NewsMax Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Chris Ruddy

1. "Web Team Lead"

Former Employee - Web Team Lead in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Web Team Lead in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

Great People to work with

Cons

Poor Project management
    Biz Direction is sometimes not clear

Advice to Management

Get some qualified PMs and integrate Agile methodology.

"Video"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NewsMax Media full-time

Pros

The responsibilities on the TV side are manageable.

Cons

The stress that comes with job is totally not worth it. No growth opportunity unless someone is let go or resigns.

Advice to Management

You have some great employees scattered around. It is unfortunate that their true potential won't be reached.

"Worst Company I Have Ever Seen!"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NewsMax Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide you with a good salary, free snacks, and let you listen to music during work.

Cons

This place is absolutely TOXIC! People constantly quit due to the management style here. The management team is borderline criminal in the way they conduct their business, constantly lying to the customers and expect employees to go along with their dishonesty. You are always in fear of losing your job, no matter what level you are at. No one cares whether you are there or not, but when they feel there is an issue they will punish you in front of your peers and make you feel terrible. The turnover rate is disgusting. And the worst thing is that they will never change, the management is the most stubborn I have ever seen.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, it is not that hard. Management runs around swearing, making fun of people, whistling at women as they walk by.... Just act like a normal office and care about what you do. Instead you ignore your employees and they quit.

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at NewsMax Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This a good company to work for. The pay is good, good benefits, room for advancement, a fun environment with great holiday parties and nice lunches and snacks/drinks at times. Like any company they have their issues but very few compared to the average call center in Florida.If I could go back I definitely would.

Cons

Some of the ladies in management are young and immature so you have to always keep your composure and rise above not allowing their basic ways to get to you because that is the reason you will be laid off/fired.

Advice to Management

Be more understanding of your employees

"lackluster management policies and protocols"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

Good Benefits and Casual Atmosphere with annual reviews for performance.

Cons

Hard working, responsible employees don't necessarily get the attention and kudos they deserve. Instead they are left feeling as if their continued efforts to strive for success and support the company are in vain.

Advice to Management

setup employee career paths so that there can be some sort of a road map for a career. some sort of incentive to the people that actually care about their job and want to perform the best in their role. I guess in short maybe more of an emphasis on retaining the "good" employees that you have.

"Good While It Lasted"

Former Employee - Customer Service QA Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service QA Specialist in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at NewsMax Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has a rather generous benefits package that I enjoyed. All federal holidays and some other select holidays were paid days off. The earned PTO was rather generous as well. The leadership in the customer service department where I worked was creative, eager to develop talent and were very understanding. At times, they could be tough, but they were almost always fair.

Cons

The corporate office would neglect the needs of the department I worked in, customer service. They are trying to evolve their business model, but their attempts have been less than successful, and they don't seem to have a clear road map to get where they want to go.

Advice to Management

Try to expand from your niche customer base if you are insistent on having a churn-based business paradigm.

NewsMax Media Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Chief Operating Officer

Thank you for the advice. We have been working to communicate the road map that is in place, and we have already started programs to expand our customer base.

8. "Good Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at NewsMax Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company offers good salaries and benefits. Colleagues are easy to work with and friendly.

Cons

A lot of change as the company moves into new ventures.

Advice to Management

To be clearer to employees on company plans.

"Just the tip of the iceberg"

Former Employee - Marketer in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Marketer in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at NewsMax Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Beautiful facility, good place to learn about corporate political structures.

Cons

There is no accountability by upper management. Employees are scapegoated by ineffective management. Ruddy built this company to run a specific way. After the layoffs and continued loss of other employees due to the fearful hostile work environment, Ruddy lost his core players and managers. Unfortunately, he had no choice but to promote people who are only interested in keeping a job rather than making sure Newsmax is making the best business choices and strategies for the future. A part of me feels bad for Ruddy because he worked so hard to create the print side of the company structured in a specific way. He is now trying to expand his company into multimedia platforms but has no idea that managers lie to his face, and are running his bread and butter into the ground. I never thought Newsmax would turn into an environment where stating your opinion and concerns would get you on the short list for the next wave of terminations. I feel like I finally have my soul back.

Advice to Management

Covering for other managers does not help the business. Support the team you have Take a look at the Email Team, they are doing it right.

10. "Great environment to show what you can do and have fun doing it."

Former Employee - Business Intelligence Architect in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Business Intelligence Architect in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at NewsMax Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is open to new approaches to solving problems after you prove yourself. I felt that I got credit for the good work I did and that this was appreciated by coworkers and managers. My coworkers were fun to work with and had a great attitude. The new building is a beautiful place to work. There is a lot of interesting work going on there. Probably the best job I have ever had.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that our old office space was too small but we moved into a much better larger space the last month I was there.

Advice to Management

Keep Newsmax a great place to work.

"Broadcast Manager"

Former Employee - Video Production Manager in Lantana, FL
    Former Employee - Video Production Manager in Lantana, FL

I worked at NewsMax Media (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Great pay.

Cons

Lack of management and structure

Advice to Management

Communicate to employees

NewsMax Media Response

Dec 5, 2015 – Chief Operating Officer

Thanks for the feedback on your perception of lack of communication and management. We are changing so quickly, especially in broadcast, that sometimes we have brought in employees before we had the ... More