NinjaCat Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Business Development"

Current Employee - BDR in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - BDR in Orlando, FL

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing opportunities, Motivated team,

Cons

None! Its a wonderful job opportunity

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and don't become that corporate monster.

2. "Probably the best place you can work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time (More than a year)

Pros

From the very start, Ninjacat has felt like a family. They have done so much to make their employees feel embraced, and they work to establish a culture of appropriate transparency, communication, healthy tradition, and mutualism.

There is much to be said about the flat structure of the company. While there are clearly defined roles, the intimidation of titles is very much so discouraged. The CEO is just as accessible as your co-worker, which takes some getting used to, but is quite lovely.

A wonderful place to grow and feel that you are truly cared for, both professionally and personally.

Cons

Really don't have any complaints!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do!

"Amazing Place to Work for Highly Motivated Individuals"

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time

Pros

NinjaCat has created a work environment that is unlike any place I have worked before. While the work environment is remote, the team is very well connected and there is a true sense that everyone cares about each other. In any company there are challenges that arise, but at NinjaCat it is not about pointing fingers, but trying to help each other overcome these challenges and make the team stronger. The other perks include a results based work environment with unlimited vacation and fun team building trips that help bridge the gap that the remote work environment can create.

Cons

The biggest con is the challenges of navigating the remote working environment and having the discipline required to be successful in it. Great communication and self discipline is required to be successful at NinjaCat.

"Sales"

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NinjaCat is made up of a group of people unlike any other work environment I've experienced. We are truly a family. We have each other's backs. We face obstacles as challenges, as a team. The culture is founded on a drive to make NinjaCat the best it can be and everyone feeds off that every day.

The ability to work remotely is the absolute best.

The passion we have to wow our customers and do the right thing makes us feel like we really making an impact in people's lives.

Our annual team meet ups just keep getting better and better. Our most recent trip was an entire company retreat to Disney where there was no work. Just a vacation for us all to get to know each other better so we can be even stronger as a team.

My sock collection has never been better.

Cons

We are growing fast and that means things can be chaotic at times. Everyone works really hard and the pace isn't for everyone. Work hard/play hard definitely fits our culture.

"A fun, happy place to work!"

Current Employee - Core Developer in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Core Developer in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The positive and happy atmosphere each and every team member exhibits is truly incredible - this is infectious and you can't help but feel like you are surrounded by family who care.

There are no egos! Everyone's input, perspective, and unique experiences are valued and encouraged.

I've worked remote over 8 years now, and this will forever be something I enjoy. Its empowering and at NinjaCat, we utilize the latest tools and technologies to ensure effective communication.

Work/life balance is great. More specifically, if something comes up at home and I need to take a few hours off, I can easily do so without anyone micromanaging my time.

Everything seems to be fun :)

Cons

Personally, I prefer more clearly defined roles and responsibilities within a large development team. There are certainly advantages in having opportunities to wear many hats at any time (flat structure), but this can at times feel like 'hot potato' and creates confusion. Also, from a career growth perspective, this can help and encourage individuals to grow into new positions, achieving career milestones.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture going!

"I feel so lucky to work at NinjaCat!"

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture! It is so amazing to work with a group of people who genuinely care about each other and the company. Everyone is so kind and helpful. Even when it gets stressful, everyone stays positive and focused on working through a solution instead of placing blame. I really cannot say enough great things. The company is always changing and growing and it keeps it interesting. It really feels like you are working with a group of friends to build a great product.

We just took a company trip to Disney World and I had such a blast! We had amazing food and went on rides and I don't think I stopped smiling the whole time! It is so cool to work for a place that both allows you to work remotely and build lasting friendships.

NinjaCat is one of those companies that is really as good as sounds.

Cons

I haven't found any cons!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! Genuinely caring about people on the team is what makes it amazing to work here!

"No better place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Success
    Current Employee - Customer Success

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked for several companies over the course of my 30 year career ranging from large companies like IBM to small start-ups. NinjaCat beats them all. There is no place I would rather work than NinjaCat. The culture is amazing. We are one big family - and we consider our clients to be part of our extended family. If you want to work at a place where you know in your heart of hearts that you can trust each and every person you work with .... that is NinjaCat.

Cons

There is no corporate jet (ha ha ... have to put at least 5 words here in order to submit a review and that's all I can think of at the moment!)

"More than a company, it's a family."

Current Employee - Tech Support in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Tech Support in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The entire team is amazing! From day one, you're brought on board, and you matter. There's a culture here that I've only dreamed of. No expectations except being the best you that you can muster up.

The product is feature-rich, the development team is hands down the most approachable I've ever had the pleasure of working with, and the CEO isn't a stuffed suit filled with fake promises and buzzwords.

I could go on, but the bottom line here is, it's an awesome start-up with none of the usual nonsense that comes with it.

Cons

The only con here is that you're going to have to rise to your potential. This isn't a place you come to just collect a paycheck. NinjaCat will give you the best it has, no questions asked, and it will expect the same from you. (not really a con, but the best I've got)

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing!

"Incredible company to work for!"

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

NinjaCat’s culture is extraordinary, and it’s not just because we have a ping-pong table and amazing snack bar. (Which we do!) It’s the people. My coworkers are encouraging and incredibly supportive. NinjaCat empowers its employees to foster an environment where personal growth, flexibility, and creative exploration is celebrated! A place where there’s REAL communication and it’s okay to make mistakes if you’re learning something. The work is challenging at times, but ALWAYS rewarding. Because of the company’s philosophy of total and complete transparency - traditional “Office politics” do not exist. There are no strategies that people play to gain an advantage, personally or for a cause they support. We are all equals at NinjaCat and because of this people are comfortable being themselves, are happy and really care. I can’t say enough about how awesome this place is to work. If you like software, personal growth, and people, then this might be the right place for you.

Cons

I only have one con. The majority of the company works remotely, and because my coworkers are so awesome - I wish I was able to see and work with them in person on a more regular basis. We use a lot of video chatting and other innovative tools to stay connected, but sometimes it's just nice to be able to speak with someone in person.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

"Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Product Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at NinjaCat full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful, fast-paced start up environment. The culture is really what makes NinjaCat a fantastic place to be. The people are smart, hard working, and support each other throughout the organization.

The leadership are transparent and really show that they value the team in every decision they make. It sounds like a overly glowing review, but I really can't say enough good things about the company.

Remote working -- a large portion of the company work remotely.

I've been at other start ups and large companies, and it's night and day here.

Cons

We're always incredibly busy. We're trying to do as much as possible with limited resources. Work life balance can be an issue if we're not careful, however, we 'try' to keep it in check.

If you're not self motivated and organized it's going to be a struggle. If you need to be managed closely or need to work in a traditional office setting, you may not enjoy it here.

Advice to Management

Protect the culture at all cost! It's what makes NinjaCat great!