Nextlabs Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Keng Lim

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Tech rocks. Differentiated. Solves real business problems. Recruiting all-stars."

Pros

Great product, proven CEO, strong channel and solid sales organization. This company is turning the corner, big time. New talent is shaking things up in a good way. The excitement is definitely building.

Cons

Best early stage company no one has ever heard. The message simply has not gotten out.

Sorry- we can't put bunny ears on your teenagers photo feed; but NextLabs can deliver real value for real companies.

Advice to Management

Don't worry about the few disgruntled employees on Glassdoor. They are probably part of the problem not the solution.

"Different perspective......"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Nextlabs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First of all, it's really sad that the negative reviews are petty and so apparent they were/are not happy for whatever the reason may be. What is hard to understand is if someone is so unhappy with their work situation, why not leave and find a happy home? No one is being forced to stay. The company has been rebuilding and these past few months, have shown dramatic improvements. The Sales team is unbelievable and have surpassed the goals that were set out for them. Everyone wins in this situation. Yes, some of the managers and senior level employees have moved on, but in the Software Tech industry, especially in this area, there are an abundance amount of jobs to choose from and turnovers are expected. I don't feel it's such a bad thing. New people, new ideas makes a thriving environment.

Cons

Speed up the process of hiring and replacing positions to keep up with the growth the Sales team is bringing forward.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge those key employees that have been there through tough times and continue to work hard and have put their heart and soul to support the success of the company.

"Layoffs and more bad news"

I have been working at Nextlabs (Less than a year)

Pros

People, if they are there much longer

Cons

They just laid off the entire Marketing team. BIG RED FLAG! I wake up every morning thinking whether I have a job or not. For the few people left, they are still working us like dogs. But for what?? Why am I still here? Oh yeah...still waiting for an offer to leave already. All the smart people are gone.

Advice to Management

Leave! The company outlook looks dim.

"What they're not telling you"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Nextlabs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of people in every office. Everyone is approachable, but they are over worked and way underpaid. The truth is that MORALE IS LOW!

Cons

Don't be fooled by the recent influx of 5 star reviews, HR and top management are pushing new hires to write A+ reviews. The truth about the firm is that THE COMPANY WASN'T ABLE TO MAKE THE APRIL 30, 2017 PAYROLL! The company announced it on pay day in "Hey, you might have noticed that there wasn't a deposit in your account this morning" kind of way. We had to wait until May 9th to get paid once the CEO secured a personal loan to cover it. And most recently the May 15th payroll was conveniently "mixed up" due to a "glitch" in the system and we were paid in several different payments. This is the first time that they couldn't make payroll in the US and Europe offices, but it's happened several times this year in the Asia offices. Think of the other implications, this financial crisis means no raises, no bonuses, and your computer is most likely refurbished and will keep crashing.

Yes, there is a new sales team and they seem to really know their stuff (where most of the 5 star reviews on Glassdoor are coming from BTW). However, a lot of the support and implementation staff is leaving and the company has slowed hiring (1) because of the financial issues and (2) because the hiring managers are too busy trying to stay afloat that they don't have time to interview. The question to ask is, will there be enough people to support and implement once the sales start coming in?

My advice to you would be to think very long and hard about accepting an offer from NextLabs because there is a chance you'll be out of a job very soon if the company goes under.

"Account Executive - Beware of the CEO"

I worked at Nextlabs full-time

Pros

Interesting product. Huge upside for the product. Very few direct competitors

Cons

CEO - Con Man, CEO - Narcissist, CEO - Snake Oil Salesman
    Wont be surprised if CEO is in orange jump suit. Plays slipshod with all types of rules HR, Fin, confidential. I know of cases where he let go sales team members to avoid paying commission. Don't believe the 5 star ratings, most of them were by interns and temp workers under HR influence. Heard there were missed pay checks and benefits.

Advice to Management

Unfortunately CEO is the lone management, not sure if there is any legit board member except CEOs family members. If there is anyone legit, message for them drop this guy and run before you join him in the orange jump suit

"Solution Architect"

I have been working at Nextlabs full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, good collaboration style

Cons

Difficult location, commute is 3 hours a day

Advice to Management

Improve product management and QA products and component integration

"Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Nextlabs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There is a major and exciting transformation underway at NextLabs. The company has always focused on building the most innovative and highest quality products available on the market, and now NextLabs is making significant investments into building world class sales and Customer enablement teams who are connecting and delivering our great technology and solutions to our Customers.

Cons

The company needs to be more internally agile in order to be ready for rapid growth.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting and empowering employees to drive changes needed to improve organizational scalability.

"Sales"

I have been working at Nextlabs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Product/Market fit is well defined
    The solutions work and are well tested in the industry. Large customers with 60,000+users in production.
    Pre-built integrations with critical business applications i.e. SAP, Microsoft, Siemens, and the extensible to the rest of the enterprise including homegrown applications, cloud, or on-premise.
    Solves real business problems that executives care about i.e. Security, Compliance, Productivity,...
    The company currently holds 50 patents with 30 pending..not may other "Startups" can say that. We solve the problems around ABAC and DRM in a way that nobody else can.
    Solex partnership with SAP is huge especially when it comes to getting a seat at the table with executives and mind-share.
    New solutions coming out very soon will be the 1st of their kind so overall there is very little competition.
    Hired an A Player SVP of Sales from Cloudera who is bringing in other A players and heavy hitters who know what they are doing.
    The people across departments are great and helpful for to sales. The CEO is fully supportive and helps in any way he can. He is very smart and passionate about the company, industry, and the technology.
    Quota is actually achievable and you getting treated like a sales professional.
    Strong Pre-Sales team
    Comp plan is as strong as anything out there right now.

Cons

The company is still maturing as it continues to ramp up sales and marketing so we're a little light on tools and resources but I see this changing.
    Need more market awareness especially with all the competitive differentiation we have.
    CEO needs to let go a bit and trust in the team he's bringing in

Advice to Management

Keep investing in A players, the right tools, and resources and the future looks very bright for NextLabs. The solutions are there and keep getting better.

"Account Executive"

I worked at Nextlabs full-time

Pros

Startup mentality, easy access to people within the organization. Very good solution and great partnerships with other vendors.

Cons

Complex Solutions which are challenging to sell.

"Keeps getting worse."

I have been working at Nextlabs full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are okay now.
    Goodbye snacks. Switched from Costco to Safeway and instead of asking to increase the budget...the snacks are cut in half. Good job!!

Cons

Very very very very low salary.
    How can someone live in the bay area with a salary that NextLabs offer?
    Non profit org offer more.
    No job growth. Your boss does not care.
    Where is upper management when u need them?? When the ceo is not watching...they roll in around noon. Not everyone, but you know who you are. And I love my boss's excuses. I WAS STUCK IN MEETINGS ALL MORNING.
    So much that they cant even respond to the emails you have been sending for the last 4 hrs. Lazy and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Most of you are getting paid wayyyyy more than your support staff, esp my boss, and honestly I dont know why. We do all the REAL work. Without us you are lost!