Nichols plc Reviews | Glassdoor

Marnie Millard

1. "Great Culture"

Former Employee - Supply Chain
    Former Employee - Supply Chain

I worked at Nichols plc full-time

Pros

I worked at Vimto for 6 years and really enjoyed my time there. The culture is great and being a team player is highly valued. Management are very responsive and it is generally an open door policy at director level. The company structure is flat and you will gain exposure to things you may otherwise not in a larger blue chip FMCG business. Job perks are excellent too (share save, holiday home etc..)

Cons

The flat structure naturally limits opportunities for progression but as mentioned above, you will gain exposure to many exciting projects and have greater autonomy/responsibility within your role.

2. "Would not reccommend"

I worked at Nichols plc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am struggling to find any good reasons as to why I stayed with this company for almost 2 years. I guess some advantages include (somewhat) flexibile conditions and generous holiday package (25 days / year).

Cons

Where to start..? It's been almost a year since I left the company and I am still shocked and dissapointed by my experience there. Professionaly, there was a complete lack of management support, high staff turn-around and just a general unahppy office vibe. My line manager was ok, although she had a lot on her plate resulting in out weekly "catch-ups" tranforming in monthly ones, no developement programme whatsoever and some of the line managers I worked with were outright rude. I think the most dissapointing thing for me was lack of feedback, I was struggling in my role and instead of giving me constructive criticism, I was hearing things from other people. I also got shouted and sweared it - I am extremely glad I got out of there, and would never return no matter how much money was on offer.

Advice to Management

Develop clear goals
    Train your staff
    Make use of development programmes
    Stick to review meetings