KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Nextiva Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

57 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "They give employees low pay but pay celebrities to do 'motivational' videos rather than giving employees a bonus.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Poor training from day one, definitely not set up for success and you can see the leaders have no ongoing training or mentorship either.(in 19 reviews)
  • "They have unrealistic production expectations with very little support, poor management.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Hiring HR agent promises 2x company growth to 150 agents and that the current account executives make so much money they don't want to get promoted so they need people who are willing to grow with the company.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Most other companies I’ve interviewed with move faster and offer better communication about where things stand.(in 7 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Nextiva and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A dynamic and change-friendly environment

Jun 27, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Really amazing work environment and handled the Covid-19 challenges really well. These are good people who work really hard.

Cons

I have a long commute and parking is a huge pain.

36 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Love the office

Mar 4, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

it’s really nice work environment. I really enjoying going to work and even look forward to it some days. It’s quite an improvement from my old job.

Cons

None. You get to meet a lot of different people. The best part of the job is that you get to be yourself and make money at the same time.

108 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for your review and for recognizing the incredible, positive work environment we have built at Nextiva. We appreciate your suggestion to improve working parents' experience and will take it into consideration. If you have any additional comments or suggestions, please feel free to email us at hr@nextiva.com.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company and great for families

Oct 1, 2018 - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nextiva’s a great work environment and the company cares for people with kids. The insurance plans are good and the general flexibility was helpful for my wife and I. I don’t work there anymore but it was good for me and my family while I was there. The hours were right for me, the commute was great, and the opportunity to grow was great. Even though I left, I still miss the people and the office. I recommend working there for people interested in sales.

Cons

It would be good to have more regular performance reviews. I got nonstop coaching from my manager on the sales floor but I didn’t feel like there was enough feedback on how my performance impacted the entire company and what my career roadmap looked like. This is something that should be improved.

58 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! We're pleased to see you had such a positive experience during your time here. Nextiva prioritizes providing our employees with great benefits, and we’re happy to hear you enjoyed yours so much! We are also always looking for new ways in which to grow, so we will be sharing your feedback about performance reviews with our team. Please reach out to hr@nextiva.com if you have any other suggestions or comments.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Career Decision Ever

Mar 12, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Nextiva has been an amazing experience so far. Overall, I would describe my experience as a breath of fresh air. Not only does our leadership team care about us as employees, they are very involved. It’s not uncommon to walk our Sales and Support Floors and see Directors and Managers on calls for their reps or coaching them during their call. Overall, I often categorize my move to Nextiva as one of the best career moves that I have made. From the interview process, which was professional, prompt and organized, to my overall onboarding, I have felt valued and appreciated. Imagine working for a company that makes you feel that they care about you and that they appreciate your time at work…versus typical companies that make you feel like you should be happy to have a job with them. Huge difference. I enjoy coming to work and being a part of the Nextiva family. The company takes care of us. We have amazing wellness benefits and culture benefits as well. It makes life very convenient to have company provided Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and Cold Stone Ice Cream every other Wednesday. We have monthly, consistent, volunteering opportunities, which our leadership team is supportive of us participating in! The work environment is fun and energetic, with daily challenges and games to help stimulate the mind. I would have never thought that taking a quick creative break would make me so much more successful and productive in my job. Overall, Nextiva has been the best company I have every worked for and I am so glad that I have moved my career with Nextiva. Here’s to a successful future!

Cons

A little more paid time off would be nice. However, this is really looking for something to place as a negative right now.

54 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write such a wonderful review! We work hard at Nextiva to make sure the environment we foster at work is one of positive and productive behavior. We're happy to know that you're a part of our team and helping us grow. If you have any other comments or suggestions, please email us directly at HR@Nextiva.com.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing place to work!

Nov 10, 2016 - Inside Sales in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Nextiva for a little over 5 years now. It truly is a place I love to go each day because of the people I work with and the "Amazing" products we provide. I have learned so much while being employed with Nextiva. The training is great and differently helps individuals become comfortable with the products we sell. It's a great work environment and I have made so many friends over the past 5 plus years. The culture is great and the company knows how to have fun. Nextiva is a place that if you work hard you can built a career and become very successful. Managers are always willing to help and provide tons of coaching each day. The company is constantly looking for ways to grow within the industry and always implementing new products. Nextiva always provides a lot of perks such as breakfast, ice cream and lunches. The sales floor is very clean and spacious with a modern touch. For those that are looking to advance within a company, Nextiva provides a career path with multiply channels for growth.

