Niagara Bottling "long hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Niagara Bottling Employee Reviews about "long hours"

Updated Sep 5, 2019

3.7
Niagara Bottling President & CEO     Andy Peykoff II
Andy Peykoff II
Pros
  • "Niagara encourages a fast-paced work environment and continuous improvement(in 34 reviews)

• "The company is growing quickly and all are afforded the autonomy to make crucial decisions(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Some PDP's believe the work-life balance could use some improvements(in 27 reviews)

• "Long hours standing on your feet(in 11 reviews)

Reviews about "long hours"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Compliance Administrative Associate"

Current Employee - Compliance Administrative Associate in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Overall great place to work, friendly people and growing company. You gain a lot of knowledge from this company because it has so many departments. Niagara has great benefits for 401K, Dental, health, long term dis. and vision. They also offer side benefits like health GAP and a pet health discount card.

Cons

Long hours during the busy season and no employee college reimbursement program.

Advice to Management

Better training plan for new hires, when I was hired I needed more training that I had to ask for. It was taken care of but I think it shouldn't need to be requested.

Niagara Bottling2015-04-21
  2. "Good experience for business majors or those uncertain"

Current Employee - Professional Development Program in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

PDP allows you to experience many different aspects and departments of the business. The monthly meetings and group work is helpful in establishing connections. Those outgoing and looking for experience in many areas will succeed. The company is youthful and growing fast.

Cons

There are many growing pains because of the company expansion. Parking, conference rooms, and amenities (free food/provided Niagara drinks) run out fast and it can feel competitive trying to get to work. Many departments expect long hours of their employees. Some PDPs even have to be on their computers and working during the weekend. Not always the best work/life balance. Many new employees are thrown into the thick... of work because the staff is spread thin, which can be stressful. Benefits are not competitive and lacking. There is a good amount of turnover because of the work output expected of employees

Advice to Management

Improve benefits and PTO. Support employees through incentives and check in on employees to ensure they are feeling supported.

Niagara Bottling2019-09-05
  3. "Nice place to work"

Current Employee - Production Machine Operator in Stockton, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy job. Ok pay. Three day weekends every other week.

Cons

Long hours. Not much room for advancement beyond lead or supervisor.

Niagara Bottling2019-08-16

"maintenance"

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

They show employee appreciation with events quarterly. A lot of overtime. Opportunity to win car every year (if no safety issues throughout year)

Cons

Long hours standing on your feet. Hard to get quality people with good work ethic which makes your job harder and frustrating

Advice to Management

Weed out the employees that do not perform their job efficiently after their probation period is over, to make room for people that actually want to work and do a decent job.

Niagara Bottling2018-05-21

"Play along or else"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

the company, or better yet, my department was flexible with time and allowed you to work from home if needed. the coworkers at my level or lower were great to work with and a joy to support. they run the latest applications and throw money around, so you can get a lot of great skills to get your foot in the door at a better company.

Cons

leadership is lacking, and only supportive in theory. the only agenda is to put out fires, and to protect their bonuses. Turnover is high company wide, and is mostly ignored or presented falsely to the top brass. benefits are terrible, and investment into their employees is non existing. top levels are a boys club and team building is a frat drinking contest every time. expected to work long hours as they... prefer to be understaffed. they have no real idea on how things work, and expect you to do it cheap, and to be happy about it. PAYS LOW, even at corporate.

Advice to Management

get new management!

Niagara Bottling2018-04-10
  6. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time

Pros

Rapidly growing and therefore unlimited opportunities for growth

Cons

Long hours, ambiguity in roles, favoring loyalty than merit/intellect

Niagara Bottling2017-05-10
  7. "production"

I worked at Niagara Bottling

Pros

salary/pay benefits safe work conditions

Cons

long hours not enough staff

Niagara Bottling2016-11-08

"Production/Quality Assurance"

QA Technician in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling

Pros

fast pace environment with great opportunities for growth and great people to be around!

Cons

Work Life Balance can be a challange at times, LONG hours!

Advice to Management

Keep on hiring and promoting great talent.

Niagara Bottling2016-02-08

"Great Company To work For !!!!"

Former Employee - Warehouse Operative in Allentown, PA

I worked at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company if you are sincere and want to grow with the company!!!!!!!!!

Cons

Long hours but compensated with time off. wages could be better; Training provided to an operator to do the job really really needs looked at. Not enough training given.

Advice to Management

Do Not just make employee sign new rules and policy every few weeks without even thinking if it is even practically possible in such a fast pace environment.....

Niagara Bottling2015-07-14

"Awesome Company! Fast-Paced, Competitive & Courageous!"

Current Employee - Quality Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Niagara Bottling full-time for more than a year

Pros

The rate of growth creates opportunities everywhere to advance your career. The company invests in the latest & greatest technologies, and is kicking butt. Upper management have all earned my respect, and I'm excited to follow their lead as the company continues to grow. I look forward to hearing Mr. P speak during the annual updates and am proud to contribute to what he started over 50yrs ago. Happy to be on... Team Niagara!

Cons

While the company is improving in this area, there is so much growth that it's hard to put effective structure in place for some things that really need them. It's a fast-paced and "get it done" environment that not everyone is successful in. It can be a bit competitive, but I think that just the right amount of that can be a good thing. Not a good fit for people who aren't willing to work long hours or might... have come from a previous employer that had a more generous work/life balance culture. It is a "young" company, full of people dedicated to their job and willing to put a lot of hours in.

Advice to Management

Stay courageous and continue the family-based culture that we have today. It'd be cool if we could bring our dogs to work too...and wear shorts on Fridays.

Niagara Bottling2014-08-12