Niagara Bottling "fast paced" Reviews | Glassdoor

Niagara Bottling Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Sep 11, 2019

3.7
Niagara Bottling CEO Andy Peykoff II
Andy Peykoff II
Pros
  • "Niagara encourages a fast-paced work environment and continuous improvement(in 34 reviews)

• "The company is growing quickly and all are afforded the autonomy to make crucial decisions(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some PDP's believe the work-life balance could use some improvements(in 27 reviews)

• "Long hours standing on your feet(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great company to jump-start your career"

Current Employee - Professional Development Program

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The ability to rotate through different departments to figure out what youre passionate about. - A lot of team bonding events - A great amount of age, race, and gender representation - An abundance of growth opportunities - No micromanaging. You hit the ground running - Super friendly people - Brand new headquarters - Ability to work from home on Fridays (subject to approval by your supervisor) - Flexible... work hours - Great place to jump-start your career - Abundance of projects and cross-departmental collaboration

Cons

- The program is only available to recent graduates - Some PDP's believe the work-life balance could use some improvements - While this is not necessarily a con, if you aren't someone who can handle a fast-paced and ever-changing company, this place may not be for you. Very much a sink or swim environment (but in the best way, teaches you to really push yourself)

Advice to Management

- Some managers in the supply chain department need to understand that weekends are not for work. Do not expect your employees to be by their work computers at 2 PM on a Saturday.

Niagara Bottling2019-09-11
  2. "Long hours but tangible results"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Development Program

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Niagara encourages a fast-paced work environment and continuous improvement. There are always opportunities to make improvements.

Cons

There seems to be a large disconnect between management and other employees and a disconnect between corporate and the individual plants. As a company, I'd like to see more of an effort to recycle materials and exploring more environmentally friendly alternatives.

Niagara Bottling2019-09-11
  3. "Ok Start"

Current Employee - Professional Development Program in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to start as a career Opportunity to try different departments Fast paced environment Enforce training in Soft and Interpersonal Skills Generally nice feel of company culture Most employees are friendly

Cons

Starting Pay is questionable, Pay after graduation also questionable. Job Security after Program Sometimes feels like we are fillers in teams we are rotating in, because the team has high turnover and is understaffed. Sometimes when I am on a new team, I don't get my own desk.

Advice to Management

We always hear about how we are greatly valued to the company, but the pay doesn't make us feel this way.

Niagara Bottling2019-08-25
  4. "Great Company to start with"

Former Employee - Maintenance and Compliance Engineer

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture, lots of chances to grow as it's fast growing company. All employees are given chance to show their skill. Getting touch base with higher management is easy

Cons

Lots of travel depending on which department you are working. Very fast paced environment with average work life balance. Salary is industry average. Increments are very low. Health insurance costly if you have a family. 401K match average, could be better.

Advice to Management

Need to reduce travel by setting up remote teams. Need to increase overall salary and benefits. Need to focus on retention policy. Lots of turnover.

Niagara Bottling2019-07-17

"Got hired right before a reorganization."

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Privately owned company with great benefits and lots of travel, fast paced, tons of innovation!

Cons

New employees are not empowered, knowledge is not shared, and training is formalized. It a cut throat environment and depending which department you end up in you may not last long.

Niagara Bottling2019-06-25
  6. "Great Career Start"

Current Intern - Logistics Operations Intern

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

Fast pace, plenty of opportunities to learn and grow, great company culture.

Cons

Work can get hectic at times due to miscommunication

Niagara Bottling2019-06-02
  7. "Procurement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fast paced environment, you have a lot of freedom to make changes, very little red tape allows the company to be very adaptable, internal transfers encouraged if you want to try something out

Cons

Not a strong "community" in the workplace

Advice to Management

Keep empowering your employees to make changes and improvements but also encourage a little more social interaction.

Niagara Bottling2018-10-15

"Niagara Bottling is hell on earth"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

- water sale, but people need to stop consuming this much water bottles and stop putting all this plastic into the environment. - it is insanely fast paced, so you will be on your own in most projects which will teach you a lot. so basically you can use it as a ladder to gain experience and just move on.

Cons

-There is no improvement or raise if you are not family or best friend to the higher management. - CEO has no idea what is happening in his company as long as it's making money and higher level managers and VPs don't really care about their employees. - most of the managers are surprisingly unqualified and the trainings they offer the managers basically teach them how to fire people so the employee won't sue. -... benefits are a joke in Niagara bottling. there's no sick days and PTO is at minimum. Insurance package prices are insanely high. maternity leave is also non existent, you have to apply for fmla. and considering the high work load, employees usually leave after having a kid. - the pay is not decent and last year, the maximum raise was 3% which will be nothing considering how low the wages are. however, VPs get higher bonuses each year so it makes sense why they cut employees raises, to add to VPs' bonuses! -Human Resources is pure evil in Niagara Bottling. there was never a moment that I felt they were employee advocates. - I understand it's a manufacturing company, but the headquarter is literally in the middle of a desert. there's nothing (restaurant, gym,...) decent around it in less than 15 minutes drive radius. I am really happy I left Niagara Bottling. After I left, my improvement speed was much higher comparing to before and as a genuine advice, if you have an offer from Niagara Bottling and an offer from another company, just run towards the other offer!

Advice to Management

I don't see the point, since there will be a comment popping up here from the team at Niagara Bottling trying to justify all the points I mentioned. they refuse to see what's wrong with their company and that has kept them from any improvements.

Niagara Bottling2018-08-22

"Leading the industry"

Current Employee - Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Niagara is a fast paced, innovative, risk-tolerant, and collaborative environment. You have the ability to bring new ideas to the table and shake up the industry. Although the company has grown so much over the past five years, it still maintains that family-owned culture. The work is challenging and things can change on a dime, but that keeps you on your toes and I have never felt a dull moment at work. I enjoy... working with really smart, yet humble people. It's a relatively flat organization without too many levels and titles. The work that they entrust in every single person who works here is refreshing and motivates us to work equally to make an impact to the organization.

Cons

Things do move very quickly, and you'll have to learn how to adapt and be flexible with the changing needs of the business. If

Niagara Bottling2018-03-12

"Good place to work and gain skills"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

You will be pushed to do anything which brings positive value to company. If you survived here,you can literally work in any company and with varying work cultures. Great launching pad for career. Very good and family type culture.

Cons

I do understand it’s very fast paced company but please give TM’s some time to breathe. Apart from that nothing cons I think about.

Advice to Management

Please give enough training to people who wants contribute to company and compensate them well

Niagara Bottling2017-11-11