Nexeo Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
David Bradley

Pros
  • great management, great co workers (in 6 reviews)

• Good benefits, 401k, good people (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper Management has no clue how to treat employees (in 18 reviews)

• The work/life balance was awful for some (in 9 reviews)

1. "Product Management"

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in The Woodlands, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good company to work for

Cons

New to being a public company

2. "A Nice Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Customer Solutions Representative in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions Representative in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits
    Good Pay
    Desk is pretty large

Cons

There seems to be more and more work piled onto the Customer Service plate.

3. "Small and New Company-be patient"

Current Employee - CsrII in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - CsrII in Dublin, OH

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The workload is sometimes heavy but the pay and benefits are comparable. The company is under 6 years old so there are some kinks being worked out but managements is focused on morale and work/life balance. There are many events to raise morale and increase work happiness. Managers are protective and always willing to help you out.

Cons

Advancement is limited in Ohio. You can do some lateral moves to gain experience.

Advice to Management

Listen to the ones who interact daily with the customers.

"Customer Focused, Employees forgotten"

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice HQ location. Opportunities to improve and impact are plentiful.

Cons

No employee focus. 'Great places to work' program completely to 'check the box'. Matching gift program only up to max $10k for the company? Really? New 'No vacation policy just take off when you need to but be reachable' rolled out like it was a boon for employees? Really?

Advice to Management

How many management 101 books does it take before they realize 'happy employees' make for 'happy customers? ' How much turnover does it take before you do something?

"Bad choice of employement."

Former Employee - Supervisor in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Nexeo Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

None. Work to death.

Cons

The manager is a bully.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat good employees.

"Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good hard working people. Company want employees to succeed

Cons

Heavy in top line management

"Director"

I have been working at Nexeo Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New start up with a lot of room for improvement. Creative ways to solve problems. Hands on experience

Cons

Unstructured environment with a lot of resilience for change given the chaotic environment that has become part of the culture

Advice to Management

Support and develop a culture of growth and change

"BEWARE and stay where you are"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dublin, OH

I worked at Nexeo Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very little that I can think of.The pay was good.

Cons

I only took the job at Nexeo because the company I worked for previously moved out of the area.
    I exceeded expectations with my previous employers and was confident I would do the same at Nexeo.I had years years of customer service experience under my belt so I thought it would be a smooth transition.It turned out that all my experience could not overcome the ridiculous workload and unreal complications of this company.
    To start with,the training was rushed and incomplete.Some of the responsibilities expected had nothing to do with customer service and had everything to do with overloading to save a buck.Everyone i talked to there knew this and if the job market improves,will leave this company in a heatbeat.
    The leads were overwhelmed to the point where some were coming in very early just to get most of their work done.Therefore the rest of the overwhelmed team could not get the proper help and training.I was actually yelled at for asking a simple question I had not been trained on.I and others were chastized for not typing e mails properly ( with no training) to others in the organization.Very non professional compared to the other places i have worked before.That's what you get with an overstressed workforce but this company seems not to care.They want to grow the business significantly while adding even more responsibilities to an a ridiculously overwhelmed but do not want to properly staff which will come back to bite them.
    The work/life balance was awful for some.The process just to complete an order dragged on for days and sometimes weeks which left customers and sales angry.I have never experienced anything like this and was very often confused and frustrated which lead to my departure.
    I regret ever working for this company.I take great pride in my work and this place was way to understaffed to be successful IMO.

Advice to Management

Hire some help on the front lines and take responsibilities off customer service that they have no business doing.I honestly do not see this company succeeding in the long run.

"Nexeo"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

I worked at Nexeo Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Great training and management team

Cons

Logistics and communications between departments is too complex

"For those thinking of working for Nexeo Solutions..."

Former Employee - Inside Sales Customer Associate in Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Customer Associate in Dublin, OH

I worked at Nexeo Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The one, and only pro about Nexeo Solutions was that they provided a place to work after my previous employer of 5 years moved its operations out of the state.

Cons

Where to start?

I started with this company in November of 2016. As of my end date in February of 2017, I still had not been fully trained. The word to all new hires was that we would be trained, and we would be trained right. One month into my employment, I was handling a full desk of customers, working from a phone queue, and being held responsible for all work I completed. After communicating my desire to have my training completed, on multiple occasions, I was only brushed off by the supervisor, and asked to take on more responsibilities, of which I hadn't been trained to do.

When accepting the position in customer service, I was told that Inside Sales Customer Service was to assist the sales team, and no selling was required for the customer service role. This changed a month into employment, where the supervisor advised the team that upselling would be mandatory, and would be part of your quarterly review. With this threat, I managed to upsell, only after 2 months with the company, without training, and was not given credit for the upsell.

Upper management is rude, disrespectful, and is not held accountable for how they treat their teams.

The Inside Sales Customer Service team is a beginning point for most new hires. In my experience, those already on the team were ready to leave the team, and those who were starting could see why the current employees wanted out. The lead for the team was no help. They were never at their desk, and when they were, they became irritated when you asked them for help. The supervisor for Inside Sales was with the company for many years, for several other departments, but you understood quickly why they had never been a supervisor for customer service. Their patience was short. They would not listen to their team. And, they would not let their team's ideas and suggestions be heard. The worst part about this supervisor is that they would not back their team up when mistakes were made. They would let other supervisors demean and scold them, making them feel like nothing was ever good enough. This is no way to create a growing, happy, and profitable team.

Advice to Management

Upper management, and the leaders of the company, as a whole, need training on how to treat their team members, so that happy and productive people are coming to work. The current vibe, from customer service, to planning, to credit, to even EH&S, is "get out while you can", and that is how a company folds from the inside.