Nine9 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Anthony Toma

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Currently a Full time Model"

Former Employee - Castings Associate in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Castings Associate in Troy, MI

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was really cool being a part of such a warm welcoming place. I started off as a talent and starting working open calls to boost my confidence as a new face to the industry and it helped. Later I moved to NY and worked at the Nine9 office in NYC! Got some more gigs and decided since I was getting more and more it was time to give it my all. I've worked with some great people.

Cons

I can't think of any besides maybe snow days?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Apr 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for sharing your positive experience about Nine9 here on Glassdoor. We appreciate you taking the time to explain how you got started and your journey with our company. We're very lucky to have... More

"Great Company With Excellent Core Values"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Nine9 is fun, engaging, interactive, and ever-evolving! There's a lot of internal positivity and drive for success. Everyone here believes in the company's mission and practices the core values. It's a great environment to work in.

Cons

This is a perfect place to grow and develop professionally. There really aren't any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do - create effective workflows, drive change and motivate others to succeed!

Apr 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about working with us. We're thrilled to hear you've been loving the work and environment we all create together. If you ever have thoughts... More

"Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I used to work for them for about 10 months. I moved because I was too far from the office so I had to leave. But they actually did a lot of really good stuff. It all honestly depends on how you look. Obviously the better looking you are the more opportunities you will get. They are not in agency at all. They are a casting company and just like any company they charge for their services. They held auditions and workshops on a weekly basis in the office and I got calls every now and then with people thanking us for getting that auditions.

Cons

The people that came in are ridiculous sometimes. They are all really confused about an agency and a casting company. I never really understood people that were 5'5 and expect to be signed with an agency and get everything done for free. If you are not 5'10 than do not expect anything to be handed to you in this industry.

The pay is minimum wage but it's a good start especially if you want to be in this industry.

The hours are long and you have to be open to working on weekends.

Advice to Management

Get your staff in on the loop of what's going on instead of just telling us the changes.

Apr 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Hello and thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience at Nine9. We do appreciate you adding in your review that we are not an agency. It's helpful to have an... More

"Fun and rewarding"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Nine9 is great to work with and be part of, and the culture is fun with a great set of values. It's also rewarding to help our clients and talent to unleash and live their true potential, and be part of a growing company who is making a positive impact.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons to post. My experience here has been positive and any questions or concerns are addressed and resolved promptly.

Apr 3, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks for the wonderful positivity in your review and for being a part of our company. We're very happy to hear that we've been able to meet your expectations as an employer and will continue to... More

5. "Best Company Around!!!"

Pros

The flexibility, the laid back environment, the Owner is the best Employer I've ever worked for. The Management team are very supportive and work very hard to bring out the best in all their employees. They not only treat with respect, they treat you as FAMILY! I love this place!!

Cons

Nope, haven't ran into any!!

Advice to Management

Keep making dreams come true;)

Apr 4, 2018 – Rep. Management

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review about your experience. It always means a lot to us to hear that as an employer Nine9 has met or exceeded expectations or our employees... More

6. "Amazing opportunities"

Pros

Able to move up quite fast, great co-workers, management that cares, fun and friendly environment, bonuses and incentives given out to top performers of the call center.

Cons

Sometimes the snack baskets are empty

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Apr 4, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We appreciate you sharing all of your thoughts about Nine9 and do hope that everything has continued to meet your expectations of us as an employer. We'll... More

"Love my job and working here. It also comes down to who your boss/ office director is."

Current Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the environment, especially with me having the DJing duties. I make it feel like a day time club, and it makes the work environment feel a lot more fun.

Love my coworkers, we all get along and respect one another. We have a lot of fun just messing around talking about everything/ anything.

Dress code, if you're into fashion. This is the place for you.

Job being flexible

Meeting new people

Room to grow quickly

It isn't a scam, I can understand why people may think that but it isn't.

Someone like me for example, I go the extra mile with my talents. I write down everyone I sign, I check up on them through customer service/ light box.

I see the amount of auditions some people get requested for. Some even for a $2000 voice over commercial for a jewelry commercial (most recent I can think of, along with the Mr. Clean new face commercial which was 20k)

Just need to be realistic, of course the attractive people will get more than the other. It's just the way it is unfortunately. I send a list of monologues to my people when they need it. They contact and reach out to me via email on weekends. They have a personal go-to person at all times for whenever they need help or have questions.

Cons

The hours.

The hours can be overwhelming at times. Can be draining.

Sometimes 9+ hours, but this is just the NY office with having to deal with two open calls a day sometimes.

Sometimes working on Saturday's (kind of sort of)

Meeting new people...this can be a PRO and CON. Some people come in with attitudes, just need to know how to deal with them.

Working on holidays if the building management were to allow it.

Would be better if pay was hourly + commission.

Apr 4, 2018 – Rep. Management

We're very happy to hear that on many points we are meeting your expectations or even exceeding them as your employer. We'd also like to apologize for the late reply to this review. We hope that you... More

8. "National Talent Specialist"

Current Employee - National Talent Specialist in Troy, MI

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, Helping potential models an actors reach there goals an dreams in the industry.

Cons

None at all I love nine9!

Apr 4, 2018 – Rep. Management

We're thrilled to hear that you're loving life as a member of the Nine9 family. It's awesome to have such a positive, optimistic employee working with our talent. Thanks for your hard work every day... More

"Been Here a Minute Now"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

Nine9 is a fun company! Everyday is a new adventure. I have been here several years and I have say there is never a dull moment! The corporate office listens to input from all office to make a cohesive, and inviting environment to all employees. The corporate office has really worked with my schedule in regards to family emergencies and that is why I have continued to stay here for several years.

Cons

The only downside is working on some holidays. Obviously though, with this industry, you need to work on certain holidays, but it would be a nice incentive to have those days off.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to create stronger team building exercises. I know it can be difficult considering the amount of employees spread out over numerous offices, but it would be a fun idea.

Apr 4, 2018 – Rep. Management

We're grateful for the valuable feedback you took the time to write within this review. Our apologies for not responding to your review much sooner. It's awesome to hear that you felt our corporate... More

10. "nine9 rocks"

Current Employee - National Talent Specialist in Troy, MI

Pros

I enjoy working here at nine9. I was hired to work in the call center and a month later was promoted to the UST division. I love what I do, the team has been extremely helpful. Nine9 has a family feel to it. I would recommend nine9 to anyone. It is truly one of the best places I have ever worked at.

Cons

There's no cons about nine9!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

Apr 4, 2018 – Rep. Management

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with Nine9 here on Glassdoor. We're all very happy to hear that we were able to meet your expectations as a great employer and we'll certainly keep striving... More