Nigel Frank International Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Nigel Frank International CEO James Lloyd-Townshend
James Lloyd-Townshend

Pros
  • The targets to progress in the business are challenging but very achievable with hard-work (in 38 reviews)

• Great opportunities to make a lot of money (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • The most successful people work that little bit extra so work-life balance can be difficult (in 33 reviews)

• You do need to work long hours at the beginning of your career in order to get ahead of your peers (in 64 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love this place, alot of fun, great opportunity

Cons

A lot of hours for most of the week

May 10, 2017 – Director

Many thanks for leaving your review - we agree that a career with Nigel Frank is a great opportunity and it's great to hear that you're enjoying yourself!

"Unbelievable opportunity if you put the hard work in!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time

Pros

- Global relocation opportunities
    - The best recruitment training around. You'll be put on a formal training program when you start and will have consistent support from some of the best recruiters in the company.
    - The company promotes from within. The majority of our leadership used to be trainee recruitment consultants. Gives you the motivation that you can be extremely successful!
    - Uncapped commission
    - Work environment & company culture - Everyone bounces off each other
    - Monthly incentives (First Thursday, Lunch Clubs)

Cons

The most successful people work that little bit extra so work-life balance can be difficult. If you work smart you can get over this but you need to be willing to work those extra hours if required in order to be successful!

Advice to Management

Continue to keep Consultants motivated by their personal goals. Not everyone has the same motivations so tailor targets to ensure people are always on track to achieve personal career success.

Apr 19, 2017 – Marketing Director

You've really engaged with what we're about at Nigel Frank - an energetic, team focused environment that supports our employees to reach their goals. Our training is the cornerstone of everything we ... More

"Recruitment Consultant"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great team
    - Young office
    - Fun First Thursday's
    - Some good management, the ones that started with NFI in America, but the ones that they brought over from the U.K., not so much (75% of management)

Cons

- Ridiculously low base salary (the fact that they call it "competitive" is a joke)
    - No work life balance
    - micromanaging is terrible here
    - ALL you do is cold call (Once again, the fact that they said it's a "small" part of the job is a joke! 80% of your time cold calling clients)
    - Crappy computers and computer systems that make being productive hard bc they're constantly crashing
    - Most of the higher ups are brought over from the UK and don't understand the American market
    - Long and unnecessary training program - you learn WAY more being on the desks with your team. They don't train you on the things you need to know in training.
    - Clients hate the name Nigel Frank because of the practices we take
    - Did I mention terrible base salary?

Advice to Management

Tell the truth to people during interviews. Stop telling them that 3/4 people make over 75k in their first year because that's just not true. Maybe 5 years ago it was, but now that all you do is hire more and more people and cut back territories, it's a blatant lie.
    Stop telling us when people bring up raising the base salary to "do more deals" because we're all here to try to do deals, it's just not as easy as it was when the company first came to the US. Clients know NFI now, and most have a negative connotation of us because of the endless calls/emails from multiple different people on a daily basis.
    Contracts vs Perm is getting bad. All they do is fight over positions and lie to each other and act sneaky to get a deal. The entire company is snakes.
    If you eliminated contracts/perm and just gave someone a territory and if they pulled a job they could work it, people would be happier, and clients that have multiple MS products wouldn't have 8 different people calling and emailing them on a daily basis

May 8, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, although we're sorry that you are not enjoying your time with us. We're glad that you feel you've bonded well with your team and that you enjoy the ... More

"Nigel Frank is growing for a reason!"

Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Trainee Recruitment COnsultant in New York, NY

Pros

-very relaxed environment
    -ideal location
    -young, hip company culture
    -opportunity to grow YOUR OWN business
    -caring management
    -great pay + benefits

Cons

The hours are long. An average day is 8am-6pm. Especially if you're commuting from Long Island, this can take quite a toll on you.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the constructive criticism, it is helping us all grow our business and improve each and every day

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Welcome aboard! It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying your time with us as we work hard to ensure that Nigel Frank is a fun and energetic place to work. We agree that this is a great ... More

"Once in a life time opportunity!"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You'll never find an opportunity like the one given at here at NFI. This was my first job out of college and was surprised to be a part of such an inviting, rewarding, and fun organization. An extremely transparent organization, promotions and progression through NFI are purely merit-based; I'd never thought that I would have the opportunity to manage other consultants so soon into my career.

Cons

This job is a perfect example of "you get out what you put in" - in other words, you yourself are in full control of your success here. Although given enormous support and the tools to be successful, its ultimately up to you to determine the level of your own success. If you want to be a top performer, you're going to have to put in the hard work.

