Nightingale Reviews | Glassdoor

Sam Chebib

1. "Staff"

Current Contractor - Staff Nurse in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Contractor - Staff Nurse in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Nightingale as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compassionate and reliable to employee

Cons

The salary paid to workers are lower than other agencies.

Advice to Management

Increase payment

"Medicare Fraud"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Ada, OK
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in Ada, OK

I worked at Nightingale (More than a year)

Pros

1. In the beginning they care about employees and showed their appreciation but after 7 months that flew out the window. 2. The patients that actually needed home health

Cons

1. Promised a raised for over a year. 2. I referred 86 patients in one year. 3. Has patient on home health who are working at Taco Bell. 4. Sign up diabetic patients on insulin for insulin injection visits AM and PM, even if patient's do their own sliding scale insulin injections. Why?? Because Medicare pays $12,000 a recert period. 5. Insurance is 470$ a pay period for family. 6. I gave my 2 weeks. I was asked if I'd stay PRN for holidays. I was not paid PRN but they cancelled my insurance in 2 weeks. When I left 3 weeks after my 2 week notice I was not paid for my on call time, on call visits, or last day I worked. They also tried to get out of paying my PTO to me!

Advice to Management

Horrible management and poor ethics! Hostile work environment

"Family run business - in it for the money only."

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Savannah, GA
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Savannah, GA

I worked at Nightingale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent salary & benefit package. Superficially very positive work environment. Nice well decorated offices. Management recommends little to no overtime.

Cons

Power struggle between President (dad) and CFO (his insecure, clueless daughter). They are both paranoid and feel everyone is out to sabotage their company.

Advice to Management

If you are a manager at Nightingale, it's not if you will be fired, but when you will be fired!

"Staffing Manager"

Former Employee - Staffing Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Nightingale full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company had uncapped commission, so if you hustle and know what you are talking about, then the opportunity to make good money is there. The coworkers are great and friendly

Cons

They are way to focused on making sales and saving money so it is a very cut-throat job with little to none room to grow and they prioritize and making money for the company rather than prioritizing on the nurses doing the job or on making it easier on the sales team to provide maximum efficiency. If you are new, chances are you won't last long unless you have what it takes, priority is given only to senior staffing managers, with good reason, but it doesn't give the new employees a chance. Out of 16 people hired, in a span of 4 months only 3 were left.

Advice to Management

Management needs to focus on growing their company by providing better opportunities for the new incoming employees and by listening the senior employees about new developments and plans that can produce a positive outcome

"Nursing"

Former Contractor - Registered Nurse, Labor and Delivery in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Contractor - Registered Nurse, Labor and Delivery in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Nightingale as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

They work consistently to keep you working in the area and specialty that you request. They negotiate great temporary to permanent contracts.

Cons

When you are no longer employed or looking for an assignment they continue to call way too frequently

"Boys Club"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Nightingale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very casual dress code
    High commissions

Cons

Only men see promotions
    Very catty environment
    They encourage you to steal candidates from other employees

Advice to Management

Quit your job and replace yourselves!

"Find another company if you want to recruit"

Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Staffing Manager in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Nightingale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is the potential for great bonus checks if you can get a certain number of working nurses under your belt, good insurance

Cons

They take away your commission for minute things. Commission can be stripped for being late to a meeting, being under call count one day, etc. Management belittles the employees via email (over 10 emails a day). Even the nurses are referred to as "losers." There is a lot of favoritism. I know because I was on the better side of it. There is a lack of overall professionalism and consistency in rules and expectations. Can be forced to work 6 days a week (Saturdays) once you get to the point where there is no overtime given (after about 5 months).

Advice to Management

The belittling via email is counterproductive. A little encouragement for employees goes a long way. Money is not the only factor that creates a productive work environment.

"One of the most unprofessional staffing jobs out there"

I worked at Nightingale full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent base pay. Good commission structure.

Cons

Management requires and encourages stealing each other's deals. Management sends nasty emails all day "heckling employees." The company finds any way possible to take commission back for small things. Office is run very militant. Training is for 5 days and then rookie recruiters are assigned to a more experienced recruiter who only helps them if they feel like
     it.

Advice to Management

No advice. They appear entertained by the chaos.

"Travel Company"

Current Contractor - Registered Nurse
    Current Contractor - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Nightingale as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast to get you from one location to the next. Quick to start. Good pay! Qualifications are minimal, so if you want the experience to get into a better agency, this is a good place to start.

Cons

Very difficult to get in contact with if you have a problem (and you WILL have problems). Someone at the company adjusts the hours so you get paid less each week, so you WILL have to fight for your money (it wasn't just me, but every co-worker from the agency I have met so far). They are very misleading about the arrangements they are making with your floor. For instance, I was told I would get to pick my shifts. On the first day, they handed me a schedule and when I mentioned what the agency told me, they said they tell everyone that, and they had no idea where they got that idea.

Advice to Management

Be truthful with your employees. Traveling should be fun... don't make it a headache for your employees.

"Run don't walk away"

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to this company.

Cons

Horrible managers screaming and sending threatening emails all day. Force "power hours" on you where you have to make continual phone calls or sent a picture of a termination box. Have to ask permission to even use the bathroom.

Advice to Management

Quit.