Nextiva Employee Reviews about "nextiva"

Updated Nov 30, 2021

57 Comments

Tech

207.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Nextiva~483424
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "They give employees low pay but pay celebrities to do 'motivational' videos rather than giving employees a bonus.(in 19 reviews)
  • "They have unrealistic production expectations with very little support, poor management.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Hiring HR agent promises 2x company growth to 150 agents and that the current account executives make so much money they don't want to get promoted so they need people who are willing to grow with the company.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Most other companies I’ve interviewed with move faster and offer better communication about where things stand.(in 7 reviews)
  • "No work life balance, processes are not well written, no departments take ownership so everything falls on Client Success(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nextiva and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "nextiva"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Integrity is Priceless

Aug 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are treated like family. This company goes well beyond what any company would ever do to take care of their employees. It starts with the executive leadership team. They are truly world-class.

Cons

Nextiva continues to change to meet the demands and needs of our clients and partners. Flourishing in a fast paced environment will be a requirement!

32 people found this review helpful

Nextiva Response

Thank you for the positive review. We're happy to hear you enjoy Nextiva's amazing culture - it really does start with our executive leaders! We also appreciate your feedback on continuing to flourishing in a fast paced environment. We're proud of our growth and thank you for being a part of it!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

fast paced, fun, and awesome leaders!

Aug 29, 2019 - Business Development Representative in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

It's easy to work for a company with "good" leaders, but at Nextiva they really do care. If they see you fall down you have multiple hands outstretched to pick you back up. I've been at Nextiva just shy of a full year and I can genuinely say I've learned more than I ever thought possible. Aside from selling an amazing product I've learned that no person is too small to make a difference. Each idea is taken into consideration no matter your title. I find that to be extremely special. Working in a sales role, of course, is naturally fast-paced but they keep it fun. Constantly giving opportunities for prizes, games, and food galore. I'd recommend Nextiva's product any day of the week, but I'm a true advocate of our Amazing Culture.

Cons

In the almost full year I've bee at Nextiva, the biggest con I'd have to say is the line for lunch every Friday. BEWARE of the foodies.

84 people found this review helpful

People Team

Thank you for the thoughtful review. We're proud to have created a supportive environment in which our team is able to learn, grow, and expand their careers - and as you said, everyone has the opportunity to make a difference. We're incredibly honored to hear that your experience at Nextiva has been such a positive one.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

STAY AWAY!

Nov 24, 2021 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked with some very smart, experienced, kind, respectful people on my teams and those with whom I collaborated. But all this was overshadowed by poor leadership, constantly changing goals/scope, little regard for the well-being of employees. I looked at Glassdoor before I joined and saw all the 1 stars but then I saw all the 4 and 5 stars. So I figured I'd be hopeful that it would be a mix of both good and bad. I never met one employee who would give Nextiva anywhere near 4 or 5 stars.

Cons

Toxic, dysfunctional leadership. They hire good people then distrust them, micromanage them, gaslight them and manage through negative reinforcement. They seem to have missed the memo (and general IT industry understanding) on how to motivate, inspire, support and build strong teams. Don't trust your compensation package when it comes to bonus and/or grants - they don't honor and there is no communication or explanation or review. UX runs product when it should be the other way around. And, for the most part, UX has no real-world experience re: what they are doing. Leadership's response to high turnover "Nextiva isn't for everyone" - when they should be taking responsibility for creating the environment that good employees want to leave.

9 people found this review helpful

Nextiva Response

Thank you for your feedback. At Nextiva, our leadership team works hard to make sure our employees are treated well and can grow along with the company. In a recent survey powered by Glint, our engagement index ranked us in the top 10% of global companies within their database. Over the past year, we’ve done a great deal of work to improve our compensation packages and honor these payouts when terms are met. If you would like to provide any additional feedback, please email the People Team at people@nextiva.com.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great team environment, easy to learn platform

Feb 2, 2019 - Staff Software Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best part about working at Nextiva is the amazing software development team, they have a solution for everything, and they all work together so well. I am happy to be a part of such a great group. It was a well-developed onboarding and really made it easy to settle in. Nextiva obviously have a lot of experience in hiring and training up new people!

Cons

Because Nextiva was only my second job out of school I can’t say I have a lot of experience with giving this kind of feedback. In my case I can’t think of any cons to working here.

109 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are incredibly proud of how well everyone collaborates and supports each other. We appreciate your feedback about our onboarding as we're always looking to provide an excellent experience for every new employee. If you have any additional comments or concerns, we encourage you to email us at hr@nextiva.com.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Really relevant technology

Jul 14, 2020 - Other in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is only going to be more demand from technology like what Nextiva has and is creating so it’s awesome to be able to work for a company that’s growing and on the cutting edge of a fast-moving industry.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Nextiva is the performance review process - it’s really full on and quite stressful to me.

