Nigel Frank International Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Nigel Frank International CEO James Lloyd-Townshend
James Lloyd-Townshend

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The targets to progress in the business are challenging but very achievable with hard-work (in 37 reviews)

• Great opportunities to make a lot of money (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • The most successful people work that little bit extra so work-life balance can be difficult (in 37 reviews)

• You do need to work long hours at the beginning of your career in order to get ahead of your peers (in 67 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love this place, alot of fun, great opportunity

Cons

A lot of hours for most of the week

May 10, 2017 – Director

Many thanks for leaving your review - we agree that a career with Nigel Frank is a great opportunity and it's great to hear that you're enjoying yourself!

2. "total disregard to ones time"

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

you can make a lot of money if you work extra hard

Cons

expect to have zero time that is not work related

Advice to Management

recognize that there should be a life outside of work

Aug 31, 2017 – Chief Operating Officer

One of the best aspects of a career with Nigel Frank, as you rightly suggest, is the ability to take control of your earnings – commitment and dedication to the role will always reap rewards! We... More

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great team
    - Young office
    - Fun First Thursday's
    - Some good management, the ones that started with NFI in America, but the ones that they brought over from the U.K., not so much (75% of management)

Cons

- Ridiculously low base salary (the fact that they call it "competitive" is a joke)
    - No work life balance
    - micromanaging is terrible here
    - ALL you do is cold call (Once again, the fact that they said it's a "small" part of the job is a joke! 80% of your time cold calling clients)
    - Crappy computers and computer systems that make being productive hard bc they're constantly crashing
    - Most of the higher ups are brought over from the UK and don't understand the American market
    - Long and unnecessary training program - you learn WAY more being on the desks with your team. They don't train you on the things you need to know in training.
    - Clients hate the name Nigel Frank because of the practices we take
    - Did I mention terrible base salary?

Advice to Management

Tell the truth to people during interviews. Stop telling them that 3/4 people make over 75k in their first year because that's just not true. Maybe 5 years ago it was, but now that all you do is hire more and more people and cut back territories, it's a blatant lie.
    Stop telling us when people bring up raising the base salary to "do more deals" because we're all here to try to do deals, it's just not as easy as it was when the company first came to the US. Clients know NFI now, and most have a negative connotation of us because of the endless calls/emails from multiple different people on a daily basis.
    Contracts vs Perm is getting bad. All they do is fight over positions and lie to each other and act sneaky to get a deal. The entire company is snakes.
    If you eliminated contracts/perm and just gave someone a territory and if they pulled a job they could work it, people would be happier, and clients that have multiple MS products wouldn't have 8 different people calling and emailing them on a daily basis

May 8, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, although we're sorry that you are not enjoying your time with us. We're glad that you feel you've bonded well with your team and that you enjoy the... More

"Nigel Frank is growing for a reason!"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY

Pros

-very relaxed environment
    -ideal location
    -young, hip company culture
    -opportunity to grow YOUR OWN business
    -caring management
    -great pay + benefits

Cons

The hours are long. An average day is 8am-6pm. Especially if you're commuting from Long Island, this can take quite a toll on you.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the constructive criticism, it is helping us all grow our business and improve each and every day

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Welcome aboard! It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying your time with us as we work hard to ensure that Nigel Frank is a fun and energetic place to work. We agree that this is a great... More

"Strong Culture, Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been part of the business in New York for about a year now; since joining there has been a great amount of positive change throughout the business. Some of the things that have changed is that the management have become more interactive, the training, known as FRG University have implemented more structure in order for people to come onto the 'real sales floor' well prepared for the majority of scenarios, the culture has massively improved with targeted games being implemented on a weekly basis giving the office a real buzz!!

Additionally, we have a new EVP that has come across from the UK business which has really helped, the energy and overall positive attitude he implements on a daily basis is great. I never thought that someone at their level would be happy to sit with consultants to help them on calls and give them additional 1 on 1 training.

