NextEra Energy, Inc. Network Engineer Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
NextEra Energy, Inc. President & CEO James L. Robo
James L. Robo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work/life balance actually means something to the managers here (in 22 reviews)

• The company has a good benefits and 401k program (in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance can be a challenge depending on the business unit (in 38 reviews)

• Some departments have no work life balance and you work really long hours (in 22 reviews)

1. "Very good compnay"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Miami, FL

Pros

good work enviornment, very good salary. and very well versed and technical people

Cons

To be honest there are not many cons of working at this company i love to work for them and im very motivated to keep my job

2. "A very responsible company"

Current Employee - Network Engineer
    Current Employee - Network Engineer

I have been working at NextEra Energy, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good job security. The company changed it's name to Nextera Energy and it is a very diverse company. It is mostly broken down to Florida Power and Light, which is the regulated Florida division and Nextera Energy Resources which is unregulated power companies outside of Florida. Because of this, it seem to keep us on an even keel. The company has been very fair with me as far as benefits and pay. I started out on a lower scale after being laid off after the telecom bubble burts and took a huge pay cut. It took me 7 years to get back to what I was making, but on the other hand, when my wife had health issues and I needed to be closer to family, the company allowed me to relocate which was a god send. I work with some of the best people in the business and they are very fair about recognizing the people that make a difference vs. the personnel that don't, at least in my department. I plan to retire with this company.

Cons

Like all companies these days, Nextera tries to get the most out of its salaried employees and it is not unusual to work lots of overtime with no compensation other than your yearly bonus. Vacation consists of only two weeks to start with two floating holidays and 8 scheduled holiday days off. Our health insurance is on the expensive side and is Cigna which is not my first choice, but I am glad to have something.

Advice to Management

I just hope we keep going down the road and keep the company so diversified. I have noticed recently they we are questioning the cost of things more than previously. Although it seem very responsible and I like that we watch our costs, it seem strange that it comes directly from Upper Management rather than further down the food chain. The one thing that intrigues me about Lew Hay is how in the last 10 years, Nextera is more diversified and we are always looking at new ways to bring in revenue and maintain a good face to the world. I hope that Jim Robo continues to take us down the same road.