41 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director, Talent Acquisition and Development

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you are happy in your role at Nextiva. You will be happy to know that we are soon going to be rolling out a new Performance Management process that will promote a culture of continuous feedback and development instead of process with a once a year evaluation. Please let us know your feedback when it is rolled out by sending us a note at People@Nextiva.com

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Good Potential

Jun 27, 2021 - Mid-Level Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Market timing and state of UCaaS market is right for Nextiva to make a surge. Good foundation in their core UCaaS products. They are improving their benefits (recently added unlimited PTO, etc). They are starting to finally transition into a tech company mindset and culture. New leaders coming in who know what they are doing and have done it before. There is a lot of potential for Nextiva to take command of the global UCaaS and CCaaS market.

Cons

NextOS product has potential, but can’t seem to get it right. Always has bugs. Poor communication between product and sales. Company tries to throw bodies at problems to mask products issues. The leadership group who has been there a while aren’t good people leaders. Command and control mentality and “I am more important than you” mindset. Fear management style. The new leaders coming in understand how to lead people Much better toward business results. There is a divide building between the older Nextiva crew and the new people coming in.

6 people found this review helpful

Nextiva Response

Hello, thanks for the review. We’re glad to hear you enjoy the company benefits and work/life balance Nextiva has to offer. We recognize that communications is an overall opportunity and have recently invested in additional resources to improve and create a greater sense of inclusion and transparency. We've also shared these comments with our leadership team and invite you to share any additional feedback by emailing people@nextiva.com.

7. 5.0

Good work-life balance

Mar 5, 2020 - Other in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a working mom it’s important to me to work for a business that values balance so I can pursue my career and have a life outside of that. I can do that at Nextiva.

Cons

Nextiva hasn’t got a very formal process for performance reviews. They’re irregular.

42 people found this review helpful

People Team

We are so happy that your experience at Nextiva brings you a sense of life balance. We strive to provide our employees with the necessary time to have full lives beyond the workplace. Thank you for your inputs around Performance Management. We are aware that our Performance Management process has opportunities to improve and are currently looking at ways to do so within the next few months. We hope to provide employees with a more dynamic and progressive way to set goals and manage performance in a positive and productive way in the near future.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Choas

Nov 30, 2021 - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay has come up a bit to finally meet industry averages.

Cons

In my time at Nextiva I would label it absolute chaos. No support, toxic work environment. No feelings of stability.

3 people found this review helpful

Nextiva Response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We want our employees to feel well compensated and strive to keep our compensation packages up to industry standards, so we’re glad you see this as a pro! As we continue to grow, we’re learning where we have opportunities to improve and aspire to create a culture where everyone feels motivated and empowered. If you'd like to provide additional feedback, please reach out to the People team at people@nextiva.com.

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Learnd a lot about customer service and customer centric design at Nextiva

Feb 25, 2019 - Customer Service in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I was at Nextiva it had a really great atmosphere. I was an early employee there, hired during it's big hiring campaign when it first started experiencing a lot of growth. It was really different to my old workplace, and the main thing that stood out to me was customer service. There were some really genuine people in their customer support team, that made the customers life easier, and my life easier too. It was refreshing to work alongside them, and I learnt a lot about customer centric design and responding to customer’s needs. It was really challenging, but quite satisfying.

Cons

Nextiva really aimed high in what it was trying to deliver, but I didn't like that we would have giant launches planned, announced, etc. and then occasionally come in late. I hated coming in late, but I guess when you are trying to be as ambitious as Nextiva is that will happen sometimes.

84 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for being an advocate of our customer-centric culture and for recognizing that people here work hard and support each other, too. We don't shy away from big goals and company growth, so thanks for mentioning that. If you have any additional comments or suggestions, please feel free to email hr@nextiva.com.

10. 1.0

Cluster

Apr 1, 2021 - Tier II Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

They will hire anyone that will do anything for work.

Cons

Sales managers are unprofessional. Calls get transferred to your line when they should be going to extremely knowledgable engineers, and you’re left being sworn at. Less than a month into the “remote position” that was advertised, we are being rushed back into an office. Not the office in Scottsdale that I applied to either which would be fine assuming there was no virus. No, one that’s in downtown Phoenix. No option to work from home, to the point where they just let their top manager by every metric resign because he lives in Kansas City. This company churns and burns and is a turnover machine that doesn’t actually care about its employees. Also, the health insurance is so bad/expensive/Cigna, that I can’t even accept it. So my wife is out working over time to pay for insurance because Nextiva cheats out everywhere.

10 people found this review helpful

Nextiva Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. While we appreciate your feedback, there is some false information in your review. At this time, Nextiva is not requiring any of its employees to return to the office, but we have welcomed some teams back using new office protocols to keep everyone safe and healthy. Our roles have always been advertised as temporarily remote due to COVID-19 with the expectation that once safe, we will return to the Scottsdale office (we do not have an office in downtown Phoenix). We're sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience with management and that our benefits didn’t match your expectations. We would encourage you to review our four different medical plans to select the best fit for you. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the People Team at people@nextiva.com if you have any further questions or concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 87 Reviews