Nigel Frank International Reviews in New York, NY | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nigel Frank International CEO James Lloyd-Townshend
James Lloyd-Townshend

Pros
  • The targets to progress in the business are challenging but very achievable with hard-work (in 38 reviews)

• Great opportunities to make a lot of money (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • The most successful people work that little bit extra so work-life balance can be difficult (in 32 reviews)

• You do need to work long hours at the beginning of your career in order to get ahead of your peers (in 62 reviews)

"Nigel Frank is growing for a reason!"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY

Pros

-very relaxed environment
    -ideal location
    -young, hip company culture
    -opportunity to grow YOUR OWN business
    -caring management
    -great pay + benefits

Cons

The hours are long. An average day is 8am-6pm. Especially if you're commuting from Long Island, this can take quite a toll on you.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the constructive criticism, it is helping us all grow our business and improve each and every day

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Welcome aboard! It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying your time with us as we work hard to ensure that Nigel Frank is a fun and energetic place to work. We agree that this is a great ... More

"Once in a life time opportunity!"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll never find an opportunity like the one given at here at NFI. This was my first job out of college and was surprised to be a part of such an inviting, rewarding, and fun organization. An extremely transparent organization, promotions and progression through NFI are purely merit-based; I'd never thought that I would have the opportunity to manage other consultants so soon into my career.

Cons

This job is a perfect example of "you get out what you put in" - in other words, you yourself are in full control of your success here. Although given enormous support and the tools to be successful, its ultimately up to you to determine the level of your own success. If you want to be a top performer, you're going to have to put in the hard work.

Advice to Management

Loving the weekly games we're playing on the sales floor to drive productivity. Really happy to see more of those; I'd love to continue doing them.

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Congratulations on your promotion to Manager - you're a fantastic example of the home-grown talent we like to encourage at Nigel Frank! We absolutely agree that this is an opportunity for focused and ... More

"Strong Culture, Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been part of the business in New York for about a year now; since joining there has been a great amount of positive change throughout the business. Some of the things that have changed is that the management have become more interactive, the training, known as FRG University have implemented more structure in order for people to come onto the 'real sales floor' well prepared for the majority of scenarios, the culture has massively improved with targeted games being implemented on a weekly basis giving the office a real buzz!!

Additionally, we have a new EVP that has come across from the UK business which has really helped, the energy and overall positive attitude he implements on a daily basis is great. I never thought that someone at their level would be happy to sit with consultants to help them on calls and give them additional 1 on 1 training.

If you want to work for a business whereby it is hard work, but you are rewarded for it, then Nigel Frank is the place to be!

Cons

Of course there are going to be a few, however these were highlighted in my interview. The hours are long, although you aren't pressured to be here for the sake of it. It seems the more time you put in, the easier it is to get up to speed quicker, I got promoted to Senior within 9 months being in the business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, it seems a lot of training has been implemented for the Management of recent, so ensure you put the theory into practice and share that knowledge!

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Congratulations on your promotion to Senior - especially after such a short time with us. You're a fantastic example of what can be achieved with hard work and dedication so very well done to you ... More

"Manager"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people make this job. A lot of like minded people who want to work hard and progress their careers as quickly as they can

Cons

Long hours and difficult if you want to have a good work life balance

Advice to Management

401K, better benefits especially for people who have been here longer

Apr 4, 2017 – Director

Many thanks for this review - we absolutely agree that the key to this role is a positive and focused attitude combined with a desire to develop yourself and grow in your career. Whilst it can entail ... More

"Working For Frank Group"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make a great living and have a terrific career opportunity.

Cons

Work very long hours. You truly do get what you put in though.

Apr 6, 2017 – Director

Hi, it’s fantastic to hear your time at Nigel Frank has allowed you to give yourself a comfortable lifestyle. We understand the hours are long and this can be tiring, but our excellent commission and ... More

"Fun Adventure"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Opportunity for fast career growth
    -Work with amazing people
    -Potential for exceptional earnings
    -Ability to navigate career
    -Company incentive trips
    -Fine dining, monthly meetings
    -Fast paced & challenging environment

I feel very confident in this company, which is why I recommended it to a close friend of mine who has been doing very well in his time here and also received a few promotions.

Cons

-Long hours, but this is told to most people up front and something that is fairly typical in NYC
    -Takes some time to get ramped up, but once you do the earnings can be pretty amazing

Advice to Management

Try to keep the messages the same and focus on it for some time as it takes some time for new habits to form.

