Nigel Frank International Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Nigel Frank International CEO James Lloyd-Townshend
James Lloyd-Townshend

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The targets to progress in the business are challenging but very achievable with hard-work (in 37 reviews)

• Great opportunities to make a lot of money (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The most successful people work that little bit extra so work-life balance can be difficult (in 35 reviews)

• You do need to work long hours at the beginning of your career in order to get ahead of your peers (in 66 reviews)

1. "Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time

Pros

Awesome working culture, people really invested in your growth and success

Cons

Long hours and work life balance can be strenuous at times

Jun 30, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review - it's great to hear that you're enjoying the culture at NFI and that you feel you're surrounded with people who want to support you in achieving... More

"Great office culture - poor management"

Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun office environment (music, drinks, etc), good incentives, young employees

Cons

Work hours can get ridiculous (8am-8pm is expected), management only cares about numbers and makes it too obvious.

Advice to Management

Create a less stressful working environment.

Jul 14, 2017 – Director

We place considerable emphasis on team building at Nigel Frank so it's great to hear that you enjoyed the culture of our office during your time with us. Our incentives are one of the things that... More

"Recruitment Consultant"

Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Recruiter in New York, NY

I worked at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were no pros except that I was able to learn not to trust my management

Cons

Managers blatantly lie, cheat, and manipulated employees to pin them against each other.

Advice to Management

Quit, there is no making that company good. When I put in my resignation I was asked to sit quietly for hours as if nothing was happening. That was so unprofessional and demeaning.

Jun 30, 2017 – Director

We're sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us at Nigel Frank. We encourage team competition as a great motivator, as this helps ensure everyone has a goal to work towards and helps our... More

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love this place, alot of fun, great opportunity

Cons

A lot of hours for most of the week

May 10, 2017 – Director

Many thanks for leaving your review - we agree that a career with Nigel Frank is a great opportunity and it's great to hear that you're enjoying yourself!

5. "It's what you make of it"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time

Pros

You can make some serious money if you put the work in. The friends you make here become your second family.

Cons

Long hours for the hope of making money. Some people go months without doing a deal. 35k is not nearly high enough to survive in the NYC area

Advice to Management

Raise the base salary to at least 45K. With the way rent has been increasing in the metro area, salaries need to increase as well.

May 9, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're really glad that you've bonded so well with your team as we place a great emphasis on creating a supportive and close-knit atmosphere at... More

"Unbelievable opportunity if you put the hard work in!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time

Pros

- Global relocation opportunities
    - The best recruitment training around. You'll be put on a formal training program when you start and will have consistent support from some of the best recruiters in the company.
    - The company promotes from within. The majority of our leadership used to be trainee recruitment consultants. Gives you the motivation that you can be extremely successful!
    - Uncapped commission
    - Work environment & company culture - Everyone bounces off each other
    - Monthly incentives (First Thursday, Lunch Clubs)

Cons

The most successful people work that little bit extra so work-life balance can be difficult. If you work smart you can get over this but you need to be willing to work those extra hours if required in order to be successful!

Advice to Management

Continue to keep Consultants motivated by their personal goals. Not everyone has the same motivations so tailor targets to ensure people are always on track to achieve personal career success.

Apr 19, 2017 – Marketing Director

You've really engaged with what we're about at Nigel Frank - an energetic, team focused environment that supports our employees to reach their goals. Our training is the cornerstone of everything we... More

"Recruitment Consultant"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great team
    - Young office
    - Fun First Thursday's
    - Some good management, the ones that started with NFI in America, but the ones that they brought over from the U.K., not so much (75% of management)

Cons

- Ridiculously low base salary (the fact that they call it "competitive" is a joke)
    - No work life balance
    - micromanaging is terrible here
    - ALL you do is cold call (Once again, the fact that they said it's a "small" part of the job is a joke! 80% of your time cold calling clients)
    - Crappy computers and computer systems that make being productive hard bc they're constantly crashing
    - Most of the higher ups are brought over from the UK and don't understand the American market
    - Long and unnecessary training program - you learn WAY more being on the desks with your team. They don't train you on the things you need to know in training.
    - Clients hate the name Nigel Frank because of the practices we take
    - Did I mention terrible base salary?

