Niagara Hospice Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "RN on call"

Former Employee - RN On Call in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - RN On Call in Lockport, NY

Pros

Rewarding work, great staff to work with, management has a open door policy you can walk in and talk

Cons

Heart breaking at times but you are providing much needed support to family and friends balances out

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work I have enjoyed working with such a great group of nurses, AIDS and management

"They need help!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Pros

The services they offer are wonderful. Good at the services they offer people from a care giving standpoint. Some good people in mid level management positions.

Cons

Breaking laws of HIPPA and EEOC every day. There is a lack of critical knowledge of employees relations and human resources which is leading to very upset employees. Managers not trained on laws and regulations as they relate to their employees. They do not treat their employees with respect. They talk a good game but then people come on board and are miserable and end up leaving quickly. Cannot handle growth of the new business, Liberty Home Care, KALOS health. A lot of turnover.

Advice to Management

Get a strong HR team so you don't end up with more law suits.
    CEO should back away from day to day and stop being a "dictator"

3. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

I have been working at Niagara Hospice (More than a year)

Pros

They are a bunch of Great People with Caring Hearts that care for End Of Life stages for patients and families. Makes the transition, a little easier for the pt and the families considering the life's changes they are going thru.

Cons

It can be heart breaking at times, but you have to look at the rewards as well to balance

Advice to Management

Keep up the Good Work and Keep your employees in mind with all the changes you do

4. "Niagara Hospice"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

I worked at Niagara Hospice full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Supporting patients and families at end of life is a wonderful but difficult job.

Cons

High Nurse turnover. Constantly changing overtime requirements. Promised wage increases not given. Case load expectations 18+ not including constant visits needed for symptom management, death visits and patient support.

Advice to Management

Management needs to hire more experienced nurses to start with and keep patient load to 13-15 to allow for patient visits and planning. Hire Triage RN's for staff support LPN staff is wonderful but limited in support ability.

5. "Niagara Hospice is an organization built by caring people who are passionate about the work they do."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lockport, NY

I have been working at Niagara Hospice full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Colleagues are great, management cares about the staff and know that if we are happy at work, our patients benefit from it.

Cons

Lack of funding to improve technology and services that could be provided if government realized the benefit of hospice care and the millions saved by utilizing hospice care.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in employees so we can recruit the best of the best.

6. "Working at Niagara Hospice has been an unforgettable learning experience that helped me grow personally & professionally"

Current Intern - Marketing and Public Relations Intern in Lockport, NY
    Current Intern - Marketing and Public Relations Intern in Lockport, NY

I have been working at Niagara Hospice as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

At Niagara Hospice, the most notable pro would be the great atmosphere that is always surrounding you because the management is always available and so passionate about this organization and there is cohesion among all of the employees. Everyone is always willing to help out when necessary and always thinking about Niagara Hospice instead of just themselves. There are many opportunities for employees to continuously learn and grow which is something I highly value. Despite having the title as intern, there has not been one day that I felt like I was an intern. Since day one I have been welcomed, trusted and I feel that my opinions and ideas matter. I know that having Niagara Hospice on my resume will help open many doors in my future and I honestly would not hesitate to come back here to work full-time.

Cons

The only thing that I have found to be an issue at Niagara Hospice is that sometimes things tend to get a bit disorganized because the staff is not extremely large, therefore many people have a lot of responsibilities and have some struggles juggling all of the work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - especially including employees opinions in your decisions and reaching out to everyone for ideas!

7. "Cares about no one but bottom line MONEY"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Niagara Falls, NY
    Former Employee - Coordinator in Niagara Falls, NY

I worked at Niagara Hospice part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice staff to work with.

Cons

Upper management thinks they are special and talk down to everyone! Phony!
    Low pay
    Not appreciated at all
    MONEY the bottom line NOT the caring for patients as should be

Advice to Management

Get rid of those who think they are all that because they are in a management position.