Niagara Bottling Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Niagara Bottling President & CEO Andy Peykoff II
Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • fast paced environment, plenty of overtime if you want it, fast growing company that has plenty of room to grow (in 21 reviews)

• Overall great place to work, friendly people and growing company (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a struggle (in 18 reviews)

• Upper management basically runs things with out regarding what is truly best (in 9 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Maintenance Supervisor for Factory Focus and Shift Mechanics in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

family oriented allowing for better communication between all team players, allows for better understanding of problems and developmental skills.

The plant director really has a lasting effect that motivates team members to put their best out on the production floor and also creates a sense of ownership when a line is down, the operators and mechanics from what I have experienced come together to resolve problems.

Work life balance is perhaps too generous, if the management team or supervisors notice a team member is not feeling well or just down they are given an opportunity to go home and come back a later time to make up hours. This goes a long way with the team members dedication, great strategy.

Production and Maintenance managers do a very good job of collaborating, good example is the shifting of difficult packages to day shift and running stable product on nights. The team members see this as an example of management caring about their work life.

Objectives are clearly set for the managers and supervisors, it's kept simple so they are attainable with in the review period and relate to keeping safety, quality and production number one.

Team members are approachable..., always positive.

big plus!! if you have an idea and know how to present it, you will get all the support needed to make it a reality..., simply love this.., makes life fun!

so much more..., can't list it all..,

basically if you come to work with a positive attitude, treat people well and have a drive to get ahead then this is the place for you!

my other 3 favorite plants are Allentown PA, Stockton CA and the Washington Plant. they also share similar characteristics as Philly plant.

Cons

Health Insurance is expensive, but compensation is fair.

Advice to Management

Lets continue to do the right things so the right things happen, stick to it.

Jun 12, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience at Niagara!

2. "Fast Paced"

Current Employee - Production Operator in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Production Operator in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cons

no a/c in the building.

Jun 7, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for being a part of the Niagara Family and for providing this insight into working at Niagara. Your feedback is appreciated!

"Company with potential but needs revamping at many levels"

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work environment is fast-paced
    -Company is growing by leaps and bounds and is constantly making progress
    -Water sale for employees
    -Internal transfers to other teams can be requested and are considered most of the times
    -Senior management is good and is taking initiatives to ensure work life balance, reduce work load (though progress on this front is slow)

Cons

There is a high turnover in the planning team which is the most important team in the organization and the reasons for the high turnover are as below
    -There is a layer of middle management between between analysts and senior managers/directors who were promoted owing to the management's fear of losing employees but are inexperienced, lack people skills and knowledge/technical skills which are worth imparting to others.
    - More than often the middle management takes credit for your work and are constantly on the look out for finding mistakes committed by analysts/ write them up/ throw them under the bus instead of understanding the cause for the mistake and training them to avoid the mistakes in the future.
    -The middle management lacks professionalism is incapable of encouraging professional development of team members and providing guidance or mentoring them in any fashion.
    -The pay disparity at each level is huge and merit/qualifications hold no importance in deciding the pay. Additionally, the pay is lower than the national average by 12-15%.
    - Don't expect to get a pat on the back for good or hard work.-It's goes unnoticed!
    The analyst/planner roles are great for candidates who are not hungry for learning and don't care much about professional development.

Advice to Management

- Reduce turnover by ensuring the middle management is not a team of unskilled and unhappy people but are experienced professionals who are good advocates of the company as well as the team members.
    -Offer competitive pay and additional perks
    -Needs to be more involved in the team's activities as well as hiring as your liaisons are unable to do the tasks well.
    Set the team's goals/visions out and ensure that every team member from level 1 up is aware of that.
    -Don't overlook the growth of team members by focusing on only the company's growth.

"Injection operator"

Current Employee - Injection Operator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Injection Operator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not to many pro's on working with this company except it's close to my house & takes me 10 min to get ther

Cons

Management is nogood
    No organization in department & no "company rule" enforcement. No position changes unless your liked. Your hard working good work ethics are not recognized. Much work little pay! Especially for the climate you have to work in and management has no consideration for that!
    In my department they cut out overtime 👎🏾 and overtime is needed cause you can't make it on what they pay. 2x's a month you get paid so the next 7-14 days your broke. Healthcare is high priced for an individual and doesn't pay much on your medical bills.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees for the hard work & great work they do,raise pay rates & get teams that will work together not tear each other down

"Shift mechanic"

Current Employee - Shift Mechanic in Mooresville, NC
    Current Employee - Shift Mechanic in Mooresville, NC

I have been working at Niagara Bottling (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay for the area.

Cons

Not an equal opportunity employer. It does not matter how long you have worked there or how much experience you have. What seems to mater is who you become buddy buddy and best friends with to work your way up and get the training needed to do your job. We do machine rebuilds yearly on the machines and that's how you learn how the components of the machine come apart and go back together. Some mechanism are involved in every rebuild and sent all over the country for training yet others as myself are not included in any of this.

