Nice-Pak Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.7
Robert P. Julius

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great opportunities for improvement, and a great place for someone to really show what they can do (in 6 reviews)

• Decent pay, summer Fridays and bonus for some (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Locate Upper management very difficult to communicate with (in 9 reviews)

• No work life balance and no respect for employees (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Some of these negative reviews make no sense."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of these reviews make no sense to me. Company is improving in many ways, including new management. As a (very large) family-owned company I think the disgruntled are those who don't like change or were hoping to skate by in a culture that used to have little accountability. Also, I understand there is one former employee with multiple negative posts. Most of the people I work with are very happy with their jobs. It is a changing culture. Great opportunities for improvement, and a great place for someone to really show what they can do. Excellent access to senior management and owner. Very good compensation...just received bonus for second year in a row.

Cons

Sometimes decision-making is too slow. Accountability for some projects is better but still lacking and often this is the reason things don't get done timely. Also, we seem to be trying to do too much beyond what we are very good at.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive momentum...this is a vastly different company from 3 years ago, and headed the right direction.

2. "Have To Jump In and Say Something"

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time

Pros

I have been working at Nice-Pak for 2 years now, and I have to say, I'm stunned at some of the really harsh negative reviews on here. I recall reading some of these reviews when i was researching the company. After 2 years though, I have found very little to be so angry about that I would write such scathing reviews. Is the place perfect? No. But, find me the place that is. I know they exist, but they are few and far between.

I will admit, the buildings themselves do leave room for desire....especially the PDI building. It stinks. However, in the next year, PDI is moving into a new building in Montvale NJ and by all accounts is a VERY nice modern office building offering many cool things.

Another issue I've read a lot about is bonuses. There are a lot of reviews killing the company over not getting promised bonuses. First, bonuses are not a part of your salary. They are contingent on the company meeting it's financial goals each year. So, no one should ever just expect their bonus. And it is true in past years, bonuses have not always been fully realized. However, since I have been here, full bonuses were given out last year (2016), and we are on pace to receive full bonuses at the end of this year (2017). When I interviewed with the CFO, he even mentioned that in the past, bonuses have been an issue, but that since he has been here, he has made bonuses an absolute priority. It seems to me, the company has found it's bearings over the last couple years and growth has been happening.

I work with good people. Nice people. Are there some temperamental, moody folks as peers and in higher management? Yes. But, again, find me the place where you don't have to deal with that! So, you can count me in as someone who is not like that.

Pay is decent. It's not great. It's fair. So, I can't complain. I heard read nightmares about work/life balance, but I honestly have not found that an issue at all...and I'm in management.

Nice holiday schedule. Summer hours.

Cons

The current PDI building stinks. It's almost funny that it's accepted as a workable environment. But, nice new modern building coming in 2018.

They do not get high marks in providing the best tools for their employees. I find this to be a frustrating issue. It's really time to invest in some of the companies systems.

Advice to Management

Pay a little closer attention to the employee and invest in them a little more. There are good folks here who want to do a good job for you. You need to, in turn, invest in them. Help them do a better job for you. It's time to upgrade some of the companies systems.

3. "Not a bad job for the pay."

Current Employee - Warehouse in Plainfield, IN
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Plainfield, IN

Pros

Lots of overtime throughout the year. There is no other pros for this company.

Cons

No home time! They don't care if you have a day off its always company first!!

Advice to Management

Pay more money!!

4. "You get out what you put in"

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time

Pros

Great opportunities if you are hard-working and willing to go the extra mile

Cons

Some individuals can be difficult to deal with. Overall, colleagues are helpful and fun.

"You will be talking about this job for years"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orangeburg, NY

I worked at Nice-Pak full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent pay, summer Fridays and bonus for some. Benefits are not too bad. Bagel Friday if you show up early enough.

Cons

When you talk about that one place of horror and disbelief in your career, Nice Pak will be that place. If you do not believe this review. Refer to the other 3 out of 4 bad reviews on this site that their legal team has not battled Glassdoor to remove. Shame too because there have been some very realistic and accurate reviews regarding specific areas that need improvement as well as examples of what management does at this place. Don't believe the reviews? Talk to anyone that works there below senior management level and doesn't work in HR. To be honest, most directors and higher feel the same way if they are being truthful with you. Don't believe the employees? Go for an interview, pay attention to anything past the lobby where you walk in. Furniture is ancient and falling apart. Cubicles look like a toddler put the floor plan together. Wallpaper and ceilings are dirty and stained from whatever. Many of the offices are converted from closets and storage rooms. Messy desks are loaded with old product. They could balance the disgusting work conditions by treating employees with respect and dignity, but instead the decor is a reflection of how much management cares about employees at this place and many employees care about their jobs. Blatant abuse and mistreatment of employees across the board.

Advice to Management

Nice Pak management needs an overhaul as bad as the decor does in that place.

6. "Company that cares about it's employees"

I have been working at Nice-Pak full-time

Pros

Nice-Pak always tries to promote from within.

Cons

Nice-Pak is still working to standardize policies and procedures across all locations.

"Poor Management Style"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, IN

I worked at Nice-Pak full-time

Pros

Good healthcare and other benefits.

Cons

Management put pressure on OIT 's when they need more time to gain certification. They put you on something called a PIP. A performance plan that makes you so nervous to even perform correctly. Its my opinion that it may as well be called a failure plan. May as well start looking for a new job as it feels like a plan to fire you.

Advice to Management

I heard about culture change for the better. Never felt it from management my time there. No wonder people won't stay and quitting.

8. "Packer"

Former Employee - Packer in Mooresville, IN
    Former Employee - Packer in Mooresville, IN

I worked at Nice-Pak full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits and the people who works there

Cons

high turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Hire more people that actually wants to work

"America's Worst Company"

I worked at Nice-Pak full-time

Pros

Location is the only positive thing about this company if you live in Rockland County, NY.

Cons

Only the aged executives are paid well, but don't really work and there is absolutely no team work here, no new ideas, no innovations, no regard for staff and no future. The old guard are threatened by anyone who thinks out of the box. Do not put this company on your resume if you don't want to sabotage your career.

Advice to Management

You won't care, but listen to your staff who have innovative ideas how to build company morale. Pay employees competitively and not what you can get away with.

"HR: Stop misleading people with positive reviews"

I worked at Nice-Pak full-time

Pros

Fair salary and benefits. Great products to work with, best in class.

Cons

The most toxic culture I've ever experienced. No recognition or opportunities for development, backstabbing-throw-under-the-bus culture. Lack of focus from management will drive you away from result and you'll be blamed for it. HR is worthless they will not support you in anyway. HR should focus their energy in solving the internal problems and stop writing positive reviews, you can tell by the jargon is them writing. Misleading people in would only make the ambiance worst.

Advice to Management

Let people do their job, work on improving the culture, provide opportunities to grow and re-structure your management team.