Newsbank Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Daniel S. Jones

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A company with old-fashioned values thriving in the digital age"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Naples, FL
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Naples, FL

I worked at Newsbank full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A rare find of a company that takes care of its employees.

Cons

Slow decision making, at times, but seems to work for them just fine.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating

Dec 20, 2017 – President

Thank you for your service to NewsBank and for taking the time to share your feedback.

As you experienced, our people are our top priority. We take great pride in our mission to be the BEST for... More

2. "Great small company"

Current Employee - Manager in Chester, VT
    Current Employee - Manager in Chester, VT

I have been working at Newsbank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

NewsBank is a dynamic small company that has continued to successfully evolve in its ever-changing marketplace. I've been with the organization for over 23 years and have had the opportunity to grow personally and professionally.
    - Customer satisfaction is priority number one
    - The company genuinely cares for its employees and offers exceptional support and flexibility for staff
    - Small company that is a strong force in its marketplace despite competing with multi-billion dollar competitors
    - Cares about and is active in the communities that house its different locations

Cons

Like any job, there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done!

Advice to Management

Continue sensible growth with the proven business wisdom we've always employed and trust your staff to get the job done.

Jul 24, 2017 – President

Thank you for your more than 23 years of dedicated service to making NewsBank the BEST for our employees, customers, business partners, and communities.

We care very much about our employees and... More

"Management Level"

I worked at Newsbank full-time

Pros

Good pay and good geographic location in Naples

Cons

Owner is way too involved and slows down every decision so nothing ever gets done, very cheap, be prepared to purchase your own office supplies, executives come and go as they please while the rest of us have to be in the office every day, product is out of date and difficult to sell so work days are frustrating.

Advice to Management

You hire good people with very strong skill sets to do good work so let them take charge and do what they were hired to do instead of micro managing and delaying every decision.

Aug 30, 2017 – President

While at times it may appear we move slowly, our decision-making processes have permitted NewsBank to thrive for more than 45 years—even through the worst economic climate since the Great Depression... More

4. "Account Rep"

I worked at Newsbank full-time

Pros

You get your own office

Cons

The product is obsolete and overpriced. Competition like ancestry and google make selling extremely difficult. Also free sites like familysearch.org have better info.

Jul 19, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We feel it is important to provide each employee the best workspace possible.

As a digital publisher with more than 45 years’ experience in... More

"Great opportunities for Advancement and a Women Friendly Environment"

Current Employee - Vice President in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Vice President in Naples, FL

I have been working at Newsbank full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overall the people are wonderful and many have been with the company a long time. There are multiple opportunities for advancement within the organization. I started in sales and over my 18 year career have had the opportunity to hold several roles with increasing responsibility, ultimately rising to a vice president position. The company invests in employee development and provides coaching and training opportunities at all levels of the organization. Additionally, it is a very women friendly environment. We have several women who are in management and senior management positions. Finally, employees have multiple opportunities to speak regularly with senior management and the president of the company. Not all organizations give employees at all levels the opportunity to speak with the president of the company who is genuinely interested in your thoughts.

Cons

Sometimes it takes us a longer to make decisions.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide an open door policy, invest in your employees and provide opportunities for advancement.

Jun 1, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for your nearly 20 years of dedication and commitment to NewsBank!

We are committed to employee growth and invest in professional... More

6. "Former Employee"

I worked at Newsbank full-time

Pros

The office accommodations are great, you get your own office and are given appropriate privacy/space to excel at your job

Cons

Outdated company, no growth opportunities, incompetent management, dull work environment.

Apr 4, 2017 – President

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, which we have shared with our senior leadership team.

As you mentioned, our goal is to provide an environment in which every NewsBank... More

7. "It was fun"

Pros

Good experience, nice people, they want you to learn

Cons

Slow management decision-making can be frustrating

8. "Not Great"

Pros

Great commission opportunities. Flexible working hours.

Cons

Nobody could make any sales. Outbound calling.

9. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Account Sales Representative in Naples, FL

Pros

you get an office and the people are friendly

Cons

If you are looking to advance through the company you are wasting your time. They do not hire within and if you are in sale you are stuck in sales. Price approvals and any kind of approvals take so long that you will lose deal because of this. They do not invest in their employees and they are more focused on call numbers and minutes than actual growth

Advice to Management

Completely restructure your management style. Focus on closing business more than making dials and getting minutes. Promote from within. Completely redesign the training program. Focus on employee incentives for sales force. If a rep reaches their goal, give them something. This motivates people. More people are going to leave

10. "Employee growth a priority"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

I have been working at Newsbank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

NewsBank values its employees and seeks to promote talented individuals. There are ample opportunities to carve your own niche in the business, especially when you demonstrate impact on the bottom line. Management provides professional development opportunities and is invested in employees' growth.

Cons

Cautious decision making can put projects on hold. You need to be comfortable with ambiguity and a self-starter willing to forge your own path with loose guidelines.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on employee development. Set clear guidelines and expectations.