If you want to work for a business whereby it is hard work, but you are rewarded for it, then Nigel Frank is the place to be!

Cons

Of course there are going to be a few, however these were highlighted in my interview. The hours are long, although you aren't pressured to be here for the sake of it. It seems the more time you put in, the easier it is to get up to speed quicker, I got promoted to Senior within 9 months being in the business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, it seems a lot of training has been implemented for the Management of recent, so ensure you put the theory into practice and share that knowledge!

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Congratulations on your promotion to Senior - especially after such a short time with us. You're a fantastic example of what can be achieved with hard work and dedication so very well done to you... More

"You get what you put in."

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Uncapped commission.
    2. Promotion targets based off of performance, not managers decisions or time spent with the company.
    3. The opportunity to manage your own book of business.
    4. Leadership potential.

It also has an environment that allows you to succeed. If you have the drive you can make it here, it's not easy but it's worth it.

Cons

1. Stressful
    2. Long hours (depending on the day)
    3. Poor team structures
    4. Managers who pay more attention to top billers rather than training the consultants struggling.

Advice to Management

1. Create an environment that puts less pressure on the new starters. Allow them more time to understand the process before giving them the pressure of closing a deal. This causes them to skip steps and hinders their performance rather than helping.

2. Find a way to promote a team culture where consultants want to pass leads and share candidates. We currently have a selfish mindset, even between teammates.

Mar 20, 2017 – Director

One thing that sets Nigel Frank apart from other workplaces is the emphasis we put on rewarding commitment and dedication. We absolutely believe that those who work hardest should be allowed to... More

"recruitment consultant"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-young. vibrant office
    -training is good
    -location is nice
    -many of the people are kind

Cons

-endless cold calling while being micromanaged incessantly by your manager
    -very unethical. managers openly tell you to lie to clients/candidates, training tells you the same. tests your professional/ethical limits
    -base salary is low, also paid monthly.
    -i echo the 'cult like feeling' other reviewers say.
    it's like the north korea of recruitment agencies
    -tho a young office is a plus in some ways, it can also be unprofessional at times.

Advice to Management

lol

Mar 10, 2017 – Director

Our comprehensive training plan is an excellent foundation for your career in recruitment and we’re glad that you enjoyed it. Creating a strong, collaborative culture in the workplace is something... More

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-co-workers like to go out
    -drinking encouraged (sometimes too aggressively)
    -incentives
    -young office (everyone is under 30)

Cons

-long hours
    -job consists of pretty much cold calling all day long
    -low base salary
    -unrealistic quotas
    -unhappy coworkers
    -high stress levels
    -a lot of lying involved

Advice to Management

-Make quotas more manageable
    -create less stressful environment
    -be more honest to candidates applying to work at Nigel Frank

Feb 14, 2017 – Director

Thank you for leaving us this review. We offer a competitive base salary as our employees benefit from a non-capped commission policy where their earnings are only limited by their success. Whilst... More

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Work ethic, sales experience. Makes you work on the edge of your seat ready for anyone to come scream in your ear. You will be ready for any earthquake.

Cons

Talk to you like you're worthless, They don't care about you, pay you absolute minimum, make you believe that you're going to make a lot of money when the company barely makes any themselves. Managers are 24 with this place being their first jobs and love the power of having authority but dont actually teach you anything.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and perhaps there will be more of a less employee turnaround rate and better reviews on this company!

Feb 14, 2017 – Director

We’re saddened to hear you felt this way while working with us. Recruitment at Nigel Frank allows those who are determined and dedicated to reap the rewards of their work. Team members are always on... More

"Overworked and Underpaid"

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive training. Probably the worst job you will ever have so it only will get better from there. Extremely structured environment if that's what you are into.

Cons

Hours are ridiculous. Micro-managed. Tedious work. Minimal vacation days.

Advice to Management

Chill out!

Dec 16, 2016 – Director

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at Nigel Frank. It’s a shame to read you felt this way while with us. We do have an extensive training programme in place, which allows... More