Niagara Bottling Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Niagara Bottling President & CEO Andy Peykoff II
Andy Peykoff II

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Very diverse workforce, a fast paced work environment (in 28 reviews)

• It's a good place to work if you like the fast pace of a growing company (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • They obviosly dont care about work life balance (in 20 reviews)

• There is absolutely no work-life balance as a planner because you are expected on call 24-7 since the plants run 24-7 (in 5 reviews)

"Natl Dir. HR"

Former Employee - Vice President Administrative/Human Resources and Corporate Compliance, Hazel Hawkins Memorial Hospital in Central, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful family to work with. Left in 2010 and have kept in touch with several great employees. Watched and participated in the company growth between 2007-2010. Couldn't be prouder as they continue to grown. Good place to work.

Cons

Really none. If you do not like your employer, leave. I enjoyed the work and where they helped me grow. It helped me be the Organizational VP, I am today.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great family feeling.

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for being a part of the Niagara Family during that crucial time!

2. "maintenance"

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

They show employee appreciation with events quarterly. A lot of overtime. Opportunity to win car every year (if no safety issues throughout year)

Cons

Long hours standing on your feet. Hard to get quality people with good work ethic which makes your job harder and frustrating

Advice to Management

Weed out the employees that do not perform their job efficiently after their probation period is over, to make room for people that actually want to work and do a decent job.

3. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

Great company culture, amazing co-workers!

Cons

No processes in place, but allows you to be creative and lead like an owner!

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

We encourage all Team Members to Lead like an Owner. Thank you for being a part of the Niagara Family!

4. "Ok company"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Analyst in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Analyst in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Depending on your manager as well as your role, you might get the freedom to explore new skillsets otherwise training comes very seldom for corporate employees. If you’re interested in state of the art manufacturing equipments then this place is the one to work at.

Cons

There are so many, but the one that perish me the most is the fact that employees are considered as resources and machines are assets. This justifies Niagara’s way of treating their employees which is extremely poor. Top management has their goals to deliver in order to get their bonuses and in that process people are easily replaceable. The company DOES NOT pay competitively at all, and hard workers are almost always under appreciated.

The top management specially in IT lack updated knowledge of their job and therefore the companies IT structure dates back to the 90’s.

If you are a recent grad then try the company to build your resume and don’t get attached because it’s poison.

Advice to Management

Stop putting people in wrong management roles and restructure your old fashioned “management trainings”. Become more proactive and rely less on quotes and theories, instead turn into knowledge and science of things even for HR! Take care of the people because when the company goes down it’s the people that holds the ship together. Strive for greatness not just being OK.

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Career development is a key part of our culture at Niagara. As we continue to grow rapidly, there is an increase of opportunities for growth and... More

5. "machine Operator"

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, but not great

Cons

They work you to death. Basically it mandatory overtime. They dont say it is but they ask you 3-4 times a day even after you say no. They obviosly dont care about work life balance.

Advice to Management

Hire more people so you dont have people living inside the faciluty

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the hard work and dedication of our Team Members.
    We are a high performing organization and value our people and the need for a... More

6. "Leading the industry"

Current Employee - Manager in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Niagara is a fast paced, innovative, risk-tolerant, and collaborative environment. You have the ability to bring new ideas to the table and shake up the industry. Although the company has grown so much over the past five years, it still maintains that family-owned culture. The work is challenging and things can change on a dime, but that keeps you on your toes and I have never felt a dull moment at work. I enjoy working with really smart, yet humble people. It's a relatively flat organization without too many levels and titles. The work that they entrust in every single person who works here is refreshing and motivates us to work equally to make an impact to the organization.

Cons

Things do move very quickly, and you'll have to learn how to adapt and be flexible with the changing needs of the business. If

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you – we appreciate you working with us and helping us remain an industry leader!

"Great co workers"

Current Employee - Operations Associate in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Cheap water, occasionally free pizza, prizes, car giveaway every year.

Cons

Horrible management, horrible communication between the 4 different shifts, management not personally involved and knowing what's really going on, short staffed because of this people keep quitting.

Advice to Management

Really get to know your employees, gathering every shift in one room for a meeting every month would help out a lot. Be more fair with pay (raises) and incentives (recognition).

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for being a part of the Niagara Family! We appreciate your feedback; please continue this conversation with your supervisor or HR Manager so we can work together to develop some of your... More

"Play along or else"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the company, or better yet, my department was flexible with time and allowed you to work from home if needed. the coworkers at my level or lower were great to work with and a joy to support. they run the latest applications and throw money around, so you can get a lot of great skills to get your foot in the door at a better company.

Cons

leadership is lacking, and only supportive in theory. the only agenda is to put out fires, and to protect their bonuses. Turnover is high company wide, and is mostly ignored or presented falsely to the top brass. benefits are terrible, and investment into their employees is non existing. top levels are a boys club and team building is a frat drinking contest every time. expected to work long hours as they prefer to be understaffed. they have no real idea on how things work, and expect you to do it cheap, and to be happy about it. PAYS LOW, even at corporate.

Advice to Management

get new management!

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to hear your role provided the flexibility you needed and that you enjoyed working with your colleagues.
    While our turnover rates are better than... More

9. "Managment/Leadership"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Niagara cares less about a degree, as it cares more about experience and leadership capabilities and attitude.

Cons

Expectations can vary for the same position across the board.

Advice to Management

Continue developing talent, to remain a world class bottling company.

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thanks for the review. We are very proud of our career development programs, such as our Six Sigma Certification courses, and are continuously exploring new learning opportunities we can introduce to... More

10. "Awful place to work"

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free water and Tea, the salary is decent for the area and give overtime when available

Cons

Work conditions plays favoritism to family and friends of family, Slow seasons cuts hours and give to people they like

Advice to Management

Be Fair Consistent and fair to all employees

May 18, 2018 – Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review. Niagara is an equal opportunity employer; this includes promotional opportunities. If you feel there is any unethical behavior, please contact... More