Niagara Bottling Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Niagara Bottling President & CEO Andy Peykoff II
Andy Peykoff II

Pros
  • fast paced environment, plenty of overtime if you want it, fast growing company that has plenty of room to grow (in 21 reviews)

• Overall great place to work, friendly people and growing company (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be a struggle (in 18 reviews)

• Upper management basically runs things with out regarding what is truly best (in 9 reviews)

"Company with potential but needs revamping at many levels"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work environment is fast-paced
    -Company is growing by leaps and bounds and is constantly making progress
    -Water sale for employees
    -Internal transfers to other teams can be requested and are considered most of the times
    -Senior management is good and is taking initiatives to ensure work life balance, reduce work load (though progress on this front is slow)

Cons

There is a high turnover in the planning team which is the most important team in the organization and the reasons for the high turnover are as below
    -There is a layer of middle management between between analysts and senior managers/directors who were promoted owing to the management's fear of losing employees but are inexperienced, lack people skills and knowledge/technical skills which are worth imparting to others.
    - More than often the middle management takes credit for your work and are constantly on the look out for finding mistakes committed by analysts/ write them up/ throw them under the bus instead of understanding the cause for the mistake and training them to avoid the mistakes in the future.
    -The middle management lacks professionalism is incapable of encouraging professional development of team members and providing guidance or mentoring them in any fashion.
    -The pay disparity at each level is huge and merit/qualifications hold no importance in deciding the pay. Additionally, the pay is lower than the national average by 12-15%.
    - Don't expect to get a pat on the back for good or hard work.-It's goes unnoticed!
    The analyst/planner roles are great for candidates who are not hungry for learning and don't care much about professional development.

Advice to Management

- Reduce turnover by ensuring the middle management is not a team of unskilled and unhappy people but are experienced professionals who are good advocates of the company as well as the team members.
    -Offer competitive pay and additional perks
    -Needs to be more involved in the team's activities as well as hiring as your liaisons are unable to do the tasks well.
    Set the team's goals/visions out and ensure that every team member from level 1 up is aware of that.
    -Don't overlook the growth of team members by focusing on only the company's growth.

"Injection operator"

Current Employee - Injection Operator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Injection Operator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not to many pro's on working with this company except it's close to my house & takes me 10 min to get ther

Cons

Management is nogood
    No organization in department & no "company rule" enforcement. No position changes unless your liked. Your hard working good work ethics are not recognized. Much work little pay! Especially for the climate you have to work in and management has no consideration for that!
    In my department they cut out overtime 👎🏾 and overtime is needed cause you can't make it on what they pay. 2x's a month you get paid so the next 7-14 days your broke. Healthcare is high priced for an individual and doesn't pay much on your medical bills.

Advice to Management

Recognize your employees for the hard work & great work they do,raise pay rates & get teams that will work together not tear each other down

3. "This was by far the worst employer I had ever worked for"

Former Employee - Plant Engineer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Plant Engineer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quitting was the best thing.

Cons

I was salary and on call 24/7. No life outside of Niagara. Very immature and young management. Learning as they go.

Advice to Management

What management?

Jun 15, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our exceptional growth and internal promotion rate is part of what makes Niagara a great place to learn ... More

4. "Meh..."

Former Employee - Quality Control Technician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Quality Control Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unlimited overtime, great co-worker dynamic(due management being the common enemy)

Cons

Management,favor showed towards day-shift ie. meetings and training were held on days,while nights would have to come in early

Advice to Management

Work on your people skills

May 18, 2017 – Communications Specialist

Thanks for the feedback. We strive to provide a positive work environment for all of our Team Members. We recognize the challenges of reaching all our shifts which is why we often provide training ... More

"Never Work Here!!!"

Current Employee - Batching Operator in Missouri City, TX
    Current Employee - Batching Operator in Missouri City, TX

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Schedule lets you see family

Cons

-Needs Better Pay
    -Unprofessional
    -Unconsistent
    -POOR management
    -Even though you're hired for a certain position you'll end up doing things that don't pertain to your job with NO pay differential.
    -It's a sink or swim mentality
    -There is really NO TRAINING. It's "Learn or get lost"
    -When the plant isn't running, favoritism starts to really show
    -DO NOT work here if you have other options!!!!

Advice to Management

-Management needs to work on professionalism.
    -There is NO EQUAL TREATMENT!
    -Favoritism is a huge thing here.
    -The pay could be better for the job being done; I've done production for many years and they are the lowest paid for the amount of manual labor done.

Jan 11, 2017

We want everyone at Niagara to succeed and build a life-long career here! Use your annual performance to ask questions regarding training. If you feel that you have not been given opportunities for ... More

"Horrible!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avondale, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Avondale, AZ

I worked at Niagara Bottling (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay and close to my home.

Cons

Very poor management, unequal treatment of employees in like roles will terminate for unsupported reasons, You will have no home life as the company expects total ownership of your time.

Advice to Management

In the past two years you have turned over almost all of the staffing in the plant and the issues still exist Its time to look inward and quit terminating dedicated employees.

Jan 30, 2017

We have made some recent changes in systems, process and staffing levels that have helped improve work-life balance. Thank you for writing a review.

7. "Worst company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing apart from free water..oh wait, it is not even free.!!!!

Cons

Inexperienced upper management. Really bad benefits. No bonus, mediocre raises. Long work hours, minimum pay (except for directors and VPs).
    Your growth depends on how close you are to your manager rather than your performance.

Advice to Management

Talk to the employees and work on controlling turnover. Be honest and transparent about the processes and structure.

Nov 3, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that your experience at Niagara did not live up to your expectations. We offer many benefits with various options, so you can choose ... More

8. "Not worth it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I worked at Niagara Bottling (Less than a year)

Pros

Cheap water, if that's a pro
    A seemingly steady paycheck
    Free water while working
    Benefits are available
    Equipment was in decent working order

Cons

Toxic work culture
    Little to no training
    Managers come and go as they please, rarely someone around when you need them
    Zero sense of urgency from management in regards to employee problems (i.e. timeclock issues, computer login issues)
    Good workers are left to pick up the slack for the lazy, while the lazy are lauded
    New hires are segregated by being forced to wear different colors under the guise of "help this person out, they're new" when it's really "this person isn't part of the 'Good Ol' Boys Club'"
    2-2-3 schedule on 12 hour shifts leaves 0 work/life balance. If you have a family you may see them every 2 weeks. Less if you're on nights.
    Pay is not commiserate with position. Those who work most get paid the least.
    Lunch/break allowances seem to skirt state law

Advice to Management

Actually be there when your employees are expected to be there. Handle issues in a timely manner. Pay attention to the people that actually work their whole shift, and deal with the ones who don't. And stop with the different hairnets for new hires. You hired those people, make them feel like part of the team. Because they certainly feel like (and are treated like) outsiders.

Oct 13, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that Niagara was not the right place for you. Please know that these reviews are read and action is taken. Leadership discusses ... More

9. "Machine operator"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To fix machines and being to help my team out

Cons

Not being able to solve the problems

Advice to Management

Hire more mechanics

Aug 15, 2016

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We are always looking for qualified mechanics and team members - please refer others that you would like to work with!

"Mechanic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, PA

Pros

Pay is good thays about all

Cons

Run away!! One of the worst companies I ever worked for......no matter what you do its never enough. Poor management they can't keep people no one knows what's going on!

Advice to Management

Get a clue you will never keep people the way you treat them.

Jul 29, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear your expectations were not met. We have implemented several new communication tools in order for all employees to be aware of ... More