Next Step Living Canvasser Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2016

2.6
Next Step Living CEO Chris Catalano
Chris Catalano

"Great company, easy task, somewhat deceiving"

Canvasser in New Haven, CT

I worked at Next Step Living

Pros

I was hired by the CT branch head, he was excellent. Extremely understanding and knowledgable person. My field boss was really great. Although we both had the same tasks of canvassing to schedule appointments, he was not competitive and extremely helpful. Good pay, good hours and very flexible.

Cons

Not many cons, liked my bosses, liked my coworkers. Some competition between the other canvassers but thats expected. Only thing that I didn't like was how much they lead you to believe you will make with commission. The job pays 12.50 an hour which great and 135 for every appointment you set up after the appointment has happened. It is not a 'sales' job per say but it sure feels like one, knocking on doors and pitching to people. I myself was scheduling 2-4 appointments everyday I worked and my first month there after scheduling almost 40 only 5 people went through with the appointments. Good job, good pay but don't expect to be making a thousand dollars a week like I did and like they make you think. BUT, still a great opportunity

Advice to Management

Be more honest and fourth coming about how often people will not go through with appointments. It is pitched as a commission based job but really becomes an hourly.

Next Step Living2015-02-17
  2. "Great Ideas, Sinking Ship"

Canvasser in Boston, MA

I worked at Next Step Living for more than a year

Pros

Fun community, upbeat, community driven, bringing enviromental awareness to the residents of MA

Cons

Mid-management crisis. Chaotic and disorganized.

Advice to Management

Grew too fast, higher less people and give proper training. Don't give people a raise based on favoritism

Next Step Living2016-08-02

"Financially Unstable Company"

Former Employee - Canvasser in New York, NY

I worked at Next Step Living full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sometimes the supervisors paid for lunch. Coworkers were easy to get along with. The management was supportive.

Cons

Worked as a canvasser in NYC and was paid $15/hr. + comission. Making the commission was hard and the people who met or exceeded the goal seemed to lie to the homeowners. There was no work life balance the hours were from 12-8pm. We had to work in the rain and very cold weather. This is not a winter job. This job would make sense during the warm months. If you are really good you can potentially make $40,000- $45,000/yr. Overall, not a sustainable living. The company shut down the NYC office after only 1.5 months due to financial instability and poor decision making from the company's executives.. The job was a waste of my time I could have used that time to go on interviews with stable companies.

Advice to Management

Conduct yourselves in a more professional manner. There were days when we didn't work and the manager didn't even know about it. Less cursing and nose picking.

Next Step Living2016-01-27