KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Nextiva Employee Reviews about "free food"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nextiva and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "free food"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Best Large Company I’ve Ever Worked For

Aug 17, 2019 - Video Producer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay Generous Benefits Lots of weekly activities and free food Fun and casual, but professional workplace Schedule Flexibility

Cons

Noisy work environment Parking 401k Plan (it’s average)

16 people found this review helpful

People Team

Thanks for taking time to share your experience at Nextiva! We're happy to hear you value our compensation, benefits, perks, and flexibility. Even though we have over 1,000 team members and thousands of customers, we still view ourselves as a startup and strive to carry that growth mentality into everything we do. Thank you for your feedback about the work environment, parking, and 401(k) plan - every review helps us to improve our employee experience, and we take these comments to heart.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great learning environment, rewarded when you step up!

Mar 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learnt so much in my time at Nextiva, and I felt like they were really good at recognizing effort and results. I was in the sales team, it was my first role in sales, and I found the training and support good. If I asked my manager for advice, I found them very forthcoming. I worked hard, and did well, and I liked that I was rewarded for this and recognized. Sales requires a lot of effort and chasing, and it's nice when it gets recognized. I also thought they were good at trying to keep morale high, you can always find free food, and they were good at approving leave if you had it available

Cons

When I started, there were a lot of new recruits, and some weren't up to speed and didn't last very long. It would have been good if the company weeded out under performers in the interview stages, as it doesn't help morale working with someone that's not putting in the effort.

62 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear that you were able to learn so much during your career at Nextiva and that your time here helped set you up for continued success. We're proud of our training and we are always making improvements to both training and hiring practices so that our new team members can hit the ground running and benefit the team around them. If you have any further feedback, please email hr@nextiva.com.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots happening, an awesome time to be part of Nextiva

Feb 27, 2019 - Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really bought into the company values, and goals when I was at Nextiva. I felt Tomas had a really clear picture of what the company was trying to achieve, and (for the first time) I saw that trickle down and drive what we were all doing in our day to day. It didn't just feel like lip service or empty words. The perks were really good, it's not much, but free food really makes my life less hassle, and I really enjoyed all the company events. Things moved really quickly, and it kept me interested. At Nextiva, our team was turning things around much faster than I ever thought possible, we had a great culture and thrived on getting things done.

Cons

A good thing about working here is that everyone’s opinions are sought after and considered - great for feeling included, bad for making decisions quickly as often a lot of good options and hard to determine the best path.

50 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for thoughtful review. We're proud to see that employees share such enthusiasm for our vision and commitment to Amazing customer service. If you have any other comments or additional feedback please feel free to email us at hr@nextiva.com.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Nextiva is the best employer in Phoenix. Period.

Aug 16, 2019 - Marketing in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nextiva is the best employer in Phoenix. Period. The best part about working at Nextiva is not the limitless supply of free food, snacks, and coffee. It's not the affordable health care plans, or the modern equipment available on your first day. It's not the high-growth environment, or the fact the company hasn't accepted any outside funding. It's not the intelligent people I work with who candidly share their knowledge and perspective. It's not the events and activities to give back to our local community, either. It's all of the above. The leadership is the best asset of Nextiva. The management team trusts employees to perform while also challenging them to grow. I've worked at a variety of employers throughout the valley, and no one compares to Nextiva. Hands down, Nextiva is the best employer in Phoenix. The company provides decent compensation, cohesive company culture, stellar benefits, and superb leadership. It doesn't get any better than this. Bring your best ideas, tenacity, and get shhh done. If all this sounds amazing to you, then join #TeamNextiva. We're ready for you.

Cons

With a company that is busting at the seams with top talent, the only negative is the parking situation. Let's be honest. A full parking lot means Nextiva is an admired employer. Would you want to work for someone just for a decent parking spot? Heck no.

32 people found this review helpful

People Team

We're happy to hear that your experience at Nextiva has been such a positive one! It's amazing that you recognize the abundant aspects of our amazing company culture, and we're grateful that you love working here so much that you welcome others to join us. Thank you for being a part of Team Nextiva. We appreciate your feedback about communication and goals, and we're always striving to be better in these areas.

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Lot of favoritism

Jan 20, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food, interesting networking events

Cons

-Favoritism, shady managers, super old equipment to work with

3 people found this review helpful

People Team

Hi there, thanks for sharing your feedback. We appreciate your candidness and while we know every experience is unique, we actively work to create a positive environment for all of our team members. We'd like to know more about your specific experience - please feel free to email us at people@nextiva.com.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

I Was Catfished

Jun 10, 2020 - Cloud Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food every Friday and okay benefits.

Cons

The title explains it. I was catfished by this company by believing that this is a great company to work for. Where do I begin? I applied for this job, because I seriously thought this was a legit honest company. However, after a few weeks of working here, I noticed there was something off about this company (e.g. lack of communication, high turnover, and the lack of training). After a few weeks of dealing with the dishonesty and lack of transparency, I decided to walk away. I seriously regret even stepping foot in this company.

8 people found this review helpful

People Team

We're disappointed to hear that your experience at Nextiva was not to your liking. We strive to be a company of integrity and transparency and continue to improve our capabilities as we evolve. We would be very interested to hear your specific concerns if you are willing to share them. Please reach out to us at People@Nextiva.com.

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good atmosphere

Feb 26, 2019 - Support Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone at Nextiva seems super busy and driven, but still somehow quite chilled out. It was a really nice vibe to be working in. Lots of little perks; free food, some cool team building things, it was fun. quite different to other places I'd worked in.

Cons

I took a pay cut to come to Nextiva, as I heard it was growing and I wanted to expand my experience base.

53 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that you found the environment quite positive. We do our best to offer a valuable compensation package beyond the base salary. We thank you for being patient and growing alongside us during your employment with us. If you have any additional feedback, please feel free to email hr@nextiva.com.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Sinking Ship

Jun 12, 2020 - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, free food weekly. Great schedule flexibility so you can have a work / life balance.

Cons

Low pay, constantly changing comp plan, incompetent leadership, no support from upper management. Kind of ridiculous to hire new people after you lay off a bunch of them. The sales leadership inspires zero confidence that they will do the right thing. The company is a sinking ship.

7 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Former Employee

High turn over inside sales.

Feb 22, 2020 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food Friday’s and free breakfast Monday’s

Cons

Can’t work from home not way to take extra days off during first 90 days

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0

They take care of you

Mar 16, 2019 - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free food Mondays/Fridays sometimes more than that. Everyone is helpful when you need the help, and everyone wants you to succeed.

Cons

Work life balance can be a bit difficult, it's really important to concentrate on the work at hand

45 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for thoughtful review. We're happy to hear that you enjoy your office perks and that your team has been helpful. We appreciate your feedback about work/life balance and want you to know that we truly encourage a healthy balance and appreciate all of your hard work. If you have additional feedback, please email hr@nextiva.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 30 Reviews