Found 329 of over 9K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Nielsen
Data and Analytics in Advertising & Marketing
5 months ago
Really interested in learning more about Nielsen/IRI/SPINS. Anyone willing to connect and/or provide a referral? Tons of experience in data analysis and account management, and enjoy using data to provide recommendations. Would really love to work with CPG. Thanks! IRI SPINS Nielsen
Jobs in Tech
8 months ago
How often do sales/account executives move across industries? Is domain/industry experience considered a requirement for the job, or something you will pick up along the way as long as you are a solid sales executive. For example, would an account executive at Nielsen(market research firm) be considered a good fit for account executive position at Linkedln (tech)?
Career Advice for Students
a year ago
Millersville University Of Pa
Anyone knows who are the best recruiters in the USA or any successful referrals program? I am looking for a job in the technology sector for an entry-level and I am having a hard time finding a job Deloitte Disney Streaming Services Maximus Morgan Stanley Tesla Infosys Limited Amazon Nielsen Visa
Got a burning question about Nielsen? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Nielsen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "People are great and mgmt always keeps us posted on latest changes from the top...even though the change seldom trickles down." (in 552 reviews)
- "good work life balance and quality of work" (in 349 reviews)
- "The Culture at Nielsen is great and allows you to enjoy walking into work every day" (in 311 reviews)
- "Nielsen India has a flexible work from home benefit for some (depends on your tenure, team and designation" (in 247 reviews)
- "Benefits are good and so is pto" (in 224 reviews)
- "Low salary because there are not many jobs out there comparable to what we do." (in 428 reviews)
- "low pay given the work and effort you put in" (in 270 reviews)
- "poor management sometimes" (in 252 reviews)
- "The managers have no responsibilities and are only there to mange employees like cows and buffalos." (in 118 reviews)
- "Long hours are expected of you and very rarely recognized (depending on your role)." (in 104 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Nielsen and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "working hours"Return to all Reviews
- 4.0Mar 16, 2017Market Research ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHo Chi Minh City
Growing culture encourages proactiveness, innovativeness, and ownership of responsibility. Greatly supportive and friendly colleagues. Minimal politics.
Intensive and long working hours.
- 4.0Feb 27, 2017Consumer Insight ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKarāchi
Constant Learning, People Friendly Environment and Good Managers
Monotony and the working hours are uncertain as they depend on the nature of a project
- 4.0Jan 21, 2021Senior ConsultantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Big, well known company with a strong reputation across the industry Work with a range of different clients and gain alot of experience Pay is good Support and management are good Training is good, but better in some areas than others Very flexible with working from home, self management etc You have the authority to make decisions Benefits are good
Can be long and stressful working hours Difficult to make impactful change due to the size In some cases progression and opportunity is not obvious Social culture is limited and there's not a hugely social community
- 4.0Feb 28, 2021Research ExecutiveFormer Employee, more than 1 yearJakarta
Learnt a lot about market research in this company. I had 2 mentors that I admire and always provide guidance for me in doing my work
Work hours is sometimes off limit (due to nature of working in an agency)
- 4.0Jul 2, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeSingapore
Flexible working hours and friendly working environment. Everyone is willing to teach/guide you.
Long working hours and remuneration are not attractive enough.1
- 4.0Aug 7, 2021Manager, Consumer InsightsCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsDubai
A good place to work for research and analytical minds, you can choose the different verticals as your interest and experience
Sometimes long working hours and you required to be always available for the client servicing. get a bit tedious at times
- 4.0May 6, 2021Finance Leadership Development ProgramCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearChicago, IL
Able to contribute a ton to various teams in a 2 year period and you learn a ton while accelerating your career.
Working more than 40 hour work weeks to learn new teams and systems on top of your weekly responsibilities