KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Niagara Bottling

Is this your company?

Niagara Bottling

Add a Review

Niagara Bottling Employee Reviews about "no work life"

Updated Jan 8, 2021

Found 11 of over 577 reviews

3.9
Niagara Bottling President & CEO     Andy Peykoff II
Andy Peykoff II
Pros
  • "Fast Paced, room for growth, friendly and helpful coworkers(in 41 reviews)

• "Fast growing company with many opportunities(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some PDP's believe the work-life balance could use some improvements(in 32 reviews)

• "Absolutely no work/life balance(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Niagara Bottling and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "no work life"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 2.0

Do not recommend

Jan 8, 2021 - Quality Technician in Albuquerque, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not a whole lot of pros.

Cons

There is no work life balance.

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We provide our Team Members with the proper resources to utilize to take care of themselves, including paid time off, breaks and lunch breaks. We are disappointed to hear that this was not your experience. Niagara emphasizes the importance of having a healthy work-life balance and we strive to provide the necessary opportunities to make this possible for everyone involved. We are continuously striving for improvement and we will take your feedback to the appropriate teams.

2. 1.0
      Current Freelancer

Not good

Sep 13, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay for working here

Cons

No work life balance here

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

HR is the circulatory system for the business, not a dumping ground

Sep 10, 2019 - Human Resources Analyst in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly people (not management), and supportive and great team work (not management).

Cons

benefits are terrible...........worse than Walmart. pay is low and manipulated by management. they do not pay competitively, they do not care unless you are directly involved with the core of production. use overtime to calculate total annual earnings like its a gift. no shift differential or any incentive to work graveyard. no work/life balance. the c-sweat is a fraternity, and little is cared other than copying and pasting what Mr. P built.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Intern

Thank you for leaving us a review. We understand that our manufacturing environment is fast-paced, and the timeliness that is crucial for running effectively can be challenging. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your coworkers and our culture of teamwork.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee

Don't Recommend working here.

Feb 19, 2019 - Shipping Associate/Dock Coordinator in Jupiter, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The work itself can be fulfilling at times. You'll meet some great people.

Cons

The manager micro-manages and treats their employees with no respect whatsoever. Workplace harassment and bullying as though we were not adults. High school culture. Only way to really succeed is by throwing team mates under the bus consistently instead of finding a solution as a whole. Absolutely no work/life balance. Yes you have more time off but you will spend your days off obsessed with you emails and hoping that you will not be attacked via email for something that had nothing to do with you. You will spend your days off just recovering from the mental and psychological stress that this place puts on you. Work loads are unrealistic for just 1 employee. High turn over and an unrealistic 10 point system where you will be fired as soon as you reach 10. 1.5 for a missing day and half a point for being late. It doesn't matter if someone in your family died or your late through no fault of your own. Points still stand for those unforeseen circumstances. Points don't fall off till after a year of the date when you got said point. Easy to be fired. Lots of favoritism. If you are not a yes man or on your managers favorites list you will not advance. I've had nothing but a negative experience here at Niagara. Manager does not listen. Does what he wants with an authoritarian attitude.

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

We are sorry that your experience working with us did not meet the high expectations that we set for ourselves. We encourage all Team Members to bring their concerns to their HR Manager so that we can address them together. Thank you for leaving a review and we are glad that you met some great people in the plant!

5. 2.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Great

Jul 1, 2019 - Maintenance Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

The way was equivalent to the work

Cons

There was No work life balance

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for leaving a review and being part of the Niagara Family!

6. 2.0
      Current Employee

When will the corporate greed end?

May 2, 2012 - Analyst in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They say it is good place to work. who are they?

Cons

There is no work/life balance. you become a corporate slave.

10 people found this review helpful
    7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor leadership in planning

Jun 13, 2016 - Strategic Planning
      Business Outlook

Pros

As others have mentioned in their reviews, the people are great to work with and the small team/family oriented culture (or at least what it used be before the company expanded so much). The amount of experience one can gain is tremendous and will definitely help towards building a solid resume. The perk of being able to work from home once a week was very helpful if your commute is long. There are multiple opportunities to grow within the company as they are expanding very rapidly. The company does provide you with a new phone (because you're on call 24-7) so that helps cutting down your current phone bill. The coffee machines are great and provides you multiple options to select from (until they take it away due to high maintenance cost from expansion).

Cons

Since 2015, the leadership has been very poor as there has been a new director in the team and the planning team has had suffered numerous setbacks and team members departing. The average lifespan of a planner is 18-24 months as people get burnt out due to lack of work life balance. Within the last year at least 10 people have left, including 4 managers so that shows the revolving door nature of the team. As a result of this, people are constantly being hired and trained and that takes time away and effort away on training for current team members. There is absolutely no work-life balance as a planner because you are expected on call 24-7 since the plants run 24-7. There is a bit favoritism within the company and they are able to move up quicker even though they may not the suitable person for the position. The compensation and benefits is definitely NOT competitive as they like to boast in their job postings. The company used to provide free lunches on Wednesdays during the summer months and bagels on Mondays, but that is no longer the case since they have gotten so much bigger (yet they can add multiple new Vice Presidents). The Logility implementation has been a failure due to a lack of IT resources dedicated for the project. You couldn't provide proper feedback on the project without the fear of getting fired as the planning leadership disapproved any such feedback.

7 people found this review helpful

Niagara Bottling Response

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear that you are no longer with Niagara. Please know that your experience was shared with leadership to discuss ways to improve.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Supply chain analyst

Oct 9, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

They will hire you even if you don't have any experience as they are always hiring due to constant departure of analysts from the company. They do sponsor work permits for international students

Cons

No work life balance, just forget about it, plants operate 24/7 so expect to be on call 24/7 Planning department leadership lacks experience and management skills, if you can survive 2+ year here ,you can also become a manager as by then all of your co-workers would be left and you will be the senior most team member. No training or structure, department is always in firefighting mode.. Join if you have no other option

4 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your experience. We pride ourselves on hiring based on a variety of factors, including culture fit, potential, and previous work experience. We encourage you to continue this conversation with your HR Generalist to see how we can address your concerns about work-life balance.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

It's a hot mess you NEED to stay away from!!

Nov 13, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work on a diverse number of projects. It'll work for a temporary job.

Cons

Extremely low pay for the number of things you do. There are no set policies in place. Tasks even policies change on a day to day basis. Management is the higher paid and better recognized when the little guy is the one carrying all the heavy weight. Standard e learning that no one has the time to complete because you are always extremely busy. Not a solid training program you just get thrown into the job. Always have and even today you will. No work/life balance whatsoever!

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 2.0
      Current Employee

Plant Engineer

Feb 13, 2018 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay. The company has lots of room to move up, lots of options for upward or lateral movement. They are doing well financially, definite job security.

Cons

No work life balance. On call 24/7. Insane work culture, definitely an old school mentality. People look down on you if you have hobbies or things you do outside of work because they have such a hard on for making water bottles they don't understand the concept of life outside of the factory.

1 person found this review helpful

Communications Specialist

Thank you for providing this feedback. Niagara is a lean machine and often times, this fuels our drive for continuous improvement in efficiency. Our smaller teams provide our Team Members the opportunity to learn a variety of skill sets which is great for career development. However, if work-life balance continues to be a challenge for you, please continue this conversation with your local HR Manager.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews