Nigel Frank International Recruitment Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nigel Frank International CEO James Lloyd-Townshend
James Lloyd-Townshend

Pros
  • I would recommend this company to anyone due to the life changing nature of what can happen with hard work and a positive never give up attitude (in 32 reviews)

• Great opportunities to make a lot of money (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • It can be very hard having a work-life balance with this position as well (in 28 reviews)

• very very long hours and cold calling (in 45 reviews)

"Working Hard to Have Fun"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International (Less than a year)

Pros

When I started at Nigel Frank four months ago, all I wanted was for my work environment to be anything but a cubicle surrounded by old grumpy people. Luckily, I found the right place. Nigel Frank is a company full of vibrant, youthfully exuberant, kind, compassionate, and hard working individuals who strive to create a close-knit community and a platform to raise your own personal standards, while simultaneously making a ton of money. I sit each day next to my best friends, and whether it's for 8 hours, or we're working late at night, I can always count on the fact that my work time will be enjoyable. The work itself is also great, you get the opportunity to hear about people in different locations and their experiences and the ability to become a part of their lives is really rewarding.

Cons

The hours can be exhaustive, as every sales job requires high densities of pressure; filled with deadlines, requirements, and pledges, however the hours do create a really strict routine that becomes second nature. I commute 2 hours each way, so the hours effect me more than others, however the time I spend at work is always worth it. The paychecks are remarkable, and the time spent at work you are surrounded by incredible, hardworking and influential people.

Advice to Management

Keep creating a fun environment where every individual has the ability to move up quickly, and make a ton of money.

Feb 7, 2017 – Director

Thank you very much for your review, we are so pleased to hear about your experience and thank you for taking the time to leave a review. This will certainly be very helpful for prospective ... More

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-co-workers like to go out
    -drinking encouraged (sometimes too aggressively)
    -incentives
    -young office (everyone is under 30)

Cons

-long hours
    -job consists of pretty much cold calling all day long
    -low base salary
    -unrealistic quotas
    -unhappy coworkers
    -high stress levels
    -a lot of lying involved

Advice to Management

-Make quotas more manageable
    -create less stressful environment
    -be more honest to candidates applying to work at Nigel Frank

Feb 14, 2017 – Director

Thank you for leaving us this review. We offer a competitive base salary as our employees benefit from a non-capped commission policy where their earnings are only limited by their success. Whilst ... More

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Work ethic, sales experience. Makes you work on the edge of your seat ready for anyone to come scream in your ear. You will be ready for any earthquake.

Cons

Talk to you like you're worthless, They don't care about you, pay you absolute minimum, make you believe that you're going to make a lot of money when the company barely makes any themselves. Managers are 24 with this place being their first jobs and love the power of having authority but dont actually teach you anything.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees and perhaps there will be more of a less employee turnaround rate and better reviews on this company!

Feb 14, 2017 – Director

We’re saddened to hear you felt this way while working with us. Recruitment at Nigel Frank allows those who are determined and dedicated to reap the rewards of their work. Team members are always on ... More

"Overworked and Underpaid"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Extensive training. Probably the worst job you will ever have so it only will get better from there. Extremely structured environment if that's what you are into.

Cons

Hours are ridiculous. Micro-managed. Tedious work. Minimal vacation days.

Advice to Management

Chill out!

Dec 16, 2016 – Director

Hi, thank you for taking the time to review your experiences at Nigel Frank. It’s a shame to read you felt this way while with us. We do have an extensive training programme in place, which allows ... More

"Awesome Opportunity, Great People"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nigel Frank International is unlike any job, especially right out of college. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone that is driven for success and likes to be in control of their own business. Being a Recruitment Consultant for NFI is a sure-fire way to jump-start your career and make a ton of money while having a great time, due to the fact that you're surrounded by people your age. I have been here for less than a year, and I have already seen exponential growth both personally and professionally. I really enjoy the fact that this company sets you up for success with a projected path for growth and internal mobility. Between uncapped commission, awesome paychecks, great company culture, company incentives and the life-long friendships make, I couldn't imagine working for another company. Nigel Frank International is an opportunity that shouldn't be passed up by anyone who is money-motivated and interested in a sales job.