Advice to Management

Tell the truth to people during interviews. Stop telling them that 3/4 people make over 75k in their first year because that's just not true. Maybe 5 years ago it was, but now that all you do is hire more and more people and cut back territories, it's a blatant lie.
    Stop telling us when people bring up raising the base salary to "do more deals" because we're all here to try to do deals, it's just not as easy as it was when the company first came to the US. Clients know NFI now, and most have a negative connotation of us because of the endless calls/emails from multiple different people on a daily basis.
    Contracts vs Perm is getting bad. All they do is fight over positions and lie to each other and act sneaky to get a deal. The entire company is snakes.
    If you eliminated contracts/perm and just gave someone a territory and if they pulled a job they could work it, people would be happier, and clients that have multiple MS products wouldn't have 8 different people calling and emailing them on a daily basis

May 8, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, although we're sorry that you are not enjoying your time with us. We're glad that you feel you've bonded well with your team and that you enjoy the... More

"Nigel Frank is growing for a reason!"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY

Pros

-very relaxed environment
    -ideal location
    -young, hip company culture
    -opportunity to grow YOUR OWN business
    -caring management
    -great pay + benefits

Cons

The hours are long. An average day is 8am-6pm. Especially if you're commuting from Long Island, this can take quite a toll on you.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the constructive criticism, it is helping us all grow our business and improve each and every day

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Welcome aboard! It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying your time with us as we work hard to ensure that Nigel Frank is a fun and energetic place to work. We agree that this is a great... More

"Once in a life time opportunity!"

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll never find an opportunity like the one given at here at NFI. This was my first job out of college and was surprised to be a part of such an inviting, rewarding, and fun organization. An extremely transparent organization, promotions and progression through NFI are purely merit-based; I'd never thought that I would have the opportunity to manage other consultants so soon into my career.

Cons

This job is a perfect example of "you get out what you put in" - in other words, you yourself are in full control of your success here. Although given enormous support and the tools to be successful, its ultimately up to you to determine the level of your own success. If you want to be a top performer, you're going to have to put in the hard work.

Advice to Management

Loving the weekly games we're playing on the sales floor to drive productivity. Really happy to see more of those; I'd love to continue doing them.

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Congratulations on your promotion to Manager - you're a fantastic example of the home-grown talent we like to encourage at Nigel Frank! We absolutely agree that this is an opportunity for focused and... More

"Strong Culture, Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been part of the business in New York for about a year now; since joining there has been a great amount of positive change throughout the business. Some of the things that have changed is that the management have become more interactive, the training, known as FRG University have implemented more structure in order for people to come onto the 'real sales floor' well prepared for the majority of scenarios, the culture has massively improved with targeted games being implemented on a weekly basis giving the office a real buzz!!

Additionally, we have a new EVP that has come across from the UK business which has really helped, the energy and overall positive attitude he implements on a daily basis is great. I never thought that someone at their level would be happy to sit with consultants to help them on calls and give them additional 1 on 1 training.

If you want to work for a business whereby it is hard work, but you are rewarded for it, then Nigel Frank is the place to be!

Cons

Of course there are going to be a few, however these were highlighted in my interview. The hours are long, although you aren't pressured to be here for the sake of it. It seems the more time you put in, the easier it is to get up to speed quicker, I got promoted to Senior within 9 months being in the business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, it seems a lot of training has been implemented for the Management of recent, so ensure you put the theory into practice and share that knowledge!

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Congratulations on your promotion to Senior - especially after such a short time with us. You're a fantastic example of what can be achieved with hard work and dedication so very well done to you... More