Nielsen Technical Account Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Technical Account Manager

4.0

Pros
Cons

"Stretched far to thin to be effective"

Current Employee - Technical Account Manager
    Current Employee - Technical Account Manager

I have been working at Nielsen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nielsen is honestly a fantastic company to work for. Very good culture, great work environment, pay and benefits. This is one of the best companies I've ever worked for, and I would happily spend my entire career here if they would take steps to make our jobs a little easier.

Cons

Work and client load is far too heavy. I can multi-task, but I can't hyper-task. There is just simply far too many things, names, clients and tasks to keep track of at one time. This role is starting to ask me to hyper task far beyond what i'm capable of.

This place is a giant boondoggle of red-tape with layers of processes on top of processes, with new ones being added all the time. It's nearly impossible to keep up with what the current "Best Practices" are, since these updates and training documents typically are sent via email, along with the the 200+ other pieces of communication you recieve on a daily basis, so everything gets lost in the noise.

Advice to Management

The DAR family of products has grown far faster that we have the capacity to handle them. Priority MUST be put on getting more people staffed and trained to handle the workload, and an investment in systems that make managing clients simpler. Each individual in our group is asked to handle far too many accounts to give any one of them a reasonable amount of service. There are far to many tools and processes to handle far too many clients for any one person. It's a constant, high intensity juggling act, and having to manage so many clients and campaigns at once means that almost none of them get any more than very thin attention, and many of us are getting burned out.