KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Niagara Bottling

Is this your company?

Niagara Bottling

Add a Review

Niagara Bottling Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 8, 2021

Found 44 of over 578 reviews

3.9
Niagara Bottling President & CEO     Andy Peykoff II
Andy Peykoff II
Pros
  • "Fast Paced, room for growth, friendly and helpful coworkers(in 41 reviews)

• "Fast growing company with many opportunities(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Some PDP's believe the work-life balance could use some improvements(in 32 reviews)

• "Absolutely no work/life balance(in 11 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Niagara Bottling and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Great Company to work for

Nov 16, 2020 - Professional Development Program in Diamond Bar, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast Paced, room for growth, friendly and helpful coworkers

Cons

IT issues sometimes, and sometimes it can be too fast paced. Not a good work life balance

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you being a part of our Niagara Family and for all the hard work you do.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Grow

Oct 28, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This environment is great if you are self-driven, motivated and willing to put in the extra time to make the position your own. As a fast-growing company, many of the job needs are developed on the fly. Most decisions have a direct impact to the overall bottom line and it is easy to see how you are influencing business decisions. Work-life balance is good. Management is willing to work with you when personal problems arise or there is a need to take time off. Managers have unlimited vacation. Benefits have been average, but are getting better. CEO is fantastic, motivating and continues to lead the company in the right direction.

Cons

The recent growth has lead to some issues hiring the right people and it is negatively impacting the culture. Newcomers seem to be too set on specific job descriptions and create unnecessary roadblocks for others. It slows down the pace that has made Niagara so successful. It is still early enough to recover from this, but management needs to see it and step in.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee

Do not recommend

Jan 8, 2021 - Quality Technician in Albuquerque, NM
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not a whole lot of pros.

Cons

There is no work life balance.

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We provide our Team Members with the proper resources to utilize to take care of themselves, including paid time off, breaks and lunch breaks. We are disappointed to hear that this was not your experience. Niagara emphasizes the importance of having a healthy work-life balance and we strive to provide the necessary opportunities to make this possible for everyone involved. We are continuously striving for improvement and we will take your feedback to the appropriate teams.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Focused, dedicated, team work to move the plant forwards

Sep 1, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team dynamic, data driven, work life balance, travel

Cons

Leadership decisions at the plant level

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you spent with us, and for all of your hard work.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to jump-start your career

Sep 11, 2019 - Professional Development Program
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The ability to rotate through different departments to figure out what youre passionate about. - A lot of team bonding events - A great amount of age, race, and gender representation - An abundance of growth opportunities - No micromanaging. You hit the ground running - Super friendly people - Brand new headquarters - Ability to work from home on Fridays (subject to approval by your supervisor) - Flexible work hours - Great place to jump-start your career - Abundance of projects and cross-departmental collaboration

Cons

- The program is only available to recent graduates - Some PDP's believe the work-life balance could use some improvements - While this is not necessarily a con, if you aren't someone who can handle a fast-paced and ever-changing company, this place may not be for you. Very much a sink or swim environment (but in the best way, teaches you to really push yourself)

Human Resources Intern

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you feel supported by our culture and benefits.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good experience for business majors or those uncertain

Sep 5, 2019 - Professional Development Program in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

PDP allows you to experience many different aspects and departments of the business. The monthly meetings and group work is helpful in establishing connections. Those outgoing and looking for experience in many areas will succeed. The company is youthful and growing fast.

Cons

There are many growing pains because of the company expansion. Parking, conference rooms, and amenities (free food/provided Niagara drinks) run out fast and it can feel competitive trying to get to work. Many departments expect long hours of their employees. Some PDPs even have to be on their computers and working during the weekend. Not always the best work/life balance. Many new employees are thrown into the thick of work because the staff is spread thin, which can be stressful. Benefits are not competitive and lacking. There is a good amount of turnover because of the work output expected of employees

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your helpful and candid feedback. We are glad you are enjoying the program and getting to know others in your cohort. We are very excited to move into our new Headquarters very soon and hope that alleviates some of your concerns around parking and collaborative spaces. We sincerely appreciate the hard work that all our Team Members, including PDPs, put in as we continue to grow rapidly.

7. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Miserable Miserable Miserable

Feb 18, 2020 - Engineer in Diamond Bar, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

You can drink all the water and beverages you want when you're working in the office.

Cons

No written process for anything. Everybody is walking around confused and don't know what's the right way to do things do they just it their own way. Then those people leave and now new employees are cleaning up the mess. The on-boarding is atrocious. They literally say "good luck" and dump you in a fire OR they don't give you anything to do for 6 months. There's no in between. The culture is toxic. Everybody is stepping over each other for a promotion. They like to put up this facade that management and employees are family but in reality, it's all garbage talk that entices you to work harder for them. They will get rid of you without a second thought to save money. Nobody has a passion for what they do here because they are forced to stay here because their visa is sponsored by Niagara. While other companies are becoming more progressive and allowing their employees a better work/life balance by offering good holidays, summer hours, and lenient work from home policies, Niagara is going the complete opposite direction. Holidays suck compare to the average and HR sent out an email recently forcing everyone to limit work from home hours and come to the office. The whole office knows that benefits suck.

5 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We provide our Team Members with the proper resources to utilize to take care of themselves, including paid time off, breaks and lunch breaks. We are disappointed to hear that this has not been your experience. Niagara emphasizes the importance of having a healthy work-life balance and we strive to provide the necessary opportunities to make this possible for everyone involved. At Niagara, safety is our priority and we conduct proper safety training and make sure that our Team Members are fully prepared to work in this environment. We provide our Team Members with the proper training they need in order to be successful here. We are continuously striving for improvement and we will take your feedback to the appropriate teams. Thank you for leaving us a review.

8. 1.0
      Current Freelancer

Not good

Sep 13, 2020 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Pay for working here

Cons

No work life balance here

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible

Mar 9, 2020 - Forklift Operator in Aurora, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free water during shift (just like anywhere else in the civilized world)

Cons

-New employees segregated by hair net color -Horrible cliquey culture -12 hour shifts with two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch -No "supply" role, so people pulling pallets from the line have to traverse the warehouse, pick supplies for the bottlers, load said supplies, and keep the lines moving by still unloading pallets -2-2-3 rotating schedule in conjunction with 12 hour shifts means 0 work/life balance

Talent Acquisition Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that working in a fast-paced production environment can be challenging, and we appreciate the long hours and effort that our team members put in, especially during our peak season. We aim to off-set these hectic days and show our appreciation through a variety of supportive initiatives, including competitive benefits, company contests, and a variety of employee perks. We will pass your feedback along to the appropriate teams as we strive to improve daily.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

HR is the circulatory system for the business, not a dumping ground

Sep 10, 2019 - Human Resources Analyst in Ontario, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly people (not management), and supportive and great team work (not management).

Cons

benefits are terrible...........worse than Walmart. pay is low and manipulated by management. they do not pay competitively, they do not care unless you are directly involved with the core of production. use overtime to calculate total annual earnings like its a gift. no shift differential or any incentive to work graveyard. no work/life balance. the c-sweat is a fraternity, and little is cared other than copying and pasting what Mr. P built.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resources Intern

Thank you for leaving us a review. We understand that our manufacturing environment is fast-paced, and the timeliness that is crucial for running effectively can be challenging. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your coworkers and our culture of teamwork.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 44 Reviews