Nine9 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Anthony Toma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Being in the entertainment industry was really fun and exciting for me" (in 3 reviews)

• "Absolutely adore my Office Director and coworkers, makes the work day fun and stress-free" (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management treats staff poorly, multiple offices closes, lawsuits and name changes" (in 3 reviews)

• "They accept EVERYONE from open calls, THEN tells them during the second round that the clients are expected to pay for representation" (in 3 reviews)

"Good Overall Experience"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

The company has a family culture, not the cold corporate feel you get at a lot of places.

Cons

Corporate office is in MI, so not a ton of face-to-face interaction with senior management. Would have liked to have had a little more face-to-face.

May 22, 2018 – Rep. Management

We appreciate the wonderful review and you taking the time to share your thoughts. Thanks for being a part of the team!

"Great Grow from Within Mentality"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

They do a lot of promoting from within the company and are open to hiring entry level candidates who need experience. So essentially people can build their experience with the company and get into higher positions over time. The management is great and the culture within the company has only improved over time, so people get along well and there are fun things going on pretty regularly.

Cons

The salary is good, it is easy to take time off, and the vacation time is good after the first year...

However, the health insurance is very expensive. It isn't a big deal because you can go through the Marketplace (Government Health Insurance) online and get it much cheaper, but it is a hassle.

Advice to Management

Consider getting some affordable (and quality) insurance for your employees, they will thank you for it!

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

We highly value your feedback and thoughts on the benefits offered through Nine9. Thank you for your review and for all your hard work!

"Talent Specialist"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Detroit, MI

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To work in a team environment, also had the chance to encourage and inspire others that are trying to pursue their dreams in modeling and acting just like myself. Have the chance to actually go to casting that are on a national level. Great place to work.

Cons

The only thing I would say is long hours.

Advice to Management

Build a great team of individuals wanting to be in the industry.

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

It's always fantastic to see such a positive review here on Glassdoor. Thanks so much for sharing your experience at Nine9 and thank you for the feedback about the hours worked in your position with... More

"Office Director"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

I have been with this amazing company for nine years now and every day I am so honored to be a part of it. We genuinely put so much time and dedication into helping these amazing talent that just need the right guidane. It is so great to work and an environment that is so much fun and welcoming. Your coworkers turn into your friends and we all work together hand-in-hand and achieve amazing goals that help our talent succeed. Our leadership always have open ears and love ideas that we offer them. They never shut us down and take everything that we bring to them very seriously. Oh, and all the jeopardy games. Those are the best.

Cons

Because it is the entertainment industry we typically start later which leads to us leaving later. Sometimes I would be lucky to get out of the office by 8:30 PM. There goes the saying: you can’t have it all.

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

We're honored to have you as part of our team and it's fantastic that you've been with us for 9 years! Thank you so much for sharing your experience as a Nine9er!

"Great Company To work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Troy, MI

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Nine9 for almost 3yrs now. I absolutely enjoy being apart of such a motivated, driven, goal-oriented company. I have had several positions within the company all of which was easy to learn and gave insight to different platforms of the company. The staff is very friendly, helpful, understanding and has became a 2nd family if you will. Nine9 is a company that I would recommend to anyone that is interested in working for a business that has room for advancement, flexible schedules, desire to excel and competitive bonuses. I am proud to be a Nine- Niner for many more years to come :-)

Cons

I don't really have any complaints, but if I had to pick one. I would say temperature control :-)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and you will easily see another 15 years :-)

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for the review and advice to our management team. I'll be sure to pass it along. We're very appreciative to have you on the team and hope you have an amazing week!

"Dang Good Place to Work"

Current Employee - Nine9er in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Nine9er in Troy, MI

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The team is super friendly, positive and passionate
    - The environment is fast paced but not overwhelmingly so.
    - You get to interact with (usually) very cool people pursuing their dreams
    - The pay is good

Cons

- Hours can be a little different then the norm
    - Sometime people don't understand exactly what Nine9 can do to help them

Advice to Management

Keep working to make sure the entire team is happy and it'll keep paying off.

May 14, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thank you very much for the awesome review. We're thrilled to have you as a valued member of the team!

"Currently a Full time Model"

Former Employee - Castings Associate in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Castings Associate in Troy, MI

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was really cool being a part of such a warm welcoming place. I started off as a talent and starting working open calls to boost my confidence as a new face to the industry and it helped. Later I moved to NY and worked at the Nine9 office in NYC! Got some more gigs and decided since I was getting more and more it was time to give it my all. I've worked with some great people.

Cons

I can't think of any besides maybe snow days?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Apr 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for sharing your positive experience about Nine9 here on Glassdoor. We appreciate you taking the time to explain how you got started and your journey with our company. We're very lucky to have... More

"Great Company With Excellent Core Values"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Nine9 is fun, engaging, interactive, and ever-evolving! There's a lot of internal positivity and drive for success. Everyone here believes in the company's mission and practices the core values. It's a great environment to work in.

Cons

This is a perfect place to grow and develop professionally. There really aren't any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do - create effective workflows, drive change and motivate others to succeed!

Apr 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about working with us. We're thrilled to hear you've been loving the work and environment we all create together. If you ever have thoughts... More

"Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I used to work for them for about 10 months. I moved because I was too far from the office so I had to leave. But they actually did a lot of really good stuff. It all honestly depends on how you look. Obviously the better looking you are the more opportunities you will get. They are not in agency at all. They are a casting company and just like any company they charge for their services. They held auditions and workshops on a weekly basis in the office and I got calls every now and then with people thanking us for getting that auditions.

Cons

The people that came in are ridiculous sometimes. They are all really confused about an agency and a casting company. I never really understood people that were 5'5 and expect to be signed with an agency and get everything done for free. If you are not 5'10 than do not expect anything to be handed to you in this industry.

The pay is minimum wage but it's a good start especially if you want to be in this industry.

The hours are long and you have to be open to working on weekends.

Advice to Management

Get your staff in on the loop of what's going on instead of just telling us the changes.

Apr 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience at Nine9. We do appreciate you adding in your review that we are not an agency. It's helpful to have an... More

"Fun and rewarding"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Nine9 is great to work with and be part of, and the culture is fun with a great set of values. It's also rewarding to help our clients and talent to unleash and live their true potential, and be part of a growing company who is making a positive impact.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons to post. My experience here has been positive and any questions or concerns are addressed and resolved promptly.

Apr 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for the wonderful positivity in your review and for being a part of our company. We're very happy to hear that we've been able to meet your expectations as an employer and will continue to... More