Newell Rubbermaid Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Atlanta Reviews

Updated March 3, 2017

Atlanta, GA

Pros
  • work/life balance is great, working from home is encouraged in some departments (in 47 reviews)

• Great people to work with and can develop lasting friendships with colleagues (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of communication and no work life balance (in 30 reviews)

• A lot of upper management changes (in 25 reviews)

1. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience to a corporate environment. Good to see the workings of a large organization. Company is moving to a new location which sounds very exciting. Great events for interns to meet each other.

Cons

Takes initiative to meet employees from other segments of the company, which can be difficult for an intern to navigate.

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your internship experience and hope you'll consider us for full-time opportunities!

"A little shaky right now"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have always loved working here. The people and the culture really make the place feel like home. Up until recently, I always felt that directives from "on high," so to speak, were coming from a fair and informed understanding of our resources and capabilities.

Cons

However, within the last few months, myself and my team have been stretched far beyond capacity with no end in sight. And when we're told the "Newell Way" culture is meant to empower employees, but my own teammates are afraid to speak up about their low morale because they're afraid of losing their jobs...it's a little incongruous.

Advice to Management

I know it's a consumer driven business, but you have systematically removed many of the reasons people loved working here. Team building is almost completely gone where it used to be a huge part of our professional life. It seems like the only people Newell is interested in making comfortable, besides the customers, are marketing employees.

Nov 5, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your candid feedback.

"great job"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great People, great passion, great perks.

Cons

Favoritism in call center that drives productivity down.

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism.

Thank you for your review.

"Beware: Good Pay, Resume Builder, Short-sighted, Frantic and Temperamental Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on experience the compensation is above the average. Solid bonus structure. You will get a depth of experience in a specialization. The name plate is a good resume builder and a decent place to start a career if you prefer a routine task based work environment. The on campus amenities of the building such as a gym, café and company store are almost second to none…though I’ve been told this is changing soon.

Cons

Thoughts of working here for the long haul slowly diminished over the past two years. Work life balance became flaky due to expectations of always being available. Get ready to be in the dark. You’ll find yourself often flying blind and will find it challenging to know expectations or find them held back. Planning and decision making is often short-sighted and made on temperament and wants of “the fad of the week” instead of what’s sustainable making an ever increasingly political, formal, micromanaging and tense working environment. The company does advertise a number of perks such as flextime, working from home, conferences, internal learning, mentoring and even a recreational ping-pong table. Realistically, you’ll find a challenge taking advantage of these and even so the action itself an act of courage or when trying to embrace anything that takes you away from your desk.

Advice to Management

Stop the hypocrisy! There’s something to be said for the GGP and the new “I want to work here” culture that’s almost admirable. But at the end of the day within the business units it become just a piece of paper with words when it gets in the way of the status quo and perceived entitlement. Intimidation and scrapping processes of diligence then becomes common to meet fast “I want it now” expectations. Be honest with yourselves with how things are being implemented. One look around and you’ll notice that a lot collaboration has been stifled to where you can hear a pin drop and a lot of benefits/perks are becoming perceived as token.

Thank you for your review.

"Take time to ask questions"

Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Vice President in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great brands. Growing company. Purpose driven culture. Continuously raising the bar on capabilities.

Cons

New CEO doesn't ask enough questions.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

"Sr. Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mid-Level Pay with some nice perks and benefits. You are given full flexibility in your role in Sales. You just have to perform.

Cons

Don't expect any pay increases. In addition, CONSTANT Upper Management changes (and thus priorities) makes this a very chaotic company to work for. If you are not part of a Brand that is the current golden child with upper management, you should expect to have a reduced budget, resources and lack of support Newell has let powerful brands "die on the vine" because they don't put any effort into improving or maintaining certain brands. As such, if you are a Sales Rep or Manager in certain areas (National Accounts), you will be heavily compensated and given lavish rewards and bonuses. If you are not, expect a job of frustration and no support.

Advice to Management

Stop killing promising brands that are "too complex." LISTEN to your sales people about the issues they are having and FIX THEM. S

Dec 3, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your candor.

"HQ Corporate Employee"

Former Employee - Human Resources Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Leader in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great Culture, Benefits, Global Travel

Cons

Over worked staff, expect more with less employees, corporate restructuring, new CEO

Dec 3, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your insight!

"Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Newell Rubbermaid full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, solid brands

Cons

Constant change, low morale, no development

Thanks for sharing!

10. "N/a"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Flexible work schedules , clear direction on skills needed for advancement

Cons

the processes and length to market

Advice to Management

N/a

Dec 3, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your feedback!

11. "Positive Place to Work, eBusiness Department"

Former Contractor - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Newell Rubbermaid as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great headquarters, nice people, world renowned brands. Excellent amenities - open to contractors. Well organized department.

Cons

When I worked here the company was going through monthly layoffs to consolidate operations. The layoffs didn't affect me personally but created an unpredictable environment, leaving employees constantly wondering when and if they might be next.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.