KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Niagara Bottling

Is this your company?

Niagara Bottling

Add a Review

Niagara Bottling Employee Reviews about "growing company"

Updated Dec 15, 2020

Found 23 of over 578 reviews

3.9
Niagara Bottling President & CEO     Andy Peykoff II
Andy Peykoff II
Pros
  • "Fast Paced, room for growth, friendly and helpful coworkers(in 41 reviews)

• "Fast growing company with many opportunities(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some PDP's believe the work-life balance could use some improvements(in 32 reviews)

• "Absolutely no work/life balance(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Niagara Bottling and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "growing company"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good place to work with good growth opportunity

Dec 15, 2020 - Engineer in Diamond Bar, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company with plenty of room to grow Diverse work environment Fast pace and low bureaucracy levels

Cons

Some pains from a quickly growing company are starting to show Priorities change quickly and you need to adapt very rapidly to finish projects on time.

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate all of your hard work and are grateful to have you as a part of our Niagara Family.

2. 3.0

Good company

Nov 22, 2020 - Maintenance Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast growing company with many opportunities

Cons

lower pay when compared to competitors

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your honest review. At Niagara, we aim to provide competitive compensation to our Team Members. We are always improving our benefits offerings, for example by adding adoption assistance and enhanced fertility benefits in 2019.

3. 5.0

Great Place to Grow

Oct 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This environment is great if you are self-driven, motivated and willing to put in the extra time to make the position your own. As a fast-growing company, many of the job needs are developed on the fly. Most decisions have a direct impact to the overall bottom line and it is easy to see how you are influencing business decisions. Work-life balance is good. Management is willing to work with you when personal problems arise or there is a need to take time off. Managers have unlimited vacation. Benefits have been average, but are getting better. CEO is fantastic, motivating and continues to lead the company in the right direction.

Cons

The recent growth has lead to some issues hiring the right people and it is negatively impacting the culture. Newcomers seem to be too set on specific job descriptions and create unnecessary roadblocks for others. It slows down the pace that has made Niagara so successful. It is still early enough to recover from this, but management needs to see it and step in.

Human Resources Intern

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you being a part of our Niagara Family and for all the hard work you do.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast-paced, Exciting Company

Sep 5, 2019 - PDP - Strategic Planning in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company is growing quickly and all are afforded the autonomy to make crucial decisions. There are plenty of trainings, free lunches, and retreats that have made me feel comfortable working here.

Cons

The rotational program is difficult in that you have to learn a new process every few months. But, this is the best way to get acquainted with the holistic business.

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you are enjoying the Professional Development Program so far and look forward to your future with Niagara!

5. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to start with

Jul 17, 2019 - Maintenance and Compliance Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, lots of chances to grow as it's fast growing company. All employees are given chance to show their skill. Getting touch base with higher management is easy

Cons

Lots of travel depending on which department you are working. Very fast paced environment with average work life balance. Salary is industry average. Increments are very low. Health insurance costly if you have a family. 401K match average, could be better.

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are happy that you enjoyed your time working at Niagara. We will take your feedback into consideration as we continue to develop ways to work more efficiently and improve our benefits offerings.

6. 4.0
      Former Intern

planning intern

Oct 11, 2018 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

business intelligence team is really good, can learn a lot, the company is growing really fast

Cons

management level is a little bit mess

7. 5.0
      Former Intern

Worked at Niagara for 4 months as an intern.

Jul 12, 2017 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

You are really valued as an intern and given great opportunities to learn. The company is growing at a rapid rate so there is always something new to learn.

Cons

It can get chaotic/disorganized because there is so much going on.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast Paced

Jun 6, 2017 - Production Operator in Mooresville, NC
      Business Outlook

Pros

fast paced environment, plenty of overtime if you want it, fast growing company that has plenty of room to grow

Cons

no a/c in the building.

Communications Specialist

Thank you for being a part of the Niagara Family and for providing this insight into working at Niagara. Your feedback is appreciated!

9. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company with potential but needs revamping at many levels

Jun 22, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Work environment is fast-paced -Company is growing by leaps and bounds and is constantly making progress -Water sale for employees -Internal transfers to other teams can be requested and are considered most of the times -Senior management is good and is taking initiatives to ensure work life balance, reduce work load (though progress on this front is slow)

Cons

There is a high turnover in the planning team which is the most important team in the organization and the reasons for the high turnover are as below -There is a layer of middle management between between analysts and senior managers/directors who were promoted owing to the management's fear of losing employees but are inexperienced, lack people skills and knowledge/technical skills which are worth imparting to others. - More than often the middle management takes credit for your work and are constantly on the look out for finding mistakes committed by analysts/ write them up/ throw them under the bus instead of understanding the cause for the mistake and training them to avoid the mistakes in the future. -The middle management lacks professionalism is incapable of encouraging professional development of team members and providing guidance or mentoring them in any fashion. -The pay disparity at each level is huge and merit/qualifications hold no importance in deciding the pay. Additionally, the pay is lower than the national average by 12-15%. - Don't expect to get a pat on the back for good or hard work.-It's goes unnoticed! The analyst/planner roles are great for candidates who are not hungry for learning and don't care much about professional development.

2 people found this review helpful

Communications Specialist

Thank you for acknowledging our fast-paced culture and internal talent transfer. As you mentioned, we are growing rapidly which has resulted in high internal promotion rates. This is part of what makes Niagara a great place to be. We understand that this also means our supervisors and managers are learning. We appreciate your thorough feedback and we will review your remarks with leadership. Thank you for everything you do!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Quality Manager

Jun 14, 2016 - Quality Assurance Manager in Aurora, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, build your own, great team members, growing company

Cons

None to mention at this time

Niagara Bottling Response

Thank you - we appreciate you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews