Nine9 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.2
Anthony Toma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The Management team are very supportive and work very hard to bring out the best in all their employees" (in 3 reviews)

• "Just need to be realistic, of course the attractive people will get more than the other" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "long hours (6day work week), inconsistent pay, constantly getting berated by the office director about sales, no work/life balance whatsoever" (in 5 reviews)

• "Upper management treats staff poorly, multiple offices closes, lawsuits and name changes" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Nice company to work for, just wish the pay was better"

Current Employee - Talent Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Talent Specialist in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Nine9 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice company to work for, I just wish the pay was better for the work that we do.

Cons

The hours are long.

Aug 30, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about working at Nine9. Your feedback is always important to us and hearing what our employees want from our company will help us to build the best... More

"Talent Specialist"

Former Employee - Talent Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Talent Specialist in Dallas, TX

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None. Job sounds too good to be true. This is a sales job.

Cons

This company is a lie. Nothing like the job description. You are not a "talent specialist," you are a "sales person," who has to sale a $500 plan to innocent people. You lie to people about making their dreams a reality, but all this company wants is people's money. No one should have to pay to attend castings. Also if you don't book people--you don't get paid. This is a commission job, so you don't get paid hourly. Moreover, this company is doing wrong. STAY AWAY!!!

Advice to Management

If you really want to help people achieve their dreams, work with people one-on-one. Do more promotions for them, be their public relations. A simple picture with their own written bio is not going to help nobody.

Sep 25, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and for your hard work at our company. We appreciate you explaining how you feel we can improve your former position at Nine9 and happy to... More

3. "Scam Company"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

Some employees can work home.

Cons

Do not count on a raise.

Advice to Management

What Management.

Sep 5, 2018 – Rep. Management

We're very sorry to hear that you haven't been satisfied with your employment at Nine9 and I will be sure to share your thoughts with our management team. Feedback from our employees is paramount to... More

"Please don’t work here..."

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None, other than seeing talent excited and thinking that I had genuine relationships with the team I was working with.

Cons

I could go on for days... long hours (6day work week), inconsistent pay, constantly getting berated by the office director about sales, no work/life balance whatsoever... everyone here is fake and professionalism is nowhere to be found. They will rip everything from right under you and assume everything will be okay. I did everything I could to be my best and believe in it all, but it didn’t matter in the end. I’ve never been so disrespected by a group of people in my life...

Advice to Management

It too late for that, and I’m sure nothing I write in this section will even make a difference.

Aug 30, 2018 – Rep. Management

We're very sorry to hear that your time with us was anything but positive and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on being employed at our company. We do thank you for your hard... More

"Really Good Company"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I work in an admin role and the work is enjoyable, challenging but not over the top hard. The rest of the employees are really nice and were very welcoming. I like the hours and the atmosphere.

Cons

My only complaint is they play some types of music that I don't like (electronic and dance).

Advice to Management

You've been fair and warm so keep that up. Thanks for always listening and answering my questions quickly.

Jul 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for the wonderful review! We're honored to have you on the team and appreciate all you do for Nine9!

"Good Overall Experience"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

The company has a family culture, not the cold corporate feel you get at a lot of places.

Cons

Corporate office is in MI, so not a ton of face-to-face interaction with senior management. Would have liked to have had a little more face-to-face.

May 22, 2018 – Rep. Management

We appreciate the wonderful review and you taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for being a part of the team!

"Honest Review"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

I honestly love working at Nine9, the Management team along with the owner are awesome and actually care about the workers! they are very understanding with your schedule and do their best to work around it. They also buy lunch and make work fun with events occasionally to keep everyone involved and happy.

Cons

Only Con I can think of is the Insurance is not really affordable compared to other companies

"Great Grow from Within Mentality"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

They do a lot of promoting from within the company and are open to hiring entry level candidates who need experience. So essentially people can build their experience with the company and get into higher positions over time. The management is great and the culture within the company has only improved over time, so people get along well and there are fun things going on pretty regularly.

Cons

The salary is good, it is easy to take time off, and the vacation time is good after the first year...

However, the health insurance is very expensive. It isn't a big deal because you can go through the Marketplace (Government Health Insurance) online and get it much cheaper, but it is a hassle.

Advice to Management

Consider getting some affordable (and quality) insurance for your employees, they will thank you for it!

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

We highly value your feedback and thoughts on the benefits offered through Nine9. Thank you for your review and for all your hard work!

"Talent Specialist"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Detroit, MI

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To work in a team environment, also had the chance to encourage and inspire others that are trying to pursue their dreams in modeling and acting just like myself. Have the chance to actually go to casting that are on a national level. Great place to work.

Cons

The only thing I would say is long hours.

Advice to Management

Build a great team of individuals wanting to be in the industry.

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

It's always fantastic to see such a positive review here on Glassdoor. Thanks so much for sharing your experience at Nine9 and thank you for the feedback about the hours worked in your position with... More

"Office Director"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

I have been with this amazing company for nine years now and every day I am so honored to be a part of it. We genuinely put so much time and dedication into helping these amazing talent that just need the right guidane. It is so great to work and an environment that is so much fun and welcoming. Your coworkers turn into your friends and we all work together hand-in-hand and achieve amazing goals that help our talent succeed. Our leadership always have open ears and love ideas that we offer them. They never shut us down and take everything that we bring to them very seriously. Oh, and all the jeopardy games. Those are the best.

Cons

Because it is the entertainment industry we typically start later which leads to us leaving later. Sometimes I would be lucky to get out of the office by 8:30 PM. There goes the saying: you can’t have it all.

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

We're honored to have you as part of our team and it's fantastic that you've been with us for 9 years! Thank you so much for sharing your experience as a Nine9er!