Apr 6, 2017 – Director

It’s great to hear that the benefits we offer our consultants at Nigel Frank are recognised and drive you to do your best! We’re always looking for dynamic individuals to join our growing team, so ... More

"Great Place to Work if you want to make a lot of money"

Current Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and give this job your all then you can make a huge amount if money here! It is definitely a lot of long hours, persistence and hard work- but if you have goals to make a lot of money early in your career so you can have a more comfortable future further down the line then NFI offers exactly that. In the time I have been here I have been able to save more than I ever thought possible coming straight from college and have moved through the ranks here quickly when you compare to my friends in other recruitment companies and different industries completely.

My friends may have a lot more spare time than me but for where my goals are in my career I am considerably further along.

I would say though that it really is a tough job. The hours are long and you are doing a large amount of cold calling on a daily basis. This is not for someone who is just looking for a first job out of college where you can coast along.

For me, the biggest factor apart from the career opportunity is definitely the people. Generally it is a company full of young competitive people who may not have all the skills needed when starting- but have the determination to make it work anyway. Some of my closest friends work here who I never knew before starting and that culture in the business is what makes the hard days worth while and the overall day to day a lot of fun.

Cons

There is a lot of rejection and long hours in this position so you need thick skin.

Mar 29, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We completely agree that the opportunity Nigel Frank presents for college graduates to get a leap up in their first job is incredible. Through our ... More

"Awesome place to work hard and play hard"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commission, incentives, culture, growth. Management wants you to do well and helps you reach your goals

Cons

Hours, rejection, crazy candidates- probably similar to any other sales/recruitment job

Advice to Management

Keep driving the awesome culture, offer more incentives, and improve your internal technology

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

You're absolutely correct in your view that we want you to achieve your goals and that we're fully invested in supporting you at every step of your journey. Our culture is heavily focused on ... More

"Senior Consultant View"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Guarantee no other company can offer a candidate out of college the potential to earn $100k+
    -Solid Bonus Structure
    - Fun Incentives
    -Positive Sales Experience
    -Great First Job out of College
    -Great Location (Fidi area)
    -Young Environment
    -Work Hard Play Hard
    -We are all in this together attitude

Cons

Long hours. To be successful here you need to devote over 50 hours a week to your work. This is because you are on other peoples time. The company places candidates with a 1% unemployment rate so 99 out of 100 calls are to people who have jobs. Due to this, a candidate might not be able to speak with you until after working hours. This is no surprise it was told in my interview - still sucks at times.

The after hour leave. Management does look at people who do "leave early" It sucks, but if you have done your job to the best of your ability and prepped for tomorrow - I see no reason not to leave.

No 401k - heard they are working on this though.
    Structure times. 830-530 unless you work west coast hours.
    Micromanagement at times.

Advice to Management

Once the job is done for the day, let us go without the "oh you are taking a half day"
    visible targets for next steps (post getting to Senior)

Apr 6, 2017 – Director

Thank you for leaving your review. We have an unrivalled commission structure allowing you to earn on all the deals you make and it’s wonderful to hear this works in motivating you. We understand ... More

"AMAZING 5+ Years!"

Former Employee - Management in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Management in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have spent the last 5+ years at the Frank Recruitment Group. I joined as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant and grew within the organization. One of the top perks of working at this company is the organic growth model. I have had the opportunity to take over and manage our highest revenue desk, the opportunity to take on a special project for our President of America’s and the opportunity to help build out one of our biggest initiatives in FY17. The majority of the management team is homegrown which not only helps keep our processes in line, but it also builds a great culture that trickles down to our Trainees. Our NYC office is an amazing example of that.

I have had the opportunity to travel to New Castle, London, San Francisco, Miami and more and have gained incredible experience. Experience not only in sales, but people management as well.

Did I mention the money you can make? You have an amazing opportunity to make a ton of money.

The People: This office is like no other. I have personally made tons of life long friends from this business, and I guarantee that you will too.

Cons

No organization is perfect. I have had the opportunity and front row seat to see a company grow from 15 people in the USA to 5 USA offices and 1000+ worldwide.

I have seen the company go from no formal management training to a full training program for management. I see this as a huge investment and should help individuals to be better “people managers” and help increase retention throughout the business. I am confident this will happen.

I see people complaining about a work-life balance? This job is not for everyone. It is a lot of work. Be prepared to work SMART and HARD! It will pay off.

Advice to Management

Again, I have seen a lot of improvement amongst myself, and my previous peers, but make sure to really understand your people. Why are they there? What motivates them? What can you do to work with them to help them become better? Make sure each and every person on that desk feels as though they have a purpose for being there everyday.

Mar 29, 2017 – Director

It's always great to receive such a detailed and comprehensive review - thank you so much for this! Nigel Frank is continuing to grow and adapt at pace, and it's been great to have you with us along ... More