Nigel Wright Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Paul Wilson

1. "Going the right direction"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The bonus scheme is good once you start getting the fees in. It comes monthly, quarterly and every 6 months if you hit your targets. In addition the marketing materials are really nice. The people are really nice and professional.

Cons

We are still developing the business so it is not always that the processes are in place, as you are responsible for developing the business yourself its not always super easy as you dont always have the tools.

2. "Fantastic people make a fantastic recruitment company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Level of whole-company collaboration, quality of management team, consultant training & development, opportunities for career progression, investment in our support services, quality of our customer base.and the value of our proposition.

Cons

High standards / expectations are not for everyone. Not a great place for consultants who need heavy management through KPIs.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction

3. "Graduate to Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Nigel Wright the week after my final university exams and have been with the organisation for almost 3 years. I have been nurtured and trained by the organisation throughout this period and it has allowed me to develop and build a career in recruitment. I started on a junior desk, and have since moved into a senior recruitment role with management responsibilities of 3 people. Hard work is definitely recognised at Nigel Wright, and a clear path has been set out in front of me for me to achieve my goals. Every day is a new challenge and the exposure to NE businesses has been fantastic.

Cons

Nigel Wright expects a lot from its consultants, but the reward is great and the autonomy is self-fulfilling. In comparison with other agencies, I am proud to represent a quality brand with clear and ethical company values.

5. "Lovely Company"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are the best thing about working at Nigel Wright - everyone is so friendly and supportive. You also gain a very broad transferable skill set - they have a great training programme and really committed managers to deliver it.

Cons

There do tend to be very marked highs and lows, which I believe is probably true of any recruitment business. The rejection can sometimes be quite demotivating, but when you do well it's incredibly rewarding.

Advice to Management

More recognition for newer recruits - it would be good for the company and the newer employees if they were also able to see Nigel Wright as a more joined up international company, visiting the offices in other countries.

6. "Nigel Wright Graduate Programme"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Nigel Wright full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Nigel Wright in 2015 on their Graduate Programme and have been extremely pleased with the training, support and opportunities available to me since working for the business.
    I have learnt an unprecedented amount from my colleagues at Nigel Wright, who are all highly ambitious, motivated and most importantly, always willing to help and share information.
    Before joining, I did not expect the culture to be so friendly and supportive, from the support functions, to other consultants to the Managing Director and CEO – it’s safe to say, I have been pleasantly surprised!

If you are hungry to learn, enjoy meeting new people and have the desire to develop a broad skill set, then I highly recommend applying for the Nigel Wright Graduate Programme.

Cons

The nature of the recruitment industry is relentless, which can sometimes be stressful!

7. "Good recruitment company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Pros

Good training system in place.Good induction process
    Great offices
    Nice people

Cons

Not easy to get into the company - a lot of hoops to jump through during the entry process
    Recruitment is relentless - not for the faint-hearted.

Advice to Management

Look to the long-term

8. "Not so good"

I have been working at Nigel Wright (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick to answer the telephone and help with any queries giving you a contact a email address to forward your cv to

Cons

A week later still I have had no response even if it is a thank you email saying we will get back to you shortly

Advice to Management

Automatic response email with contact details would have been great.

9. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I have been working at Nigel Wright (More than a year)

Pros

Work with some of the biggest companies in the world
    Open to new ideas and suggestions
    Offer freedom to succeed and progress
    Great sense of teamwork across the company
    Opportunity to work with people from across Europe (internally & externally)

Cons

New processes and ideas can take a while to implement

10. "Started well then huge culture shift for the worse"

Former Employee - Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I worked at Nigel Wright full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent benefits such as private health care, death in service and 25 days holiday and a quarterly booze up .

Cons

Zero work life balance regardless of what they tell you. Limited recognition for success. As soon as you hand your notice in don't expect any gratitude for service

Advice to Management

Probably time to realise there are better companies out there that you'll lose staff to

11. "Unprofessional."

I worked at Nigel Wright full-time

Pros

Initial impression is that team are professional and competent, with good contacts.

Cons

Sporadic follow through and feedback on actions agreed and suggested by the team. This was the case for myself and someone whom I referred.

Advice to Management

Improve customer experience by ensuring consultants follow up on leads and provide relevant feedback.