Nine9 Reviews | Glassdoor

"New Face Representative"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to talk to some really great people

Cons

Alot of people are not interested in the company because of false advertisement kinda. They charge alot of money for portfolio work and not everyone gets that big break. There was also a bomb threat by an employee that was fired and a few fights between catty women. They give you the opportunity to make a bonus but they pretty much cheat you out of that. No matter how many appts you schedule, if they don't show, YOU DONT GET THAT NUMBER!!!!!!! Then they say your numbers are low smh

Advice to Management

Get a better incentive package and stop selling dreams. Also stop being allowed to call and talk to children

"Nine9 is a great place to grow if you are open to opportunity and learning more about the entertainment industry."

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love the staff and the upbeat environment. I never complain about my job and I always enjoy going in to work.

Cons

There are none. Every job is what you make it and this particular job can be so rewarding if you have a mindset for growth.

Advice to Management

Keep being supportive and motivating us all.

"Don't believe the hype!!!"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

They make you think your already famous!

Cons

This company will tell you everything you want to hear until you tell them you can't pay them $500 for a profolio and to join. Don't waste your time or money here! I said I'll bring my own profolio they said no!

Advice to Management

Give people more options when it comes to $$$

"Even after working there it seems like a scam."

Former Employee - Talent Specialist/Receptionist in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Talent Specialist/Receptionist in Irving, TX

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some of my best friends there. The hours are pretty reasonable and steady.

Cons

Corporate refused to update our office, so everything was falling apart, it was so sales heavy, they would sign anyone, whether they had talent and could make it in the industry or not. Corporate would always threaten to "down-size" if goals weren't met.

Advice to Management

Focus on bringing on quality talent and actually helping them get work instead of just signing anyone who will give you money. Upping your talent will make you seem more reputable. Also, better reward your employees for meeting goals and they'll be happier.

"CEO prevents this place from being at least average"

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Very friendly environment
    - Workload is consistent
    - Management is lenient/understanding
    - Middle management is passionate and hard-working

Cons

- Work isn't very satisfying
    - Very little room to advance
    - CEO - and the company in general - has very negative public image that you somehow have to work around
    - Communication with HR and CEO is severely lacking
    - Management's communication with clients/the public is SEVERELY lacking
    - Pay is unreasonable for the workload

Advice to Management

To middle/lower management: There is an enormous disconnect between you and your employees that leaves them feeling unsatisfied and guilty. You say that Nine9 isn't a scam, but it's hard to feel that way when nearly every client of yours believes in their heart that it is. You can't rely on your lower employees to fix your public image. It shouldn't be hard to fix, but upper management needs to work on it as hard as possible.

To the CEO: You need to get a hold of yourself. You're the CEO of a company that I know you believe in, and you need to start acting like it. You need to get your anger under control, treat your employees and clients with respect and maturity, and stop taking every negative review of your shady company so personally. Be the leader your company needs, or else it won't survive much longer.

"SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! RUN!"

Former Employee - Talent Coordinator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Talent Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My Coworkers were cool to work with

Cons

All a numbers game, most of the people coming in as "Talent" don't even know why they're even there. No work life balance. $7.25 base pay VS commission. TRUST me you'll be seeing a lot more base pay then commission, most of the people they invite in are unemployed and look nothing like the entertainment industry. After you take their money you just send them about they're merry way . EXTREMELY HIGH Turn Overate, In just one month of being there the team change at least 3 times between my peers, management, and receptionist.

Advice to Management

BETTER PAY, TREAT YOUR EMPLOYEES BETTER, BETTER PAY

"Talent Specialist"

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool high energy job. Relaxed working environment

Cons

You basically work lots of free hours. Its hourly vs commission. My check has been $350 for 2 full weeks before and I worked 80 hours.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better if you want to stop losing good hardworking employees

"Place is a scam"

I have been working at Nine9 part-time

Pros

I can't say there are pros to working there.

Cons

Place is a scam
    Hires unaware children
    Takes hundreds of peoples' money with false given hope

"They don't care about you or the people they scam daily."

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

If you are money driven how I used to be, you'll have a great opportunity to profit but only as an office director. The rest of your staff will pretty much pull in minimum wage at $7.25 while working 5-6 days a week 9-10 hour days.

Cons

The company does not actually provide the services to the degree they claim and they overwork employees with little compensation. Bullying and intimidation tactics are used in lieu of actual constructive management. The worst part is the dishonesty. When upper management lie to each other daily and secretly record conversations to get each other fired, it's naive to believe anything that comes from anyone. Many weeks they struggle to make payroll and in turn put the pressure on ODs to produce. Staff retention is nearly impossible and it's due to upper management not actually valuing the employees. The talent are even worse off. They're baited in by posts on Facebook. They think they're coming in to audition for the new hot film in production but it's really to get them to sign on as a talent and invest in Nine9's sub par comp cards and headshots. Some office directors will work to get their talent opportunities despite the company's intentions but definitely not all. The photographers I had the pleasure of working with were all the real deal but only because they're chosen by the office director in their specific market.

Advice to Management

This company is beyond advice at this point.

"Eh"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

Good work culture in individual offices.

Cons

No time off. Rude upper management. Work holidays. No employee incentives.

Advice to Management

Lower your prices, and offer holidays off for employees.