Nine9 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Anthony Toma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Being in the entertainment industry was really fun and exciting for me" (in 3 reviews)

• "Absolutely adore my Office Director and coworkers, makes the work day fun and stress-free" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management treats staff poorly, multiple offices closes, lawsuits and name changes" (in 3 reviews)

• "They accept EVERYONE from open calls, THEN tells them during the second round that the clients are expected to pay for representation" (in 3 reviews)

"Good Overall Experience"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

The company has a family culture, not the cold corporate feel you get at a lot of places.

Cons

Corporate office is in MI, so not a ton of face-to-face interaction with senior management. Would have liked to have had a little more face-to-face.

May 22, 2018 – Rep. Management

We appreciate the wonderful review and you taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for being a part of the team!

"Really Good Company"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in an admin role and the work is enjoyable, challenging but not over the top hard. The rest of the employees are really nice and were very welcoming. I like the hours and the atmosphere.

Cons

My only complaint is they play some types of music that I don't like (electronic and dance).

Advice to Management

You've been fair and warm so keep that up. Thanks for always listening and answering my questions quickly.

Jul 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for the wonderful review! We're honored to have you on the team and appreciate all you do for Nine9!

"Great Grow from Within Mentality"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

They do a lot of promoting from within the company and are open to hiring entry level candidates who need experience. So essentially people can build their experience with the company and get into higher positions over time. The management is great and the culture within the company has only improved over time, so people get along well and there are fun things going on pretty regularly.

Cons

The salary is good, it is easy to take time off, and the vacation time is good after the first year...

However, the health insurance is very expensive. It isn't a big deal because you can go through the Marketplace (Government Health Insurance) online and get it much cheaper, but it is a hassle.

Advice to Management

Consider getting some affordable (and quality) insurance for your employees, they will thank you for it!

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

We highly value your feedback and thoughts on the benefits offered through Nine9. Thank you for your review and for all your hard work!

"Talent Specialist"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Detroit, MI

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To work in a team environment, also had the chance to encourage and inspire others that are trying to pursue their dreams in modeling and acting just like myself. Have the chance to actually go to casting that are on a national level. Great place to work.

Cons

The only thing I would say is long hours.

Advice to Management

Build a great team of individuals wanting to be in the industry.

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

It's always fantastic to see such a positive review here on Glassdoor. Thanks so much for sharing your experience at Nine9 and thank you for the feedback about the hours worked in your position with... More

"Office Director"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

I have been with this amazing company for nine years now and every day I am so honored to be a part of it. We genuinely put so much time and dedication into helping these amazing talent that just need the right guidane. It is so great to work and an environment that is so much fun and welcoming. Your coworkers turn into your friends and we all work together hand-in-hand and achieve amazing goals that help our talent succeed. Our leadership always have open ears and love ideas that we offer them. They never shut us down and take everything that we bring to them very seriously. Oh, and all the jeopardy games. Those are the best.

Cons

Because it is the entertainment industry we typically start later which leads to us leaving later. Sometimes I would be lucky to get out of the office by 8:30 PM. There goes the saying: you can’t have it all.

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

We're honored to have you as part of our team and it's fantastic that you've been with us for 9 years! Thank you so much for sharing your experience as a Nine9er!

"Great Company To work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Troy, MI

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Nine9 for almost 3yrs now. I absolutely enjoy being apart of such a motivated, driven, goal-oriented company. I have had several positions within the company all of which was easy to learn and gave insight to different platforms of the company. The staff is very friendly, helpful, understanding and has became a 2nd family if you will. Nine9 is a company that I would recommend to anyone that is interested in working for a business that has room for advancement, flexible schedules, desire to excel and competitive bonuses. I am proud to be a Nine- Niner for many more years to come :-)

Cons

I don't really have any complaints, but if I had to pick one. I would say temperature control :-)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and you will easily see another 15 years :-)

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for the review and advice to our management team. I'll be sure to pass it along. We're very appreciative to have you on the team and hope you have an amazing week!