Cons

Like most other reviews, the number one concern that most employees voice is hours. The hours can be long, like most other sales positions. At first I really hated the long hours, but after a while it just became habit and you really get used to it. Working in sales means you can have the worst day and the best day all within the same day. There are many ups and downs, but having a positive outlook on the job can definitely help. It can be very hard having a work-life balance with this position as well. Once you begin putting in the hours, hard work and dedication, you will begin to see this job pay off and it is worth every minute of extra work you have put in. Ultimately, if you truly believe you will put in the hours and listen to what management has to say, you really will succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue the company incentives to show that you value the hard-working employees in this company. The training sessions were also a great way to refresh our memory of concepts that may have been forgotten after months on the floor.

Feb 7, 2017 – Director

Thank you very much for your review, it’s always fantastic to hear from our employees and we appreciate you taking the time to leave your experience and advice here for prospective and current ... More

7. "Be a part of Something Great!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

As the title says be a part of something great, I knew from the moment I saw the job posting and went on the company website and read the employee testimonials this was the company for me. I have worked in sales before but never in recruitment and always wanted to give it a go! I love the idea of having your own business and desk to take care of, you are basically the boss of your territory/business, it is what you make of it! Yes it is not your normal 9-5 job but you don't make the normal $50k-$70k salary, I have made more money in 5 months than i would in an other normal job in a year and when you see them big paychecks in your bank account it makes it all worthwhile! Also this company is fantastic at rewarding and treating its employees, from open bars to 5 star lunches and incentive trips around the world! A huge factor I also love is the friends you will make at this company, everyone goes out together and hangs out outside of work, I have made friends for life from this company! Management don't look down on people like other companies, you have VP's talking to trainee's, they are very approachable and want you to succeed if you show the desire. The growth potential is unlimited - come join us now!

Cons

Work/Life balance is tough at times but as mentioned the people that put in the hours are the people with the biggest paychecks, I say work hard in your first few years at this company and reap the benefits later in life when you are making so much money you forget all them long days. There can be pressure at times but you have to remember this is a sales job, sales is tough and you need to be tough also to work in this environment.

Advice to Management

Don't lose the culture we have, keep thinking of ways to improve us and keep up the training, it does help!

Feb 7, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to review the experiences you’ve had with us so far! It’s great that you are making the most of your time with Nigel Frank and Frank Recruitment Group. Keep up the great ... More

"Senior Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at Nigel Frank for a year now and I would not hesitate to recommend this opportunity to any ambitious young professional. This has been the ideal opportunity to me as I entered this job having no prior work experience but ready to jumpstart my career.

The most unique aspect of this company, in my opinion, is the guarantee of having a great social circle full of driven, young professionals. The dynamic of Nigel Frank as a whole is extremely interesting as the people you compete against and work with all day end up become some of your best friends.

If you are positive and driven, I would highly recommend exploring a career at Nigel Frank.

Cons

When I first began, the long work days did not phase me because I was motivated to do well and start making commission, but it does add up over time. I will say, some days it is hard to stay for the expected hours, but it is easily to come to terms with this when I am making more money than most people my age.

Advice to Management

More training as it is very helpful.

Sep 13, 2016 – Director

Many thanks for your feedback, we are happy to hear Nigel Frank and Frank Recruitment Group have helped you achieve success in your career and that you have made great friends with your colleagues ... More

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is my first full time job post college, besides the typical restaurant gig or manual labor job that will get one by temporarily. I have been here for just over six months now, and the one thing i can say is this is an excellent entry level job for ANY post college grad looking for a full time position. This job really shows one how much hard work goes into succeeding and personally, my work ethic has increased greatly. You get out what you put in here, and people will constantly complain about the long hours, work life balance, etc. This is a SALES JOB... You will be working the same hours anywhere else where you are selling a product. And, the company culture here is unlike anywhere else. The people I have met here so far are people I will be in touch with for a long time. Lastly, the money you can make here is borderline absurd. If you put in the hours and the effort they ask, you can make six figures right away after college, which you wont find anywhere else.

