Niagara Bottling Reviews in Ontario, CA | Glassdoor

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Niagara Bottling President & CEO Andy Peykoff II
Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • Fast-paced and competitive environment (in 20 reviews)

• Overall great place to work, friendly people and growing company (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Seasonal volume business so seasonally the hours are sometimes excessive so work life balance suffers (in 16 reviews)

• Upper management basically runs things with out regarding what is truly best (in 9 reviews)

1. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture- work hard, play hard. If you don't pull your weight, you won't last long.

Cons

Cross- department communication is sometimes difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue to support work-life balance and enhanced communication

Jan 11, 2017

Thank you for being a part of the Niagara team!

2. "Looking for younger employees who are willing to work long hours"

Former Contractor - Supply Chain in Ontario, CA
    Former Contractor - Supply Chain in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They seem to be very employee orientated and give lots of "Thanks" in the way of giveaways and food. For the most part they are probably a good company to work for if you are starting out.

Cons

Expectations of working 12-14 hours a day during summer months. Even though I was more than competent to do the job, because I did not want to work those hours they ended my contract. That is not an assumption that is what I was told when they let me go. They have a tendency to only hire those young people that really don't have the ability to say no and just do what the managers want them to do even if it means working harder not smarter.

Advice to Management

Instead of making your employees work harder invest in a system that will help them work smarter.

Apr 18, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for writing a review. Summer is a busy time for us as demand increases during hotter months. We recognize this and often provide meals and other incentives to demonstrate our appreciation ... More

"Good people but..."

Former Employee - Corporate Office in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in Ontario, CA

Pros

The people who work alongside you overwhelmingly are friendly and supportive. Flat organizational structure makes it easier to reach out and get your job done (although that can work both ways).

Cons

Sub-par compensation (so-so pay along with poor benefits & retirement plan, no bonus or profit-sharing, and significant mandatory overtime). High workload due to understaffing. Disorganization leads to much unnecessary work / rework.

Advice to Management

If you want to build a family, spread the wealth a little. Expecting more work for less (low raises and decreased benefits = flat compensation) sends the exact opposite message. The culture has deteriorated visibly in a short time. You risk being just another mediocre employer where people pass through on the way to something better.

Jan 25, 2017

Niagara is continuously involved in ensuring that our salaries are within the range for the current market. Thank you for taking the time to review.

5. "Inventory clerk"

Former Employee - Inventory in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

Good people to work with... Very home like environment

Cons

Long how people are nice to work withrs

Advice to Management

Get better pay

Dec 19, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

6. "So-So"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling (Less than a year)

Pros

Good level of Authority during the internship, good organizational culture, members of the team are so friendly. The talent development team tries its best to make a good experience for the interns.

Cons

No plans for the new interns! No one was prepared and no plan at least for the first month of the internship! It's up to the interns to find something to do for the final presentation.
    If you do your job the best, it doesn't mean that you'll get a job there! you should be lucky as well.

Advice to Management

Plan to use your human resource more efficiently! Instead of hiring 10 people with $1 of salary for each individual, hire 2 people with $5 salary each!

Nov 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our internship program. At Niagara, we give interns hands-on experience that will best prepare them for full-time jobs in the future, which may ... More

7. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling (More than 5 years)

Pros

Heavy workload, long hours, and Always staying busy

Cons

Unorganized crazy hectic.....busy. Management needs to find better process.

Advice to Management

Need to improve better process

Oct 27, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We understand that there are times we are moving really fast in order to be successful. We have made some recent changes in systems, process and ... More

8. "Worst company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing apart from free water..oh wait, it is not even free.!!!!

Cons

Inexperienced upper management. Really bad benefits. No bonus, mediocre raises. Long work hours, minimum pay (except for directors and VPs).
    Your growth depends on how close you are to your manager rather than your performance.

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees and work on controlling turnover. Be honest and transparent about the processes and structure.

Nov 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that your experience at Niagara did not live up to your expectations. We offer many benefits with various options, so you can choose ... More

"If you seek opportunity- this is the place"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Ontario, CA
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling as an intern

Pros

Great and helpful people around you. Everyone offered me assistance if needed. Compared to other internship offers, pay is well for interns. Positive future outlook for company. Comprehensive internship program. Opportunity to work in other areas I'm interested in. They hire interns to become full-time. Leadership willing to help and give opportunity. Free Niagara shirts. Buddy and mentor program helps interns 'get out' there more. Discount on bottled water.

Cons

No sick days available until after 90 days- internship is almost done by then.

Advice to Management

Keep engaging employees and give them control/autonomy to complete their job duties. Niagara hires top-notch people, so let them do their thing.

"Good but not the best"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ample areas for learning and becoming well-rounded in your area of expertise, ONLY if you're a go-getter.

Cons

Where should I start....
    1-Lack of proper recruitment for managerial position, most of the managers does not have the proper knowledge in regards to their department processes. It's that old-school type of I know what i'm doing you just do what i tell you to do...
    2-Lack of training for managerial positions, most of the so called "Leaders" does not a clue about what it takes to manage a team or how to create an environment for Innovation even though that's the company's slogan....
    3- Areas for advancement both on the paycheck and the job level are slim as you can possibly think of, the lack of respect for internal employees is easily seen throughout the organization. Going back to the recruitment process, it's very tedious and unnecessary and in most times lead to wrong candidate getting hired.
    4- It's a place for people who doesn't necessarily have a killer knowledge set but they do what they're being asked to do and TALK the most!

Advice to Management

Learn more about the art of management as opposed to the so called "Leadership".

Jul 15, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are a fast-growing company with exciting promotional opportunities and we are still learning. We strive to provide a workplace where there is ... More

"Planning Analyst"

Former Employee - Planning Analyst in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Planning Analyst in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow.

Cons

You need more people to get work done at the corporate office not just talkers and actors. There is a huge lack of productivity and talent in terms of technical people.

Advice to Management

Don't let the talent go.