It seem as though the senior Factory focus mechanic runs the maintenance crew. If your not in his click you get nothing. If your his buddy and do favors outside the work place you get what ever you want. I talked with my supervisor about this and was told as long as I get my paycheck that's all that matters. This is total bull crap we should all get the same training opportunity and then be judged on our performance after that. With over 30 years in blow molding with some management experience it is a shame to see this happening in such a big company.

Advice to Management

Give everyone the same treatment and training . It a shame that this behavior is overlooked by the top managers.

May 10, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We want you to know that we read them and discuss your feedback with our leadership teams. You are right that we do not promote based on tenure and ... More

6. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture- work hard, play hard. If you don't pull your weight, you won't last long.

Cons

Cross- department communication is sometimes difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue to support work-life balance and enhanced communication

Jan 11, 2017

Thank you for being a part of the Niagara team!

"Good."

Current Employee - Production Lead in Aurora, CO
    Current Employee - Production Lead in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is decent.
    They acknowledge hard work.
    Free classes for advancement.
    You can transfer to any plant across the country.

Cons

Rotating schedule.
    No night shift differential.
    Attendance point system is designed to fail.
    Training for new operators is non existing.

Advice to Management

Providing a short classroom course before putting operators on the floor will assist in employee retention.

Salaries for leadership are subpar compared to other large beverage/food manufactures.

Revise attendance point system.

Consider 3 days on, 3 days off, with 1 rotating day between shifts each week. Having different days off each week is cumbersome.

Dec 29, 2016

Thank you for being a part of the team!

"Never Work Here!!!"

Current Employee - Batching Operator in Missouri City, TX
    Current Employee - Batching Operator in Missouri City, TX

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule lets you see family

Cons

-Needs Better Pay
    -Unprofessional
    -Unconsistent
    -POOR management
    -Even though you're hired for a certain position you'll end up doing things that don't pertain to your job with NO pay differential.
    -It's a sink or swim mentality
    -There is really NO TRAINING. It's "Learn or get lost"
    -When the plant isn't running, favoritism starts to really show
    -DO NOT work here if you have other options!!!!

Advice to Management

-Management needs to work on professionalism.
    -There is NO EQUAL TREATMENT!
    -Favoritism is a huge thing here.
    -The pay could be better for the job being done; I've done production for many years and they are the lowest paid for the amount of manual labor done.

Jan 11, 2017

We want everyone at Niagara to succeed and build a life-long career here! Use your annual performance to ask questions regarding training. If you feel that you have not been given opportunities for ... More

"Potential but..."

Current Employee - PM Mechanic in Missouri City, TX
    Current Employee - PM Mechanic in Missouri City, TX

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

-Plenty of overtime opportunity
    -Always learning
    -Safety really does come first
    -Facility is way cleaner than other industry facilities (bottling or packaging)

Cons

-No set schedule for PM Mechanic (never know if that day they'll demand you stay for 8 hours or 15)
    -No focus on job duties (they'll demand you work on everything in the building, not just on production equipment. Warehouse shelves, locks, gates, sweeping just for the sake of sweeping, hanging bug zappers, hanging pictures, painting, etc)(even when machines aren't running great they'll make us do these things, then wonder why they aren't running good)
    -Pay is way less than other industry companies.
    -They offer less pay to internal promotions than external new hires
    -Pay raises are nearly negligible (10 cents a year if you're lucky)
    -Training is extremely poor. It's a sink or swim mentality. Official training from equipment manufacturer is expensive and vastly useless (majority of class is talking about equipment that doesn't apply).
    -Expect to do other people's jobs, no matter what position you're hired for.
    -New ideas you come up with will be taken by others. Safeguard your ideas.

Advice to Management

-Management needs an overhaul just as badly as your training.
    -Training is extremely poor.
    -I know not everyone deserves decent wages, but some do. To pay such small amounts to excellent workers only chases them away, or makes them not want to work hard anymore.
    -Millions of dollars worth is thrown away per year, but it's looked down upon to pay skilled laborers more?
    -Pour all official training into factory focus (to be your references), then they can train everyone else (if you do it right, they'll only need to work 40 hours per week, as they'll only be training others-not working 120 hours every week for years straight)
    -promote within, and don't skimp on paying them decent. If they prove they have optimal attributes, why pay less? Meanwhile, it's not rational to pay outside people more and expect less of them.
    -more and better communication will solve many problems.
    -Consistency would greatly help as well.

Dec 2, 2016

We try to remain competitive with pay rates, therefore, overtime pay is competitive as well. Please know that we continuously review pay rates and incentives. Our internal promotion rate is ... More

10. "Love my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Prairie, WI

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Niagara gives you room to grow as well as supports it. Great hours..

Cons

Very hectic in the summer months! And slow in the winter season.

Advice to Management

They need to develop more people skills and have more interaction with their employees and get to know them better.

Nov 20, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review - we appreciate you!