Cons

Can't really say anything negative about the company. I have been working for Nextiva for over 5 years and I consider it my second home. The company is always open for suggestions and if there are changes that need to be made they respond quickly.

17 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Nice Productive Place to work

Mar 26, 2018 - Sales Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

I learned to be a team player and to go with the rhythm of the work. fantastic management. the work environment is highly friendly

Cons

None. Very loving and fun team to work. You can learn a lot working for this company.

57 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled to see you have had such a positive experience with us. If you come to find you have any concerns or new suggestions, please email us at HR@Nextiva.com.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

May 7, 2017 - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great company culture, and positive work environment - Good pay if you develop your sale's skills and learn the product inside and out. It's not hard, but requires effort on your part. The training is thorough and you have a training foundation that is build for success. I have seen coworkers who were struggling and turned it around within several weeks of changing their sale's approach. - It's not a corporate structure company, but more of a start-up company in regard to the environment. Everyone treats each other with respect, and no one has power trips which I have seen in corporate america.

Cons

-Fast growing company that is growing at a rapid rate. This is not a con, but just a reality. It's fascinating to be part of the growth movement.

36 people found this review helpful

VP, Inside Sales

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such an AMAZING review! We truly believe that culture is the main ingredient to our success. We have some of the most talented, hard working, positive people in the industry and we understand that we are where we are because of them. Thank you for being a part of our organization and for the kind words, and you are welcome, it is my pleasure to be there to support everyone in our organization. As I am sure you have heard me say before, we will give you all the resources and tools that you need to be successful, we count on you to use them to make an impact. The company will continue to grow and be an industry leader and we look forward to you being part of that long-term growth.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

The Best Company Ever

Jun 14, 2019 - Client Success Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nextiva is the most positive work environment I've ever worked in! They start out everyday with 3 things to be grateful for, which sets the day with a positive happy tone! Everyone is a team player and truly cares about standing by the company's pillars!! The leadership team leads and guides their employees to succeed. They promote work-life balance, benefit package is unbelievably generous, 3 weeks pto plus 7 paid holidays!! I never want to work for another company EVER! I was skeptical at first with all of the 5 star reviews, but since starting with Nextiva the reviews are true!!

Cons

None! This company truly is a dream come true!

33 people found this review helpful

Director of HR

Thanks for taking time to leave a review! We're so happy to hear that Nextiva is the most positive environment you've experienced and that you enjoy the work/life balance and benefits offered to all of our team members. Stay Amazing!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Nextiva is the best employer I've ever had!

Nov 7, 2013 -  in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment at Nextiva is fantastic. It's a business that focuses on employee growth, education, and opportunity. There are a lot of small things that the company does to regularly keep a fun work environment. Nextiva provides food for its employees at least 3 days a week, does after work team-builders, and flag football. Snacks and drinks are always available in one of the several kitchens, and the break room has DirecTV, an Xbox 360, a pool table, and a ping pong table. I've even known senior management to give away Diamondback and Coyotes tickets to hard-working employees. The actual work environment is comfortable, with large cubicles, comfortable chairs, and colorful walls. It seems like the owner knows almost everyone in the company, and can often be seen walking around the office. Every executive in the company is as approachable and friendly as the owner, and every employee is committed to helping the customer and providing amazing service. (So much so that it's become our unofficial slogan!) The location is immediately off the freeway, with easy access to several restaurants. Overall, there's no place I'd rather be!

Cons

Truthfully, I can't think of any cons to working here. Occasionally, support representatives may be scheduled to work a few hours on Saturday, but if they don't want to do that people are almost always willing to take that shift for someone else.

5 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Scintillating Work Environment

Apr 26, 2017 - Internet Marketing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

-They are growing exponentially and treat their employees like Gold. -Quality people to grow with and staggering work environment -Humble, professional, and solid communication

Cons

So far, I haven't noticed any that come to attention.

33 people found this review helpful

Director, HR

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We are so proud of our growing team and amazing work environment and we love that you feel the same way. If you have any ideas or suggestions about how we can make our organization even better, we encourage you to email us at hr@nextiva.com .

Viewing 1 - 10 of 27 Reviews