NextGen Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

NextGen Healthcare Reviews

Updated Jan 15, 2020

NextGen Healthcare President and CEO Rusty Frantz
Rusty Frantz
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at NextGen Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people, nice ability to learn, good salary

Cons

Company management changing constantly, rely on outsourcing

NextGen Healthcare2019-09-30

"Great company culture, flexible and positive work environment!"

Former Employee - N/A in Horsham, PA

I worked at NextGen Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ongoing training and professional development opportunities; high level of opportunities for promotions from within the company.

Cons

Frequent restructuring, management turnover, departmental reorganization efforts often resulted in managers being reassigned to lead a team of direct reports, Most of which were previously hired by and offered a position to work directly for a different manager. Often resulting in incompatible manager/team member personalities or seemingly forced relationships.

Advice to Management

Great work being open to employee input, specifically with regard to internal process improvement efforts, communication efforts and so forth.

NextGen Healthcare2019-08-24

"Great Company with Great People Doing Meaningful Work"

Current Employee - Manager in Horsham, PA

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I work with some of the best people I have ever worked with in my 19 years in this healthcare tech industry. I love the personal work I do and I am able to do it a good amount of freedom, flexibility and support from my manager. Our work is meaningful and fulfilling and I can tell we are impacting provider services leading to improved patient care and outcomes. That's why I'm here and that I am in this area.

Cons

Communication down levels is still lacking and an issue. Lot of change here which I am personal fine with but honestly the legacy people struggle with it--either they don't accept/agree with it, are unwilling to change, lack understanding why we need to change and evolve. In some cases I think it holds us back in certain places/departments/teams.

Advice to Management

Improve overall communications from top down, make sure everybody has a good idea or sense of what is happening across the company and why. Even improve day-to-day communications. This includes strategies, decisions, the whys and hows. Continue the transparency, I think that is important and a big new change for us. Also improve change management processes, provide education, training, etc. on change. Remove the silos--they are still there. These are all fixable for sure, seen this at prior companies and they were able to address them and we can too.

NextGen Healthcare2019-08-06
  4. "Company with a Worthy Cause"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovate software that is truly advancing the experience of healthcare for both patients and providers. Financially healthy. Strong commitment to the customer. Pleasant working conditions. Opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in my career. Bonus ... no egos.

Cons

None from my POV. We all have the choice to grouse or be grateful. I choose the latter.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the right things. The company's heading in the right direction. Clients are much happier. The employees I interact with are very happy. Shareholders believe in us. NextGen is a success story I'm proud to be part of.

NextGen Healthcare2019-07-02

"Population Health was a great department to work for!"

Former Employee - Senior AWS Cloud Engineer in Fairport, NY

I worked at NextGen Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

The Coffee machine was amazing! Seriously, I drank several cups a day... Everyone was kind and hard working. All of the technology we utilized was cutting edge. I was able to keep at the forefront of AWS's offerings. Healthcare and monetary compensation was good. They have a very cool promotion structure that allows anyone in any position to work towards goals and a promotion. Often it's difficult for people who want to stay technical to get past certain titles but NextGen really puts value on the folks doing the work as well as the leaders.

Cons

I think they need to look at the vacation time for employees that are not remote. Its not bad but could be improved.

Advice to Management

The team I worked for (Population Health) just needs to keep doing what they are doing. A great vision from folks the genuinely care about their employees and the success of the department / organization.

NextGen Healthcare2019-05-29
  6. "Great People"

Current Employee - Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time

Pros

People are nice and supportive here, which makes going to work something to look forward to. The workload is a lot, but challenging.

Cons

More work/life balance is my suggestion.

NextGen Healthcare2019-05-21
  7. "No comment"

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time for less than a year

Pros

easy to learn friendly environment

Cons

a lot to learn can be overwhelming if you are not willing to learn

NextGen Healthcare2019-05-07
  8. "Great Company"

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare part-time

Pros

If you want to go into Tax, this internship is great for you. You have the opportunity to convert to full time given you click with the team and do your job well. Love the Tax department here. Everyone is so nice and caring.

Cons

You will get work that is very redundant and boring sometimes...

NextGen Healthcare2019-03-04

"Excellent Opportunity for the Right Person"

Current Employee - Copywriter in North Wales, PA

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting work, open and friendly environment, good pay, great opportunity to learn, the individual employee counts here

Cons

The marketing department is finding its direction, but this creates opportunities for the individual to make meaningful contributions

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing -- but help create a voice for the hands-on working employees; create opportunities for employees to learn and grow

NextGen Healthcare2018-12-06

"Getting Better, Renewed Focus (Find your own opportunities for advancement)"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at NextGen Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very strong and renewed focus on clients that past few years with new executive team. There now seems to be some advancement opportunity for individuals with a strong work ethic and skills that are transferable to alternate departments that are experiencing growth if yours is not. Be willing to take a leap into another dept. as well as initiating the search for opportunities yourself. Do not rely on your management to find the growth opportunity for you.

Cons

One criticism that I can say that I have is that low level managers seem to be stretched thin while the executive team, including directors, vps, etc. continues to be bolstered. I believe it would be beneficial to add an assistant manager level position in some departments to help even out the workload for management and to balance out the contact with employees.

Advice to Management

Please continue to accept criticism and advice from employees on the front lines, speaking to and advising clients each day. Simplify the IDP (individual development plans) and provide a more consistent way for those at the company to pull themselves up through the ranks without being held back by department.

NextGen Healthcare2018-09-28