"Horrible, Unethical Company"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

I met amazing people here!
    I made good money- but then again, I couldn't sleep at night.

Cons

Nine9 is an unethical company. My training consisted of learning how to scam people and lie to them. The company truly believes that what they are doing is helping those who are trying to make it in the industry and that is sad. I am ashamed of myself for even staying with the company as long as I did. If you are considering working here, don't.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending that your company is so amazing. Even casting directors laugh at your services and get annoyed by the submissions from our "talent". Try going into business to actually help people instead of just going after their money.

Apr 24, 2018 – Rep. Management

Hello,

We're certainly disappointed to hear that your time with us wasn't something you enjoyed. While we're happy to hear you enjoyed the company of your fellow employees and the pay you... More

"An unethical and dishonest company"

Former Employee - Talent Specialist
    Former Employee - Talent Specialist

I worked at Nine9 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Young, empowered women work together in a supportive space

Cons

No real schedule, manager tells you day-by-day when to come in.
    I was offered a part time job, but I was expected to be in 70 hours per week, working about 10 am to 10 pm daily.
    Saturdays are open call days, so be prepared to put in 6 days a week.
    The company engages in dishonest marketing, "recruiting talent" on social media by "casting" for movies that are already finished.
    They accept EVERYONE from open calls, THEN tells them during the second round that the clients are expected to pay for representation.
    Most of their seemingly exclusive leads can be found online without a membership. Many are community theatre groups or local fashion shows that don't pay their talent.

Advice to Management

Just be transparent! There's nothing wrong with being honest about being a pay-for-representation talent management service. Stop marketing with fake casting calls on social media, and focus on creating quality representatives instead of going for quantity.

Hello,

We're sorry to see that your time at Nine9 wasn't as enjoyable as we would have loved it to be. As a company that has been in business for over 15 years, we're always willing to learn and... More

"Even after working there it seems like a scam."

Former Employee - Talent Specialist/Receptionist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Talent Specialist/Receptionist in Irving, TX

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some of my best friends there. The hours are pretty reasonable and steady.

Cons

Corporate refused to update our office, so everything was falling apart, it was so sales heavy, they would sign anyone, whether they had talent and could make it in the industry or not. Corporate would always threaten to "down-size" if goals weren't met.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing on quality talent and actually helping them get work instead of just signing anyone who will give you money. Upping your talent will make you seem more reputable. Also, better reward your employees for meeting goals and they'll be happier.

Apr 2, 2018 – Rep. Management

Hello and thanks for the review,

We're certainly working to make sure all of our offices are inviting for our talent and employees. It's been quite some time since your review and we're happy to... More

"CEO prevents this place from being at least average"

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very friendly environment
    - Workload is consistent
    - Management is lenient/understanding
    - Middle management is passionate and hard-working

Cons

- Work isn't very satisfying
    - Very little room to advance
    - CEO - and the company in general - has very negative public image that you somehow have to work around
    - Communication with HR and CEO is severely lacking
    - Management's communication with clients/the public is SEVERELY lacking
    - Pay is unreasonable for the workload

Advice to Management

To middle/lower management: There is an enormous disconnect between you and your employees that leaves them feeling unsatisfied and guilty. You say that Nine9 isn't a scam, but it's hard to feel that way when nearly every client of yours believes in their heart that it is. You can't rely on your lower employees to fix your public image. It shouldn't be hard to fix, but upper management needs to work on it as hard as possible.

To the CEO: You need to get a hold of yourself. You're the CEO of a company that I know you believe in, and you need to start acting like it. You need to get your anger under control, treat your employees and clients with respect and maturity, and stop taking every negative review of your shady company so personally. Be the leader your company needs, or else it won't survive much longer.

Apr 2, 2018 – Rep. Management

Hello and thanks for taking the time to review Nine9. As you'll see across pretty much any review site right now, myself and everyone here at Nine9 is working hard to address all concerns from our... More