Advice to Management

Loving the weekly games we're playing on the sales floor to drive productivity. Really happy to see more of those; I'd love to continue doing them.

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Congratulations on your promotion to Manager - you're a fantastic example of the home-grown talent we like to encourage at Nigel Frank! We absolutely agree that this is an opportunity for focused and ... More

"Strong Culture, Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have only been part of the business in New York for about a year now; since joining there has been a great amount of positive change throughout the business. Some of the things that have changed is that the management have become more interactive, the training, known as FRG University have implemented more structure in order for people to come onto the 'real sales floor' well prepared for the majority of scenarios, the culture has massively improved with targeted games being implemented on a weekly basis giving the office a real buzz!!

Additionally, we have a new EVP that has come across from the UK business which has really helped, the energy and overall positive attitude he implements on a daily basis is great. I never thought that someone at their level would be happy to sit with consultants to help them on calls and give them additional 1 on 1 training.

If you want to work for a business whereby it is hard work, but you are rewarded for it, then Nigel Frank is the place to be!

Cons

Of course there are going to be a few, however these were highlighted in my interview. The hours are long, although you aren't pressured to be here for the sake of it. It seems the more time you put in, the easier it is to get up to speed quicker, I got promoted to Senior within 9 months being in the business.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, it seems a lot of training has been implemented for the Management of recent, so ensure you put the theory into practice and share that knowledge!

Apr 18, 2017 – Marketing Director

Congratulations on your promotion to Senior - especially after such a short time with us. You're a fantastic example of what can be achieved with hard work and dedication so very well done to you ... More

"Working For Frank Group"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make a great living and have a terrific career opportunity.

Cons

Work very long hours. You truly do get what you put in though.

Apr 6, 2017 – Director

Hi, it’s fantastic to hear your time at Nigel Frank has allowed you to give yourself a comfortable lifestyle. We understand the hours are long and this can be tiring, but our excellent commission and ... More

"Fun Adventure"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Opportunity for fast career growth
    -Work with amazing people
    -Potential for exceptional earnings
    -Ability to navigate career
    -Company incentive trips
    -Fine dining, monthly meetings
    -Fast paced & challenging environment

I feel very confident in this company, which is why I recommended it to a close friend of mine who has been doing very well in his time here and also received a few promotions.

Cons

-Long hours, but this is told to most people up front and something that is fairly typical in NYC
    -Takes some time to get ramped up, but once you do the earnings can be pretty amazing

Advice to Management

Try to keep the messages the same and focus on it for some time as it takes some time for new habits to form.

Apr 6, 2017 – Director

It’s great to hear that the benefits we offer our consultants at Nigel Frank are recognised and drive you to do your best! We’re always looking for dynamic individuals to join our growing team, so ... More

"Manager"

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people make this job. A lot of like minded people who want to work hard and progress their careers as quickly as they can

Cons

Long hours and difficult if you want to have a good work life balance

Advice to Management

401K, better benefits especially for people who have been here longer

Apr 4, 2017 – Director

Many thanks for this review - we absolutely agree that the key to this role is a positive and focused attitude combined with a desire to develop yourself and grow in your career. Whilst it can entail ... More

"Great Place to Work if you want to make a lot of money"

Current Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Team Leader in New York, NY

I have been working at Nigel Frank International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and give this job your all then you can make a huge amount if money here! It is definitely a lot of long hours, persistence and hard work- but if you have goals to make a lot of money early in your career so you can have a more comfortable future further down the line then NFI offers exactly that. In the time I have been here I have been able to save more than I ever thought possible coming straight from college and have moved through the ranks here quickly when you compare to my friends in other recruitment companies and different industries completely.

My friends may have a lot more spare time than me but for where my goals are in my career I am considerably further along.

I would say though that it really is a tough job. The hours are long and you are doing a large amount of cold calling on a daily basis. This is not for someone who is just looking for a first job out of college where you can coast along.

For me, the biggest factor apart from the career opportunity is definitely the people. Generally it is a company full of young competitive people who may not have all the skills needed when starting- but have the determination to make it work anyway. Some of my closest friends work here who I never knew before starting and that culture in the business is what makes the hard days worth while and the overall day to day a lot of fun.

Cons

There is a lot of rejection and long hours in this position so you need thick skin.

Mar 29, 2017 – Director

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We completely agree that the opportunity Nigel Frank presents for college graduates to get a leap up in their first job is incredible. Through our ... More