Nine9 Reviews | Glassdoor

Nine9 Reviews

Updated August 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"What they claim to be, they are not. HUGE SCAM."

Former Employee - Office Director in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Office Director in Washington, DC

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can make great money on their sales team if you are ok with working 6 days a week and sometimes even 7 days.

Cons

No Benefits
    Scamming people
    Back stabbing from the top down
    Being forced to sign on everyone even if they don't have a good look or a great personality
    Numbers only - no customer service
    No real castings - being forced to lie about castings call they don't really have

Advice to Management

Be honest about what you do and stop acting like you are a casting agency when you are not. Be truthful with your potential talent, let them know they will have to have $495.00 before they come so they don't feel lied to. Take care of your staff, stop making them work every day and every holiday. Give better benefits that all employees can take part in.

2. "Currently a Full time Model"

Former Employee - Castings Associate in Troy, MI
    Former Employee - Castings Associate in Troy, MI

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was really cool being a part of such a warm welcoming place. I started off as a talent and starting working open calls to boost my confidence as a new face to the industry and it helped. Later I moved to NY and worked at the Nine9 office in NYC! Got some more gigs and decided since I was getting more and more it was time to give it my all. I've worked with some great people.

Cons

I can't think of any besides maybe snow days?

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

3. "Great Company With Excellent Core Values"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Nine9 is fun, engaging, interactive, and ever-evolving! There's a lot of internal positivity and drive for success. Everyone here believes in the company's mission and practices the core values. It's a great environment to work in.

Cons

This is a perfect place to grow and develop professionally. There really aren't any cons.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you do - create effective workflows, drive change and motivate others to succeed!

4. "Receptionist"

Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Receptionist in New York, NY

I worked at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I used to work for them for about 10 months. I moved because I was too far from the office so I had to leave. But they actually did a lot of really good stuff. It all honestly depends on how you look. Obviously the better looking you are the more opportunities you will get. They are not in agency at all. They are a casting company and just like any company they charge for their services. They held auditions and workshops on a weekly basis in the office and I got calls every now and then with people thanking us for getting that auditions.

Cons

The people that came in are ridiculous sometimes. They are all really confused about an agency and a casting company. I never really understood people that were 5'5 and expect to be signed with an agency and get everything done for free. If you are not 5'10 than do not expect anything to be handed to you in this industry.

The pay is minimum wage but it's a good start especially if you want to be in this industry.

The hours are long and you have to be open to working on weekends.

Advice to Management

Get your staff in on the loop of what's going on instead of just telling us the changes.

"Talent Specialist"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

-Majority of people are very nice

Cons

-Misleading company about what they do
    -Work 6 days a week
    -Promoted so fast it brought questions

Advice to Management

-Be more honest with potential clients

"Easy job that is made difficult for absolute reason"

Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Front Desk Receptionist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like my morning schedule

Cons

Office Directors are not great leaders, high turnover rate, unprofessional, based on "numbers" that are imaginary to the entertainment industry itself, no ones what they are doing which causes basic skills, daily routine to CHANGE EVERY OTHER HOUR, Pay is ridiculous for the amount of time you spend with people and co workers, only one day off a week....

Advice to Management

Have time management skills, be a team player, talk to coworkers with respect, leave personal business outside the office.

"Fun and rewarding"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The team at Nine9 is great to work with and be part of, and the culture is fun with a great set of values. It's also rewarding to help our clients and talent to unleash and live their true potential, and be part of a growing company who is making a positive impact.

Cons

I honestly can't think of any cons to post. My experience here has been positive and any questions or concerns are addressed and resolved promptly.

"NOT A PLACE FOR GROWTH!"

Former Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, literally anyone could do it. I was the receptionist and was doing way more than any of my co-workers. So much so, that clients STILL reach out to me from the company.
    Steady paycheck
    Solid hours
    Small Office

Cons

Management and talent specialists don't do their job
    Management will fire you at any given second without a second care
    No benefits or they don't share them with you
    Fake casting company...it is a scam because people are paying for a service they are NOT receiving at all and you realize this when you work there.
    Bad Co-workers, everyone is stuck up with an attitude and their breath stinks
    No protection. There was an incident where a guy took people under hostage and management expected you to be at work the next day.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your customers.....especially so they don't have to reach out to people outside of the company for advice. Stop giving crappy roles to your black actors/actresses...saw that happening on numerous occasions. Stop ripping off your customers. Why are they paying you over $500 for an iniation fee from someone who isn't certified to take crappy photos of them and edit them on picassa..not even photoshop and then try and selling them $800 PHOTOSHOOT PACKAGES?! I have proof. It's ridiculous.

"Would not recommend"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, fun co-workers, environment sometimes a lot of fun. Possibility for advancement but only so far you can go in this company

Cons

Terrible pay, poorly run, sub-par office space. Outdated computers/phones/equipment. No real leadership

"Been Here a Minute Now"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

Nine9 is a fun company! Everyday is a new adventure. I have been here several years and I have say there is never a dull moment! The corporate office listens to input from all office to make a cohesive, and inviting environment to all employees. The corporate office has really worked with my schedule in regards to family emergencies and that is why I have continued to stay here for several years.

Cons

The only downside is working on some holidays. Obviously though, with this industry, you need to work on certain holidays, but it would be a nice incentive to have those days off.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to create stronger team building exercises. I know it can be difficult considering the amount of employees spread out over numerous offices, but it would be a fun idea.