Nine9 Reviews | Glassdoor

Nine9 Reviews

Updated October 15, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"NOT A PLACE FOR GROWTH!"

Former Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, literally anyone could do it. I was the receptionist and was doing way more than any of my co-workers. So much so, that clients STILL reach out to me from the company.
    Steady paycheck
    Solid hours
    Small Office

Cons

Management and talent specialists don't do their job
    Management will fire you at any given second without a second care
    No benefits or they don't share them with you
    Fake casting company...it is a scam because people are paying for a service they are NOT receiving at all and you realize this when you work there.
    Bad Co-workers, everyone is stuck up with an attitude and their breath stinks
    No protection. There was an incident where a guy took people under hostage and management expected you to be at work the next day.

Advice to Management

Start caring about your customers.....especially so they don't have to reach out to people outside of the company for advice. Stop giving crappy roles to your black actors/actresses...saw that happening on numerous occasions. Stop ripping off your customers. Why are they paying you over $500 for an iniation fee from someone who isn't certified to take crappy photos of them and edit them on picassa..not even photoshop and then try and selling them $800 PHOTOSHOOT PACKAGES?! I have proof. It's ridiculous.

"Would not recommend"

I worked at Nine9 full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, fun co-workers, environment sometimes a lot of fun. Possibility for advancement but only so far you can go in this company

Cons

Terrible pay, poorly run, sub-par office space. Outdated computers/phones/equipment. No real leadership

"Been Here a Minute Now"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time

Pros

Nine9 is a fun company! Everyday is a new adventure. I have been here several years and I have say there is never a dull moment! The corporate office listens to input from all office to make a cohesive, and inviting environment to all employees. The corporate office has really worked with my schedule in regards to family emergencies and that is why I have continued to stay here for several years.

Cons

The only downside is working on some holidays. Obviously though, with this industry, you need to work on certain holidays, but it would be a nice incentive to have those days off.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to create stronger team building exercises. I know it can be difficult considering the amount of employees spread out over numerous offices, but it would be a fun idea.

"Love my job and working here. It also comes down to who your boss/ office director is."

Current Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Talent Specialist in New York, NY

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love the environment, especially with me having the DJing duties. I make it feel like a day time club, and it makes the work environment feel a lot more fun.

Love my coworkers, we all get along and respect one another. We have a lot of fun just messing around talking about everything/ anything.

Dress code, if you're into fashion. This is the place for you.

Job being flexible

Meeting new people

Room to grow quickly

It isn't a scam, I can understand why people may think that but it isn't.

Someone like me for example, I go the extra mile with my talents. I write down everyone I sign, I check up on them through customer service/ light box.

I see the amount of auditions some people get requested for. Some even for a $2000 voice over commercial for a jewelry commercial (most recent I can think of, along with the Mr. Clean new face commercial which was 20k)

Just need to be realistic, of course the attractive people will get more than the other. It's just the way it is unfortunately. I send a list of monologues to my people when they need it. They contact and reach out to me via email on weekends. They have a personal go-to person at all times for whenever they need help or have questions.

Cons

The hours.

The hours can be overwhelming at times. Can be draining.

Sometimes 9+ hours, but this is just the NY office with having to deal with two open calls a day sometimes.

Sometimes working on Saturday's (kind of sort of)

Meeting new people...this can be a PRO and CON. Some people come in with attitudes, just need to know how to deal with them.

Working on holidays if the building management were to allow it.

Would be better if pay was hourly + commission.

"Working at nine 9"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I have been working at Nine9 part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like working at nine 9. Job is easy. Staff is co-operative and management is flexible. I like Jane who is a cool supervisor. Erin is very helpful as well so is Jessica and Anthony. Just come on time make your calls and schedules, listen carefully and give out the best information as possible. If you have questions just ask. Don't believe every thing you read online.

Cons

Sometimes you just need to have a thick skin with some of the rude clients.. But this is in any customer service job

Advice to Management

Good job nine9. Lets keep both our employees and clients happy and satisfied.

"A great job if you have a Sales mentality"

Pros

Free snacks and coffee, friendly staff. CEO occasionally brings in fresh food from his garden and gives them to staff. Certain positions allow you to take time off with 24 hour notice, so it is good for people with kids and obligations outside of work. Strong "promote from within" mentality, so ambitious employees can climb to higher positions quickly. There are many openings in which no experience is required, so it is great for people who want to build sales experience.

Cons

Aggressive environment because many positions are sales and commission driven. This is not a place for timid individuals or people with low energy. Certain levels of management micromanage and create an atmosphere of intimidation (again, sales driven), so it can be uncomfortable to work in some positions if goals are not met.

Advice to Management

Ensure staff have the tools needed to excel at their jobs and hold seminars and workshops on sales, as well as consider new ways to market our services as a casting company to improve it's reputation. Ex. list our prices and interview process on our webpage and make it clear that we are not an Agency all over our page and social media. That is where many of the misconceptions about our company stem from.

7. "National Talent Specialist"

Current Employee - National Talent Specialist in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - National Talent Specialist in Troy, MI

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment, Helping potential models an actors reach there goals an dreams in the industry.

Cons

None at all I love nine9!

8. "Amazing opportunities"

Pros

Able to move up quite fast, great co-workers, management that cares, fun and friendly environment, bonuses and incentives given out to top performers of the call center.

Cons

Sometimes the snack baskets are empty

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

9. "Best Company Around!!!"

Pros

The flexibility, the laid back environment, the Owner is the best Employer I've ever worked for. The Management team are very supportive and work very hard to bring out the best in all their employees. They not only treat with respect, they treat you as FAMILY! I love this place!!

Cons

Nope, haven't ran into any!!

Advice to Management

Keep making dreams come true;)

10. "Working at Nine9"

I have been working at Nine9 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- You don't have to work early mornings
    - fun work environment
    - potential to earn a lot of commission

Cons

- Full time staff work 6 days and every Saturday
    - Very hard to get time off
    - Undervalue their employees

Advice to Management

-Hold annual conference at the corporate office
    -Allow ideas to be heard and put into action
    -Better training for new staff