Cons

Long hours is certainly a con to many. You see your free time dwindle but again, you are working full time now. Besides the concern for a decline in the free time one will have, the biggest complaint on my end is no 401K, which is something not many people my age think about. Looking down the road, however, this is something I wish Nigel Frank would provide.

Advice to Management

Month of training is incredibly beneficial and it should NEVER be taken away from the process of being a Recruitment Consultant.

Feb 7, 2017 – Director

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. We’re very proud of our training scheme, and it’s wonderful to hear that this has helped you get the most out of your role ... More

10. "A phenomenal opportunity to make lots of money."

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started working at Nigel Frank a little over a year ago and can honestly say it's been an interesting journey. I never saw myself doing sales out of college, but can truthfully say I'm glad I did. One of the things that stood out to me are the people. Everyone you work with all possess fun yet ambitious personalities, which really make the hours doable. The 12 hour days are not ideal for many, however the money you can potentially make is mind blowing. The money is definitely out there, it's ultimately based on how much you're willing to put in.

Cons

Since it's sales, you have to understand that there's going to be slower months. One of the more frustrating things about this job is that you never know when everything can fall apart, but that's just the nature of the job. At the end of the day, I think the work/life balance can be better. At times, there's just too many things going on that you simply won't have enough time to accomplish everything. It's important to realize that work/life balance is very important. However, the people that work here have one common goal and that is to make money, lots of it to and that comes with sacrifice.

Advice to Management

Keep the incentives going because it really motivates us to map out our targets and exceed them.

Feb 7, 2017 – Director

Thank you so much for your review – it’s fantastic to hear your comments on your time so far at Nigel Frank. We’re really pleased to hear you enjoy the incentives we offer and that they are working ... More

"Honest Review-Ups & Downs"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

Pros

I have made more money in a good months that were close to being equivalent to a full year base salary at my current positon. I have also met some people who I can honestly say will be friends for the rest of my life. Over time, I have gotten more familiar with the overall job and it is true what they tell you….that it does take a full year to fully grasp what you are trying to accomplish. Yes, there have been some bumps along the way, but working in a fun environment with some great people and making great money makes those bumps easier to take as time goes on.
    I would recommend Nigel Frank to someone that is willing to put in the work to make the money I mentioned, and enjoys a collaborative atmosphere with fun company events and great incentives that will motivate you on a daily basis. You will undoubtedly encounter some of the rough patches I have mentioned previously but with hard work you will see results sooner than later and make some great friends along the way.

Cons

I can say with a great amount of pride that within one year at Nigel Frank, I have been promoted to Senior Consultant. During that process, I have dealt with many ups and downs that many of the previous reviews state. My situation may be a little different than others so I feel that speaking about my experience may be beneficial.
    After college, I began doing manual labor with decent pay, but didn’t have the opportunity to leave my hometown due to various circumstances. I felt like I was just in a never ending cycle of seeing the same people and doing the same thing every day/weekend/month/year. I was referred to Nigel Frank from a lifelong friend who had seen success within the company.
    When I first started, it’s inevitable that there were times when I was second guessing why I made the decision to join this company. The occasional long hours, stress, unfamiliarity with the overall job/process and pressure put on myself was at times undoubtedly overwhelming. There were times where I felt lost and felt myself wondering if I would ever be successful at what I was trying to do, making good money and simultaneously enjoying waking up early and coming to work each morning.
    Over time I dealt with many ups and downs that a job of this nature comes with, and yes it can be overwhelming as I previously mentioned. I have had months where I wasn’t making the money I thought I would and was going home feeling like I was failing at the job and putting in a large amount of effort and seeing nothing in return. When I had first started, one of my managers told me to stick through the tough times and it would be worth it.

Advice to Management

-Less Hands On at Times
    -Less Pressure Put on Daily
    -Work/Life Balance...Try to Potentially Reach Middle Ground and achieve more of a balance

Sep 13, 2016 – Director

Thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying the job, your colleagues and the financial rewards. We certainly can appreciate that at times it won't have been easy to ... More