NextGen Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

NextGen Healthcare President and CEO Rusty Frantz
Rusty Frantz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • little recognition among the company from upper management/VP's (in 21 reviews)

• A lot of overpaid long term employees (in 7 reviews)

"Looking forward to the future"

Current Employee - Account Management in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Account Management in Irvine, CA

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to develop skill set; engage with clients. Teams are supportive and allow for flexibility after building trust.

Cons

We're beginning to work better together and collaborate more. I look forward to more direction from my supervisor.

Advice to Management

We can't wait for the next phase of growth!

"Consultant"

I worked at NextGen Healthcare full-time

Pros

Fun atmosphere, Growth potential, Great Teamwork

Cons

Excessive travel, Staff turnover, not the same company it used to be

"Quality Assurance - Transcription"

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time

Pros

Work from home is really all I can think of. My supervisor is a great supervisor.

Cons

The pay is horrible. Minimum wage is going up to $15.00 an hour soon and I had to go to school to learn what I do and make poverty wages living in California. No raises, bonuses, holiday bonus, favoritism in my department, no room for growth and advancement, no retirement package so I will be looking for a company that actually provides this as I will be retiring in 15 years. Medical insurance is decent for an individual but I cannot afford it pay for my family. Supervisors show favoritism and the Quality Analyst for transcription/QA is rude and condescending. People have power trips.

Advice to Management

Offer a retirement package for people who work for you, give holiday bonuses and pay better hourly wages and QA in your transcription department. Minimum wage is going up to $15.00 an hour here soon and we make close to that right now. It's insulting. Poverty wages for people who have an education and went to school to do what we do.

"Implementation & Training"

Current Employee - Implementation
    Current Employee - Implementation

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Decent pay, benefits, and holidays/pto

Cons

Absolutely ZERO chance of upward mobility internally, especially in I&T. You can be a rockstar in your dept. and you'll never be offered any additional career opportunities for advancement even though they started a "career ambitions" initiative last year. No improvements have been made.

Advice to Management

Understand that more top end administration is not the answer to improving this company. Bringing in new blood from those that have been out on the front lines to leadership positions, that's the only way things are going to improve for the better. And stop spreading integral departments paper thin.

"Implementation Manager"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good people, good benefits, and overall a new transition through the company to collaborate and break down silos in order to create "one combined company culture"

Cons

I have been here over 10 years and it has changed a lot over time. The company went from spoiling us with company cruises, nice employee gifts and holiday parties to nothing. However, I understand the business reasons for all this with market saturation and profit retention......but it is a "remember when" kind of scenario.

"Sr client manager"

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time

Pros

There is a great company culture

Cons

Additional training in the first couple weeks

Advice to Management

I would like a more robust training that takes place in the first two weeks of employment. Additional days off

"Not a collaborative environment. Your voice will not be heard."

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time

Pros

Team comraderie is relatively good at this company. They provide industry education and it’s great to feel a part of the future of healthcare.

Cons

Many seem to manage up. Managers rarely care about the individuals they manage. Don’t expect to grow professionally. Employees rarely feel heard. Talent is not utilized. This is NOT a collaborative environment. Their culture is behind the times.

"Sales"

I worked at NextGen Healthcare full-time

Pros

Can make good money. Great practice management. Good sales process.

Cons

EHR still needs some work. Overall positive experience working here.

"Poor Management"

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Competitive pay & Location

Cons

The St. Louis office lacks professionalism all the way around. Managers and supervisors do not communicate effectively. They hire and promote their friends so employees working hard or expecting a promotion based on work ethic and performance can forget it! Co-workers are not friendly. CEO speaks of change yet the little men have yet to see this change or have any hope for how the change will make it better.

Advice to Management

Train your management staff with leadership and communication skills. Create a system of checks and balances to ensure protocol ans procedures are followed.

"Implementation Specialist"

Pros

Our customizable software and talented employees. Great potential awaits to be unleashed!! We need only to be discovered and utilized to our fullest.

Cons

Company Leadership. Leadership is so focused on buying companies and hiring VP’s that it is neglecting the potential of our software and its people. Talent is waiting to be utilized but Our “Leadership” would rather buy that which it already has and punish those who have given so much by cutting incentives.

Advice to Management

Quit. NextGen needs a new focus.