Cover image for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 2,682 of over 3K reviews
4.0
78% Recommend to a Friend
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital President and Chief Executive Officer Steven J. Corwin, MD
83% Approve of CEO

Healthcare

1d

a

Medical Records

I will be taking over a new team in our call center department at my job this upcoming week. I've been with the company a few years now and something I've noticed is NO ONE uses cameras but I've seen tons of people recommend it for teams. I am thinking of making it a requirement for my new team. I was thinking of starting off with once a week and moving into every other day so that it's not too much change at once. It will only be required for meetings. What does everyone think? Do you do this?

9 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Best Hospital to work in NYC

May 29, 2022 - Staff Nurse in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Base salary at the Weill Cornell campus is one of the highest in Manhattan with opportunities to supplement income with education, certifications, and shift differentials. Management is engaged and responsive. Compared to other hospitals I've worked at, I'm very glad I made the switch.

Cons

It's still bedside nursing during a Pandemic. COVID has decimated staffing everywhere and ratios can still be a challenge. Although management deserves credit for actively working to hire more staff and improve day-to-day working conditions.

Continue reading
    6 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Oct 1, 2022 - Director, Operations in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Smart colleagues, supportive workplace, great benefits

Cons

Inflexibility for schedule and work from home

3. Join the NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Good benefits

Nov 28, 2022 - Unit Assistant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Offers good benefits and perks

Cons

Lack of care for employees from management

5. 5.0
    Former Employee

Nice

Nov 28, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, in the hospital

Cons

I was working long hours I should’ve made I’m sure

6. 5.0
    Former Employee

Review

Nov 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Salary, Rewarding, Lunch Break

Cons

The work sometimes is overwhelming.

7. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pediatric RN

Nov 30, 2022 - Pediatric RN in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fair pay, good benefits, nice co-workers

Cons

Extremely understaffed, hospital cares more about money than the patients, limited resources, nurses are not heard or taken seriously

8. 5.0

Depends on the unit

Nov 14, 2022 - Registered Nurse, BSN in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, good pay. Depending on the unit you work in. Great medical staff.

Cons

Big corporation, money driven hospital. Patient safety is not always the number 1 priority

9. 4.0

Pros and cons

Nov 14, 2022 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

You learn a lot, depending on what you make of it. Break is good. Pay is good.

Cons

It’s what you make of it. And what you learn from it.

10. 3.0

Pharmacist

Nov 28, 2022 - Pharmacist in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Difficult for growth and development

11. 3.0

Company Review

Nov 28, 2022 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Known as a prestigious hospital

Cons

Enterprise should focus more on performance instead of loyalty (amount of years someone worked there)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,671 Reviews
</>Embed

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Reviews FAQs

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 2,978 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

78% of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital? Share Your Experiences

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Careers

Cover image for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

About Us NewYork-Presbyterian is a world-class academic medical center, committed to excellence inpatient care, research, education, and...More

• Why NYP?
  • Environment
  • Benefits
  • Nursing

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

595 days ago

NewYork-Presbyterian is honored to be included among Glassdoor's 2021 Employees' Choice Award for Top 100 Best Places to Work. NYP received the highest rating among large healthcare systems - #42 out of 100, with an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 The Employees' Choice Awards program relies solely on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments, and companies. From Hudson Valley through Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn, you can see and feel the mission, vision, and values in action. We treat each other with respect, collaborate closely, and uphold our commitment to “Put Patients First”.
Shared image

1424 days ago

We are proud to announce that NewYork-Presbyterian has won a 2019 Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award for being one of the best places to work. NYP achieved an overall rating of 4.3 stars (out of 5), and ranked 64 among 100 large US employers who received this honor. NYP was the top ranked hospital in New York, and within the top three nationally of the seven hospitals that made the list. The Employees' Choice Awards program, now in its 11th year, relies solely on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments, and companies via http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ3uK. “Our exceptional employees work hard every day to provide world-class care to our patients,” said Dr. Steven J. Corwin, president and CEO of NewYork-Presbyterian. “We are committed to fostering a culture of respect for our employees and our patients, and we are honored to be recognized for these efforts.” http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ3uT
Shared image - NewYork-Presbyterian Named One of the Best Places to Work in 2019 by Glassdoor - NewYork-Presbyterian
glassdoor.com

NYU Langone Health

4.1

3,093 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 2,978 NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital reviews submitted anonymously by NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is right for you.