Nice-Pak Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert P. Julius

Pros
  • No layoffs , good people to work with (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to experiment - Making mistakes is regarded as opportunity to learn (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Locate Upper management very difficult to communicate with (in 10 reviews)

• No work life balance and no respect for employees (in 5 reviews)

"You're just a number"

Current Employee - Compounder in Mooresville, IN
    Current Employee - Compounder in Mooresville, IN

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overtime is always available, not sure if that's a Pro to everyone...

Cons

OVERTIME. Being drafted kills having a life outside of work.
    HR doesn't really stand for anything here... You push too hard or too much and you'll be let go, someone is always out there that needs a job.
    Unless you're someone's favorite, you shouldn't expect to get much done in your favor. This is more or less one place where if you go unnoticed, you're doing well. If you're name is known, it's not for a good reason.

Advice to Management

Treat your employee's better. Happy employees stick around.

"Changing for the Better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (More than a year)

Pros

New leadership team from the outside bringing best practices and structure to the organization. While we are not there yet clearly seeing a more strategic and focused team. Customers are seeing the value of the company and how we can help grow their business.

Cons

CEO still needs to empower organization instead of trying to make all of the decisions.

Advice to Management

Trust your people, the talent is here let it blossom.

"Culture So Toxic The EPA Should Be Notified"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Orangeburg, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Orangeburg, NY

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very little. There are some good people here, even some good management, but the good ones never last and are simply drowned out by the overwhelming majority of bad ones.

Cons

Never have I worked someplace where management is so deliberately offensive and rude to their employees. I know no person here that can say they do more than barely tolerate working at this place. The majority legitimately hate it, including me. I say this even though my boss is definitely not the worst one here.

The building we work in is really old. The furniture is broken and the walls and doors are really thin. I am in ear shot of the most toxic leadership for supply chain and some of marketing. They yell at people both in and out of their department like they were red headed step children that just stole from their purses. You can hear it through closed doors, confidential information is frequently included both in and outside of their departments. Some laugh and joke and feel like it's entertainment because it's not happening to them and while I've never been a part of these sessions, I write this feeling just as embarrassed hearing it as those receiving these beat downs must feel. These people suck any inspiration I may have had for my job here right out of me. Most of our efforts to do our jobs is at bare minimum because good ideas and hard work are rarely rewarded.

Bonuses are around the corner. Rumor has it maybe half of us will get them this year at least in partial. After that, folks will be fleeing this place like the building is on on fire.

Advice to Management

Fire everyone at director level and higher and start over.

"The Worst Is All Right Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Despite the poor execution of their day to day business, the company defies all odds and still manages to remain marginally profitable enough to stay in business. It has run into some profound luck over the years with gaining some market share among major customers even if the company's profitability margin has suffered.

Cons

After reading through about half the reviews on this company I noticed that the majority are either 1 star or 5 stars. Most are 1 star reviews and include details along with requests to management for positive change, if not a bit emotional and rant like, about what is seriously wrong with the company while if you notice the 5 star reviews exclude any real substance to them and look like a poor attempt by HR to boost the lousy image that Nice Pak has so deservedly earned.

Every example of what makes a bad place to work or what not to do that you have ever read on sites like LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, or major news sources can be found at this company. Poor communication and silo's between departments, favoritism, stifling of ideas and innovation, few or no recognition or rewards for performance, resistance to change, lack of empowerment and trust, and just terrible treatment of employees are all shining examples here. It is the worst in departments like marketing that do very little marketing despite fruitless efforts to promote brands, supply chain whose function has been more reactionary and current management is completely unapproachable, and product development that is little more than a poorly executed commercialization function.

If you are a performer at other solid, big name companies, you become a compromised employee at this company. Make waves, even with best business practices in mind, and you risk being boxed out or fired for causing those waves within the poor status quo that so much of senior management embraces.

Advice to Management

Look to the few people you have left that honestly want to do well and build on this. Major changes need to happen. Just not sure you are open to them because you think you are doing so well.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - VS OP I in Jonesboro, AR
    Current Employee - VS OP I in Jonesboro, AR

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Just got a pay increase, work is not too hard, management seems to really care now, company store, opportunities to move up, doesn't take forever to get a first shift job.

Cons

You go home smelling like baby wipes some days depending on what we are running, pay could be higher. Sometimes we are short-handed.

"Full Time Joke On Your Life For Part Time Pay"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

I worked at Nice-Pak full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Conveniently located near major highways for easy access by car. That is about all I can say when it comes to pros.

Cons

Upper management mistreats employees in the worst possible way allowable by law. work/life balance = 0, raises/bonus = 0. Your net worth to that company after putting in late nights, weekends, 14 hour days = 0. Pay and benefits are horrible for what you have to do to stay employed at this joke of a company.

Advice to Management

There is no advice worth giving to those who do not listen. I will not bother wasting my time on such fruitless efforts.

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mooresville, IN
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Mooresville, IN

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great pay and benefits!! Benefits start from day one!! I am able to make recommendations that are followed up on. Just got another raise. Got one in July and another one in December.

Cons

Not many. 12 hour shifts are hard to get used to but once you do they are okay to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees.

"The worse place I have ever worked.Line supervisors will falsify paper work to cover there butts."

Former Employee - Converter Opp in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Converter Opp in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

you can work 24/7, 12 hr shifts

Cons

Forced over time,Poor line managers, cant train you, Management needs alot of improvement, very high turn over 20-30 people a week, you have to kiss up alot not worth it, poor raises

Advice to Management

You need to check all paper work and investigate things by walking out and watching what goes on, instead of having blinders on

10. "Postive"

Pros

Great salaries with great incentives

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the company

"Not worth it. Don't care about employees"

Current Employee - Compounder in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Compounder in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Got a pay increase and took away years of service increase to not really give u an increase

Cons

Work here 20 years and get paid same as a new hire compounding is a joke save your time don't work here. Compounding is a trade and they treat it like anyone can do it.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what there worth national average for compounding is 22 an hr and you pay them 15 and 18. Shows how much they care.