"

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital part-time

Pros

Very safe, and reactive distress program

Cons

Some of the rules are loosely reinforced leading to inconsistency

Advice to Management

Higher younger, recently graduated employees to work with younger population (Nichols, 2N)

8. "Cna"

Pros

Every thing is good thank you

Cons

Nothing is bad thank you

9. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly atmosphere
    Helpful, great people
    Great Benefits
    Pro Active on Projects
    Focus on Great Patient Experience

Cons

Confusing or lack of signs to destinations. It should be redone completely with signs and color codes.

Advice to Management

Continue winning attitude and Focus on being #1!!!!!!

Feb 6, 2018 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you so much for leaving your feedback. We appreciate your important contribution to NYP! As a Manager, your role directly contributes to our continued success and plays a big role in helping us... More

10. "A Finance staffer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great and I mean GREAT Benefits.
    On par salary with the rest of the hospitals.
    Work/life

Cons

Career advancement. It is almost purely based on who you know. A good chunk of the team hired in the last year or two are relatives or has parents who are friends with the senior management.

When a senior was planning to leave, no one in my current team was even told there would be a opening to fill until it was already filled.

Also, depending on the manager and department you get, your skills might NOT be transferable in any other area.

This is a great place if you are working in your final years or even mid career. I sincerely regret starting my career here.

Advice to Management

Promote from within, or at the very least tell us when there's an opportunity. Actually give promotions rather than forcing everyone to apply for new positions in new places every month.